|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
(a) Humor him.
(b) Distract him.
(c) Motivate him.
(d) Get rid of him,
2. What secret do the children all know about Mother?
(a) She is unhappy.
(b) She has a hard time loving them.
(c) She is cheating on their father.
(d) She is in debt.
3. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
(a) Slightly happier.
(c) As if she deserved it.
4. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
(a) She got sick.
(b) Their father is unlucky.
(c) They were all born.
(d) She spent the money.
5. Why does someone try to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
(a) He will do better with his studies.
(b) He gave them the money.
(c) He is acting strange.
(d) He is annoying to have around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is someone hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
2. What happened to Mother after she got married?
3. What does Mother have in common with Paul?
4. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
5. What does Mother do as soon as she gets home from the party?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)