|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Baley prove about Fastolfe according to Demacheck?
(a) That he is the one who murdered the humaniform robot.
(b) That he masterminds the murder of humaniform robots.
(c) That he secretly hates all humaniform robots.
(d) That he is innocent of murdering a humaniform robot.
2. What brings Baley out of a deep sleep?
(a) Daneel shaking him gently.
(b) Wake up drugs.
(c) Auroran chimes.
(d) A knocking on his door.
3. What is a major difference between Aurorans and Earth people?
(b) Longevity of life.
(c) Levels of robotics.
4. Where does Vasilia work?
(a) Globalist Conference headquarters.
(b) Auroran Space Agency.
(c) Humaniform Development Agency.
(d) Robotics Institute of Aurora (RIA).
5. What amazes Baley as his investigation gets underway?
(a) How well he copes with his agoraphobia.
(b) How clear the sunlight is on Aurora.
(c) How Daneel and Gaskard leave him alone.
(d) How helpful the Aurorans are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had brought Baley and Fastolfe together three years earlier?
2. What appears to offend Giskard?
3. How does Asimov get across the poor conditions back on Earth?
4. What convenience is Baley said to have become a master at utilizing?
5. What amenity is used to test Baley's ability to function on Aurora?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Baley is both unfamiliar with and panicked by a storm.
2. How is Elijah Baley introduced in the novel?
3. Describe the circumstances of Baley's former relationship to Gladia.
4. What are Earth cities like at the time of the novel?
5. How does Daneel explain that another robot could be substituted for Giskard without anyone knowing?
6. How does the reunion of Baley and Fastolfe add to the suspense of the story?
7. How does Baley have to deal with Daneel in conversation?
8. In what way is Daneel unique?
9. When Baley panics while using the device to view space from his cabin, what is unusual about the way he is rescued?
10. How is Fastolfe preventing the robot-only expansion of the galaxy?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)