|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baley point out could potentially cause the RIA's plan to expand the Galaxy with robots to fail?
2. What is Amadiro gleefully planning to do?
3. What does Baley think might be the reason Gladia slept with him?
4. Why does Gremionis keep his distance from Baley?
5. What does Baley observe on Aurora that resemble things on Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the threat Gremionis makes when he and Baley meet at his house.
2. How does Vasilia feel about classifying Jander's destruction as murder.
3. Why does Baley think his limited understanding of Auroran manners hinders him in his work?
4. What does Vasilia have to say about Fastolfe's fascination with Baley and Gladia?
5. How does Baley find the character of Amadiro?
6. Describe the ride in the airfoil back to Fastolfe's house.
7. What would be the outcome if Fastolfe ordered Daneel not to consider him guilty of Jander's destruction?
8. How does Amadiro stall for time with Baley until the storm hits?
9. Explain what happens when Baley is alone with Gladia in her house.
10. Explain how Baley gets in to see Kenden Amadiro, head of the RIA.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, Children Raised by the State. On Aurora, children are taken at birth and raised in a government run institution. This is similar to socialistic experiments that have been tried on Earth. Give your opinion as to how children most likely would turn out without the benefit of family.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, If I Lived on Aurora. Discuss the things you would like about Auroran convenience and culture. Then discuss the things that you would find disagreeable about Auroran lifestyle.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, A Comparison of the Three Worlds in THE ROBOTS OF DAWN. The comparison must center around the similarities and differences among Earth, Solaria, and Aurora.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)