|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mother after she got married?
(a) She had bad luck.
(b) She was cheated on.
(c) She got very ill.
(d) She lost her inheritance.
2. How does Paul describe his relationship with Barrett?
(a) A mentorship.
(b) A partnership.
(c) A frienship.
(d) A family relationship.
3. What makes Mother such an unlikable character?
(a) She is young.
(b) She doesn't like her children.
(c) She is not pretty.
(d) She is manipulative.
4. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
(a) Their father is unlucky.
(b) She got sick.
(c) She spent the money.
(d) They were all born.
5. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
(a) His father.
(b) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Joan and Paul related?
2. Why did Mother get married?
3. What does Mother say was her biggest mistake?
4. How is Mother described at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Barrett's job?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)