|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladia admit about her brief encounter with Baley three years ago?
(a) Her marriage was a sham.
(b) She became curious about Earth men.
(c) She regretted what happened between them.
(d) He had been the only man to touch her except her late husband.
2. What is Gladia's origin?
3. How does the Spaceport appear to Bentley as he sees his father off?
(a) It is desolate and largely limited to commercial traffic.
(b) It looks new but it is a hundred years old.
(c) It is small and far too busy.
(d) It is shiny and exciting.
4. In the case of dismantling R. Jander Panell, what term is finally applied?
(d) Andriod murder.
5. What does Baley suspect Fastolfe may have ordered Daneel to do?
(a) To ignore questions about Jander.
(b) To deny Jander was given to Gladia.
(c) To report everything Baley says.
(d) To lie about lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vocation of Gladia's brings her together with Jander?
2. Why does Gladia say she moved to Aurora?
3. Who reacts quickly to rescue Baley from a situation during the ship's descent?
4. Fastole accused of what by refusing to create more humaniform robots?
5. Where was the site of Baley's last mission away from earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Daneel unique?
2. What indicates how life-like the humaniform robots are?
3. How does what appears to be an important piece of information escape Baley before he falls into a troubled sleep at Fastolfe's house?
4. Why does Daneel allow Baley to give him a hug which has no meaning to a robot?
5. What are the reasons Auroran Globalists reject Earth people as having any part in Galactic Expansion?
6. Explain why Baley is both unfamiliar with and panicked by a storm.
7. What are Earth cities like at the time of the novel?
8. Explain why Gladia rejects Baley's theory that Gremionis destroyed Jander out of jealousy.
9. How has Baley become famous throughout the Spacer universe?
10. What is the connection between Gladia and the house where Jander died?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)