|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What never seems to be enough for Mother?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her children.
(d) All of these.
2. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) Her house is small.
(b) Her children are grown.
(c) She can't afford it.
(d) She lives in a bad part of town.
3. How is Paul described as a child?
4. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
(a) When the weather is bad.
(b) When he doesn't go to church.
(c) When Paul is not certain.
(d) When he doesn't sleep well.
5. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
(a) The past.
(b) The house.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
2. How are Joan and Paul related?
3. What is Paul's uncle's name?
4. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
5. Who tells Paul's uncle about what he and Barrett talk about?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)