• Mother is a woman who married for love when she was quite young, and almost immediately regretted the decision.
• She was raised in luxury, but finds that her husband has no luck, which is what she blames for his lack of money.
• She has five children who all know she does not love them despite her habit of buying them toys she cannot afford.
• The children often hear the house muttering that it needs money to survive. Paul asks his mother why they have no money and she blames her husband's lack of luck.
• Paul has the habit of playing with his rocking horse. His sisters hate to watch him on it as his eyes glaze over and he looks strange. His uncle likes his devotion.
• Uncle Oscar hears Jean say that Paul knows a lot about horse racing because he talks to Barrett the...
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)