|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mother after she got married?
(a) She had bad luck.
(b) She got very ill.
(c) She was cheated on.
(d) She lost her inheritance.
2. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A guardian.
(c) A cook.
(d) A tailor.
3. When did Mother last have the luxury she got for herself in the winter?
(a) She never had it.
(b) When she was a child.
(c) When she was at school.
(d) When she was first married.
4. What is Ascot?
(a) A betting hall.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A champion fighter.
(d) A race.
5. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
(c) As if she deserved it.
(d) Slightly happier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Paul described as a child?
2. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
3. How much money did Paul win at the Lincoln races?
4. Who is the money from the Lincoln races given to?
5. What does Mother say one needs to be successful in life?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)