|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amadiro classify Baley?
(a) As a waste of his time.
(b) As a fish out of water.
(c) As an uninfluential Earth person.
(d) As a bumbling fool.
2. Who finally convinces Daneel that he must flee?
(a) Fastolfe, by telepathy.
(b) Gremionis, who comes to rescue them.
3. Under what condition does Fastolfe agree to join the RIA?
(a) That robots be accompanied by people in colonization.
(b) That Earth be free to colonize without fear of retaliation.
(c) That Earth be invited to join the confederation.
(d) That robots be limited to gathering data.
4. What gives Baley the idea that something is up involving a third person?
(a) Gremionis's fear of retribution.
(b) Giskard's refusal to speak.
(c) Daneel's assurance that everything is fine.
(d) Vasilia's nervousness.
5. What fact causes Baley to doubt his ability to do detective work on Aurora?
(a) He has no legal authority there.
(b) He is limited by time.
(c) He understands so little of the culture.
(d) He does not understand their language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vasilia threaten to do against Fastolfe?
2. To what does Baley compare Gremionis's behavior?
3. What is it Baley wishes he could remember?
4. What does Vasilia think Fastolfe is studying in regard to Gladia?
5. How does Daneel describe his and Baley's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the threat Gremionis makes when he and Baley meet at his house.
2. What does Fastolfe think about his daughter's assessment of himself?
3. Why does Giskard interrupt while Baley is asking Daneel about the role of the Chairman in Auroran government?
4. Why does Baley think his limited understanding of Auroran manners hinders him in his work?
5. After leaving the airfoil in the storm, what are the circumstances when Baley regains consciousness?
6. Explain how Baley's meeting Gremionis in the Personal breaks an Earth taboo.
7. What does Baley theorize about Amadiro's involvement in Jander's demise?
8. How does the conversation between Baley and Gremionis end?
9. How does Vasilia feel about classifying Jander's destruction as murder.
10. What does Vasilia have to say about Fastolfe's fascination with Baley and Gladia?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)