|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the case of dismantling R. Jander Panell, what term is finally applied?
2. What does Fastolfe deny to Baley?
3. What is Baley's clinical problem?
4. What is Gladia's distinction in the house where Jander died?
5. How does the Spaceport appear to Bentley as he sees his father off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Vasilia and her sister, Lumen, differ politically from their father?
2. What are the reasons Auroran Globalists reject Earth people as having any part in Galactic Expansion?
3. When Baley panics while using the device to view space from his cabin, what is unusual about the way he is rescued?
4. Explain why Baley is both unfamiliar with and panicked by a storm.
5. Define what Baley thinks will be difficult for him back on Earth.
6. What is the connection between Gladia and the house where Jander died?
7. How does Baley have to deal with Daneel in conversation?
8. How does Gladia shock Baley when she tells him about her life on Aurora?
9. Describe the impact on the weather as Baley goes about trying to prove Fastolfe's innocence.
10. How, apparently, was the humaniform robot, R. Jander Panell, killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, Phobias in THE ROBOTS OF DAWN. This two part essay expresses your understanding and evaluation of germ phobia and agoraphobia. Include how phobias lead to obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, Asimov as a Writer, Scientist, and a Member of MENSA. Use the library and the internet to gather facts about Asimov's life and career.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the subject, The Power of the Drama. Using the example of the drama about Baley as a springboard, explain in your essay how people can be swayed by what they see in dramatic form. You might want to research a little about how Hollywood helped keep the spirits of the American people up during WWII.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)