|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
(a) They were all born.
(b) Their father is unlucky.
(c) She spent the money.
(d) She got sick.
2. What does Paul's uncle call him when he sees Paul with his favorite toy?
(a) A betting man.
(b) A fortunate one.
(c) A jockey.
(d) A gentleman.
3. What is Ascot?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A race.
(c) A champion fighter.
(d) A betting hall.
4. What is Paul's uncle's name?
5. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
(a) Horse racing.
(b) Raising cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who whispers that they need more?
2. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
3. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
4. How is Mother described at the beginning of the book?
5. How much money has Paul made with Barrett?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)