|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
(a) The farm land.
(b) The seaside.
(c) The races.
(d) The school.
2. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
(a) Humor him.
(b) Get rid of him,
(c) Distract him.
(d) Motivate him.
3. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
(a) It is a horse.
(b) He has been saying that for a while.
(c) It is her fault.
(d) That is a kind of prayer.
4. Why does Paul play on his horse so much?
(a) It tells him the winners.
(b) It speaks kind words to him.
(c) It keeps other people away from him.
(d) It comforts him.
5. How has Paul been picking race winners?
(a) He read it in books.
(b) It came to him in dreams.
(c) His rocking horse told him.
(d) The house told him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
2. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
3. Why does Paul refuse his trip after his Mother's birthday?
4. Who hears someone whispering they need more?
5. What happens to Paul's eyes when he plays with his favorite toy?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)