|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
(a) They have no money.
(b) She is aging badly.
(c) She is seen with other men often.
(d) She is miserable.
2. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
(a) Get rid of him,
(b) Distract him.
(c) Motivate him.
(d) Humor him.
3. Who has helped Paul make his fortune?
4. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Runs away.
5. What is Paul's main motivation?
(a) His mother's problems.
(b) His belief in God.
(c) His friendship with Barrett.
(d) His father's failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
2. Who does Mother like to lord over?
3. How does Barrett safeguard unsure bets?
4. What is Barrett's job?
5. How are Joan and Paul related?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)