|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From Gremionis's house, who does Baley call?
2. When Baley first enters the house of Gremionis, what does he mention?
3. Why does Daneel praise Giskard when they are in the airfoil?
4. Aside from being addressed in the Personal, what other occurrence disturbs Baley?
5. Who does Baley meet in the Communal Personal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baley find the character of Amadiro?
2. How does Baley argue that Daneel might be able to control other robots?
3. Why is the consideration of sins of commission and omission irrelevant to robots?
4. What is Amadiro's goal for creating humaniform robots in the RIA?
5. How does Vasilia feel about classifying Jander's destruction as murder.
6. Explain how Baley gets in to see Kenden Amadiro, head of the RIA.
7. Explain how Baley's meeting Gremionis in the Personal breaks an Earth taboo.
8. What confirms Baley's idea that Daneel is the one in danger?
9. Explain what happens when Baley is alone with Gladia in her house.
10. Describe the ride in the airfoil back to Fastolfe's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, Judging Books by Their Covers. Using Giskard as an example, discuss how (1) intelligence and function have little to do with appearance of the robot, (2) how an android may appear human but lacks human emotion, and (3) how misjudging robots parallels mistakes in evaluating human beings.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, Asimov as a Writer, Scientist, and a Member of MENSA. Use the library and the internet to gather facts about Asimov's life and career.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, The Communistic Nature of Aurora in THE ROBOTS OF DAWN. Include the following: (1) the idea that there are no "have nots" on Aurora, (2) the Auroran population control, and (3) the idea that jealousy does not exist on Aurora.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)