|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fastole accused of what by refusing to create more humaniform robots?
(d) Intellectual greed.
2. Whose idea is it to colonize new planets with people from Earth?
(b) Dr. Carver's.
(c) the Federation's.
3. What irksome observation of Vasilia bothers Baley at their meeting?
(a) She says that he isn't bright enough to solve the crime.
(b) She says that he is much older than she thought.
(c) She says he does not resemble the actor in the drama.
(d) She says he looks like a humaniform robot.
4. What does Baley realize he would be willing to do?
(a) Kill Giskard if he harms Daneel.
(b) Resign and return to Earth.
(c) Like Giskard more than he likes Daneel.
(d) Die defending Daneel.
5. What amazes Baley as his investigation gets underway?
(a) How clear the sunlight is on Aurora.
(b) How Daneel and Gaskard leave him alone.
(c) How well he copes with his agoraphobia.
(d) How helpful the Aurorans are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vasilia work?
2. What was the surprising relationship between Gladia and Jander?
3. What is necessary for conversation to conform to the humaniform mindset?
4. Although there is no perceived threat, what does Daneel think best?
5. What is Gladia's origin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances of Baley's former relationship to Gladia.
2. What is the nature of the case Baley is called upon to solve on planet Aurora?
3. Explain why Gladia rejects Baley's theory that Gremionis destroyed Jander out of jealousy.
4. What are the reasons Auroran Globalists reject Earth people as having any part in Galactic Expansion?
5. Explain why Baley is both unfamiliar with and panicked by a storm.
6. Aside from assisting Baley, why is Daneel sent on this mission to bring the detective to Aurora?
7. Even though Jander was in someone else's possession at the time of his death, why is Fastolfe a prime suspect?
8. Define what Baley thinks will be difficult for him back on Earth.
9. Explain the Personal.
10. When Baley panics while using the device to view space from his cabin, what is unusual about the way he is rescued?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)