|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baley say he is trying to find out about Vasilia?
(a) If she is an accomplice to Jander's murder.
(b) If she had a relationship with Janer.
(c) If she knows who killed Jander.
(d) If she is attracted to him.
2. For whose sake does Baley appeal to Vasilia to help him?
(a) For the sake of her affection for Jander.
(b) For the sake of all her father had done for her.
(c) For the sake of Giskard.
(d) For the sake of Gladia.
3. What does Vasilia think of Earth sentiments?
(a) She covets them.
(b) She scorns them.
(c) She knows nothing about them.
(d) She wants to study them.
4. Why does Daneel praise Giskard when they are in the airfoil?
(a) Because of his night vision.
(b) Because of his ability to turn off his senses.
(c) Because of his piloting skills.
(d) Because of his ability to calm Baley.
5. What is Baley warned about during his trimensic call?
(a) The police force of Aurora.
(b) The slander laws of Aurora.
(c) The danger of listening devices.
(d) The difficulty of getting past robots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Baley and Gladia?
2. What does Vasilia say she meant to Fastolfe?
3. What idea does Vasilia question?
4. In discussing Gladia and her marriage to Jander, how does Amadiro show that he knows about the relationship?
5. Baley vaguely aware of what as he regains consciousness after being caught in the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Baley think his limited understanding of Auroran manners hinders him in his work?
2. What is Amadiro's goal for creating humaniform robots in the RIA?
3. Explain the threat Gremionis makes when he and Baley meet at his house.
4. How does Amadiro stall for time with Baley until the storm hits?
5. After leaving the airfoil in the storm, what are the circumstances when Baley regains consciousness?
6. Explain what happens when Baley is alone with Gladia in her house.
7. How does Vasilia feel about classifying Jander's destruction as murder.
8. How does Baley find the character of Amadiro?
9. Why does Giskard interrupt while Baley is asking Daneel about the role of the Chairman in Auroran government?
10. What is the meeting with the Chairman supposed to be about?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)