|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social convention of the Aurorans takes some getting used to for Baley?
(a) The use of leisure time.
(b) The behavior toward humaniform robots.
(c) The complex dining ceremonies.
(d) The social caste system.
2. What role do Daneel and Giskard play in relationship to Baley?
(a) They are to spy on Baley.
(b) They are to persuade Baley to return to Earth.
(c) They are to show Baley the sights of Aurora.
(d) They are to guard Baley against possible danger.
3. Because modern robots weigh matters qualitatively, what does Fastolfe say is prevented?
4. What line of Baley's questioning does Gladia resent?
(a) About the details of her intimacy with Jander.
(b) About men who have offered themselves to her.
(c) About any other women Jander may have serviced.
(d) About her feelings for Fastolfe.
5. What is Fastolfe's explanation for Jander's demise?
(a) A malfunction of Jander's circuitry.
(b) An extremely rare spontaneous event.
(c) A fanatic humaniform hater.
(d) A rare electrical surge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Spaceport appear to Bentley as he sees his father off?
2. What is a noticeable prejudice among a majority of Earth people?
3. What does Fastolfe deny to Baley?
4. What does Baley ask Gladia to allow him to do?
5. What haunts Baley throughout the entire novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Jander was in someone else's possession at the time of his death, why is Fastolfe a prime suspect?
2. How does what appears to be an important piece of information escape Baley before he falls into a troubled sleep at Fastolfe's house?
3. What is the odd thing about the Aurorans dislike for Earth?
4. Aside from assisting Baley, why is Daneel sent on this mission to bring the detective to Aurora?
5. Why does Daneel allow Baley to give him a hug which has no meaning to a robot?
6. What are Earth cities like at the time of the novel?
7. How does Gladia shock Baley when she tells him about her life on Aurora?
8. How has Baley become famous throughout the Spacer universe?
9. How do Vasilia and her sister, Lumen, differ politically from their father?
10. What is the connection between Gladia and the house where Jander died?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)