|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baley figure out about Amadiro's stalling tactics?
(a) That Fastolfe is in immediate danger.
(b) That Amadiro is recording the meeting.
(c) That robots do not work well during storms.
(d) That Daneel, not he, is the target.
2. What idea does Vasilia question?
(a) Putting a robot out of commission is murder.
(b) Reprogramming a robot is a crime.
(c) Baley knows what he's talking about.
(d) Robots are recreating themselves.
3. What gives Baley the idea that something is up involving a third person?
(a) Vasilia's nervousness.
(b) Daneel's assurance that everything is fine.
(c) Gremionis's fear of retribution.
(d) Giskard's refusal to speak.
4. What causes Baley to overcome his fear of being out in the storm?
(a) A post-hypnotic suggestion.
(b) Allowing Daneel to leave without him.
(c) Thinking about Gladia.
(d) Shame of appearing weak before the robots.
5. How does Amadiro classify Baley?
(a) As a bumbling fool.
(b) As a fish out of water.
(c) As an uninfluential Earth person.
(d) As a waste of his time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giskard claim he has when Baley asks Daneel a political question?
2. When Baley first enters the house of Gremionis, what does he mention?
3. What does Vasilia say she meant to Fastolfe?
4. Who does Baley meet in the Communal Personal?
5. What is Baley warned about during his trimensic call?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the threat Gremionis makes when he and Baley meet at his house.
2. What does Baley theorize about Amadiro's involvement in Jander's demise?
3. Explain what happens when Baley is alone with Gladia in her house.
4. How does Baley argue that Daneel might be able to control other robots?
5. How does the conversation between Baley and Gremionis end?
6. Why does Baley think his limited understanding of Auroran manners hinders him in his work?
7. How does Vasilia describe her upbringing in Fastolfe's house?
8. Explain how Baley's meeting Gremionis in the Personal breaks an Earth taboo.
9. Why is the consideration of sins of commission and omission irrelevant to robots?
10. What is Amadiro's goal for creating humaniform robots in the RIA?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)