|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the house change after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) It doesn't change at all.
(b) It is added on to.
(c) It is refurnished.
(d) It is repainted.
2. Who does Barrett talk to about Paul's talents?
3. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) She can't afford it.
(b) She lives in a bad part of town.
(c) Her children are grown.
(d) Her house is small.
4. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
5. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
(a) They were all born.
(b) Their father is unlucky.
(c) She got sick.
(d) She spent the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
2. What does Paul do during the big race?
3. Who is Mother's most important servant?
4. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
5. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)