|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul's uncle call him when he sees Paul with his favorite toy?
(a) A betting man.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A jockey.
(d) A fortunate one.
2. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
(b) All of these.
3. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He doesn't know the answers.
(c) He respects Paul's privacy.
(d) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
4. What does Mother say was her biggest mistake?
(a) Learning to sing.
(b) Having children.
(c) Not going to school.
(d) Getting married.
5. What is Ascot?
(a) A champion fighter.
(b) A race.
(c) A betting hall.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mother's most important servant?
2. How does Barrett feel about his talks with Paul?
3. Who put Paul's family in debt?
4. How does the author describe Mother's taste in things?
5. What does Mother say one needs to be successful in life?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)