|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money has Paul made with Barrett?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 1,500 pounds.
(c) 3,500 pounds.
(d) 2,500 pounds.
2. What does Mother have in common with Paul?
(a) She has a special gift.
(b) She want an education.
(c) She loves money.
(d) She loves gambling.
3. Why is Paul so nervous about the race after his mother's birthday?
(a) The house is tormenting him.
(b) He gave up all his money.
(c) He wants to quit betting.
(d) He cannot pick a winner.
4. What does Mother say was her biggest mistake?
(a) Having children.
(b) Not going to school.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Learning to sing.
5. What does Mother try to keep the appearance of after her marriage?
(a) That she is rich.
(b) That she is happy.
(c) That she is faithful.
(d) That she is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
2. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
3. How is Paul described as a child?
4. How does Barrett know what to bet on?
5. How does Paul describe his relationship with Barrett?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)