|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mother blame in private for being so poor?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
2. What child is Paul?
3. Where did Father go to school?
4. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
(a) His hands.
(b) His hair.
(c) His breathing.
(d) His eyes.
5. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
(c) Slightly happier.
(d) As if she deserved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paul refuse his trip after his Mother's birthday?
2. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
3. What place does Paul's first bet take?
4. Who stores Paul's share of his winnings?
5. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)