|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Paul described as a child?
2. How does Paul satisfy what whispers to him after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) Fighting his sister.
(b) Quitting his betting.
(c) Bringing in more money.
(d) Getting into Oxford.
3. How are Joan and Paul related?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his nanny.
(d) She is his aunt.
4. When does Barrett make big bets?
(a) When Paul is certain.
(b) When Oscar makes the same bet.
(c) When the weather is right.
(d) When he gets paid.
5. Why does Paul play on his horse so much?
(a) It tells him the winners.
(b) It keeps other people away from him.
(c) It speaks kind words to him.
(d) It comforts him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
2. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
3. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
4. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
5. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)