|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Mother's taste in things?
2. What happened to Mother after she got married?
(a) She got very ill.
(b) She lost her inheritance.
(c) She had bad luck.
(d) She was cheated on.
3. What is strange about what Paul makes his first bet on with his Uncle?
(a) It is an outsider.
(b) It is a past winner.
(c) It is an old rider.
(d) It is a young horse.
4. What never seems to be enough for Mother?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her children.
5. How much money has Paul made with Barrett?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 3,500 pounds.
(d) 2,500 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
2. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
3. How does Mother feel in her house?
4. Who tells Paul's uncle about what he and Barrett talk about?
5. What does Paul tell his uncle he knows a lot about?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)