|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother say one needs to be successful in life?
2. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
(d) All of these.
3. What happens to Paul's eyes when he plays with his favorite toy?
(a) They glaze over.
(b) They brighten up.
(c) They close.
(d) They turn dark.
4. What happened to Mother after she got married?
(a) She lost her inheritance.
(b) She was cheated on.
(c) She got very ill.
(d) She had bad luck.
5. Where is Paul's favorite toy kept?
(a) His room.
(b) The basement.
(c) The store.
(d) The nursery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
2. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
3. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
4. How does Paul hope to win his mother's love?
5. Who does Mother blame in private for being so poor?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)