|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baley theorize about future robotic family groups?
2. What does Giskard think about Fastolfe?
3. What does Amadiro think about the Auroran society?
4. How does Amadiro describe the founders of Aurora?
5. What is Gremionis's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ride in the airfoil back to Fastolfe's house.
2. How does the conversation between Baley and Gremionis end?
3. What is Amadiro's goal for creating humaniform robots in the RIA?
4. Why does Giskard interrupt while Baley is asking Daneel about the role of the Chairman in Auroran government?
5. Explain what happens when Baley is alone with Gladia in her house.
6. Why does Baley think his limited understanding of Auroran manners hinders him in his work?
7. What would be the outcome if Fastolfe ordered Daneel not to consider him guilty of Jander's destruction?
8. What does Vasilia have to say about Fastolfe's fascination with Baley and Gladia?
9. How does Baley argue that Daneel might be able to control other robots?
10. How does Vasilia describe her upbringing in Fastolfe's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, Why Science Fiction is a Popular Genre. Include in your essay (1) the volume of science fiction books available in libraries and bookstores, (2) the success of TV shows and films in the science fiction genre, and (3) the escapism involved in reading science fiction.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, The Pros and Cons of Population Control. In the novel, Earth has become overcrowded with everyone living in domed cities. On Aurora, the population is carefully controlled to prevent overcrowding and keep down costs of supporting a large population. Analyze both sides presenting the good and the bad within each approach.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, Baley as an Antihero. Describe his (1) insecurity at being able to live up to the drama about him, (2) his agoraphobia, and (3) his tendencies to panic in certain situations.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)