|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baley point out could potentially cause the RIA's plan to expand the Galaxy with robots to fail?
2. Who wants to have a relationship with Gladia?
3. At what point is aggression removed from inhabitants of Aurora?
4. What is clear about the breakdown of the airfoil?
5. What is Gremionis's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Baley gets in to see Kenden Amadiro, head of the RIA.
2. What does Fastolfe think about his daughter's assessment of himself?
3. Why is the consideration of sins of commission and omission irrelevant to robots?
4. What does Baley theorize about Amadiro's involvement in Jander's demise?
5. What would be the outcome if Fastolfe ordered Daneel not to consider him guilty of Jander's destruction?
6. What is the meeting with the Chairman supposed to be about?
7. What is Amadiro's goal for creating humaniform robots in the RIA?
8. How does Baley argue that Daneel might be able to control other robots?
9. Why does Giskard interrupt while Baley is asking Daneel about the role of the Chairman in Auroran government?
10. How does Amadiro stall for time with Baley until the storm hits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, The Power of the Drama. Using the example of the drama about Baley as a springboard, explain in your essay how people can be swayed by what they see in dramatic form. You might want to research a little about how Hollywood helped keep the spirits of the American people up during WWII.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, The Pros and Cons of Population Control. In the novel, Earth has become overcrowded with everyone living in domed cities. On Aurora, the population is carefully controlled to prevent overcrowding and keep down costs of supporting a large population. Analyze both sides presenting the good and the bad within each approach.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, Phobias in THE ROBOTS OF DAWN. This two part essay expresses your understanding and evaluation of germ phobia and agoraphobia. Include how phobias lead to obsessive-compulsive behavior.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)