|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vasilia think Fastolfe is doing with Gladia and Baley?
(a) Helping them find hapiness.
(b) Using them for experimentation.
(c) Throwing up a smoke screen.
(d) Getting them to spy for them.
2. What is the main agenda at the meeting with the Chairman?
(a) How more humaniform robots can be built.
(b) Who killed Jander.
(c) Who should explore and settle the Galaxy.
(d) Why Jander was put out of commission.
3. What are the moral standards now back on Earth?
(a) Earth is in a puritan phase.
(b) Earth has lost all morality.
(c) Earth is entering a free-love stage.
(d) Earth is reliving the hippie stage.
4. In discussing Gladia and her marriage to Jander, how does Amadiro show that he knows about the relationship?
(a) Amadiro had unguardedly used the word husband.
(b) Amadiro is not surprised when Baley tells him.
(c) Amadiro describes them as a couple.
(d) Amadiro talks about Jander's marriage.
5. What is it Baley wishes he could remember?
(a) Something he saw in Gladia's arms.
(b) Something his wife told him on Earth.
(c) Something he heard at the RIA.
(d) Something he used to know about Fastolfe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Daneel disagree with Vasilia's perception of Fastolfe?
2. For the third time, what happens in Baley's mind?
3. How does Daneel describe his and Baley's relationship?
4. The morning after the storm, what suggestive remark does Daneel make to Baley?
5. Why does Baley say the RIA needs Daneel, the only living humaniform robot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meeting with the Chairman supposed to be about?
2. Explain how Baley's meeting Gremionis in the Personal breaks an Earth taboo.
3. Explain what happens when Baley is alone with Gladia in her house.
4. What confirms Baley's idea that Daneel is the one in danger?
5. Why is the consideration of sins of commission and omission irrelevant to robots?
6. What does Baley theorize about Amadiro's involvement in Jander's demise?
7. Explain how Baley gets in to see Kenden Amadiro, head of the RIA.
8. How does the conversation between Baley and Gremionis end?
9. Why does Baley think his limited understanding of Auroran manners hinders him in his work?
10. What does Fastolfe think about his daughter's assessment of himself?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)