|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
(a) That is a kind of prayer.
(b) It is a horse.
(c) It is her fault.
(d) He has been saying that for a while.
2. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
(a) The house.
(d) His family.
3. What time of day does Paul die?
(a) As the sun sets.
(c) The early morning.
(d) Night time.
4. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
5. What shows that Paul has a special power?
(a) His strange vocabulary.
(b) His guessing the winners.
(c) The connetion with the horse.
(d) The change in his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Paul's uncle about what he and Barrett talk about?
2. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
3. What makes Mother connect with Paul?
4. Who does Mother blame for her lack of success in life?
5. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)