|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother love to buy for her children?
(b) All of these.
2. What military branch was Paul's uncle involved in?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
3. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
(a) They were all born.
(b) She spent the money.
(c) Their father is unlucky.
(d) She got sick.
4. What is Ascot?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A race.
(c) A betting hall.
(d) A champion fighter.
5. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) She can't afford it.
(b) She lives in a bad part of town.
(c) Her house is small.
(d) Her children are grown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
2. When does Barrett make big bets?
3. Who often buys toys for the children?
4. What is strange about what Paul makes his first bet on with his Uncle?
5. How was Mother raised?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)