|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baley think might be the reason Gladia slept with him?
(a) To see if he remembers Solaria.
(b) An attempt to find out what he knows.
(c) Loneliness for Jander.
(d) Pity for a poor Earthman.
2. Why does Daneel praise Giskard when they are in the airfoil?
(a) Because of his piloting skills.
(b) Because of his ability to calm Baley.
(c) Because of his ability to turn off his senses.
(d) Because of his night vision.
3. What do the robots know about Gremionis?
(a) His educational background.
(b) His criminal record.
(c) His entire history.
4. For the third time, what happens in Baley's mind?
(a) He falls asleep in Gladia's arms.
(b) He gets beaten up.
(c) He goes Outside in the airfoil.
(d) He almost remembers something important.
5. How does Daneel describe his and Baley's relationship?
(a) Partners and friends.
(b) Casual and brief.
(c) Soul mates.
(d) Master and slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gladia think no one really cares about Jander?
2. The morning after the storm, what suggestive remark does Daneel make to Baley?
3. From Gremionis's house, who does Baley call?
4. What does Baley promise Gremionis he will try?
5. How does Amadiro classify Baley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when Baley is alone with Gladia in her house.
2. What is Amadiro's goal for creating humaniform robots in the RIA?
3. Explain how Baley's meeting Gremionis in the Personal breaks an Earth taboo.
4. What is the meeting with the Chairman supposed to be about?
5. Why does Baley think his limited understanding of Auroran manners hinders him in his work?
6. Explain the threat Gremionis makes when he and Baley meet at his house.
7. What confirms Baley's idea that Daneel is the one in danger?
8. Explain how Baley gets in to see Kenden Amadiro, head of the RIA.
9. After leaving the airfoil in the storm, what are the circumstances when Baley regains consciousness?
10. What does Baley theorize about Amadiro's involvement in Jander's demise?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)