|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Paul described as a child?
2. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) Her children are grown.
(b) She lives in a bad part of town.
(c) Her house is small.
(d) She can't afford it.
3. Who has helped Paul make his fortune?
4. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
(d) All of these.
5. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
(b) Horse racing.
(d) Raising cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mother described at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens to Paul's eyes when he plays with his favorite toy?
3. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
4. How does Barrett safeguard unsure bets?
5. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)