|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of Fastolfe's throwing the spicer at Baley?
(a) A demonstration to show Baley how he is protected.
(b) To see how Baley would react.
(c) To show Baley how he must be on guard.
(d) To see if Daneel and Gaskard were programmed right.
2. What frustration does Baley encounter as they near Aurora?
(a) He is held up going through customs.
(b) He is locked in his cabin.
(c) He is denied admission to the bridge.
(d) He begins to feel ill.
3. What does Baley fail to get when questioning robots about Jander?
(a) Any response at all.
(b) Any hint of jealousy.
(c) Any fear about talking.
(d) Any useful information.
4. Who is the only surviving humaniform robot?
5. What does Giskard have that assures Daneel he has not been substituted?
(a) A failsafe destruct mechanism.
(b) A voice print.
(c) Daneel is always with him.
(d) An infrared identification plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baley realize he would be willing to do?
2. Whose existence may also be in danger since the dismantling of Jander?
3. What is Gladia's distinction in the house where Jander died?
4. How does Asimov get across the poor conditions back on Earth?
5. What happens to Baley as he observes the ship's descent to Aurora?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daneel allow Baley to give him a hug which has no meaning to a robot?
2. How does the reunion of Baley and Fastolfe add to the suspense of the story?
3. What is the connection between Gladia and the house where Jander died?
4. Even though Jander was in someone else's possession at the time of his death, why is Fastolfe a prime suspect?
5. What is the odd thing about the Aurorans dislike for Earth?
6. How has Baley become famous throughout the Spacer universe?
7. Why does Daneel think it necessary to stay near Baley other than to guard him?
8. How does Gladia shock Baley when she tells him about her life on Aurora?
9. In what way is Daneel unique?
10. What are the reasons Auroran Globalists reject Earth people as having any part in Galactic Expansion?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)