|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she loves him.
(b) If she feels lucky.
(c) If she got a present.
(d) If she is happy.
2. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
(a) His father.
(b) Her uncle.
3. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
(a) After he signs up for the military.
(b) After the big race.
(d) After he graduates.
4. What does Mother try to keep the appearance of after her marriage?
(a) That she is rich.
(b) That she is faithful.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That she is happy.
5. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
(a) To gamble.
(b) To keep up appearances.
(c) To help others.
(d) To pay for schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
2. Who does Mother blame in private for being so poor?
3. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
4. What is Ascot?
5. Who tries to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)