|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Baley and Gladia?
(a) They go to bed together.
(b) They have an argument.
(c) They cannot sleep.
(d) They go to separate rooms.
2. What is Gremionis's job?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a roboticist.
(c) He is a psychologist.
(d) He is a linguist.
3. Why does Daneel praise Giskard when they are in the airfoil?
(a) Because of his night vision.
(b) Because of his ability to turn off his senses.
(c) Because of his ability to calm Baley.
(d) Because of his piloting skills.
4. For the third time, what happens in Baley's mind?
(a) He falls asleep in Gladia's arms.
(b) He almost remembers something important.
(c) He gets beaten up.
(d) He goes Outside in the airfoil.
5. What fact causes Baley to doubt his ability to do detective work on Aurora?
(a) He does not understand their language.
(b) He understands so little of the culture.
(c) He is limited by time.
(d) He has no legal authority there.
6. What does Giskard think about Fastolfe?
(a) He is innocent.
(b) He is protecting Vasilia.
(c) He is not clever enough to be the murderer.
(d) He is the murderer.
7. What does Baley say he is trying to find out about Vasilia?
(a) If she knows who killed Jander.
(b) If she is an accomplice to Jander's murder.
(c) If she had a relationship with Janer.
(d) If she is attracted to him.
8. Who wants to have a relationship with Gladia?
9. What does Giskard claim he has when Baley asks Daneel a political question?
(a) An order not to talk about politics.
(b) A friend who knows all about Auroran politics.
(c) More knowledge of Auroran politics.
(d) Books on Auroran politics.
10. What causes Amadiro to change his behavior while Baley is in his office?
(a) The rumble of thunder.
(b) The sounds of a riot.
(c) A fire alarm.
(d) A call from Vasilia.
11. How does Amadiro classify Baley?
(a) As a fish out of water.
(b) As a waste of his time.
(c) As a bumbling fool.
(d) As an uninfluential Earth person.
12. How does Baley introduce his theory about Amadiro?
(a) He says that Amadiro masterminded the tampering with his airfoil.
(b) He says that Amadiro has the most to gain by Jander's death.
(c) He sas that Amadiro was limited by the three laws.
(d) He says that Amadiro is in league with Vasilia.
13. What gives Baley the idea that something is up involving a third person?
(a) Giskard's refusal to speak.
(b) Vasilia's nervousness.
(c) Gremionis's fear of retribution.
(d) Daneel's assurance that everything is fine.
14. What is the only good thing Gladia mentions about Solaria, her home planet?
(a) Lots of space.
(b) Great theater.
(c) Job opportunities.
(d) Walks in nature.
15. Aside from being addressed in the Personal, what other occurrence disturbs Baley?
(a) He doesn't know how to wash up.
(b) A public announcement comes over the intercom.
(c) He cannot unlock the door.
(d) A woman enters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the moral standards now back on Earth?
2. What is Baley warned about during his trimensic call?
3. Who does Baley meet in the Communal Personal?
4. What is the main agenda at the meeting with the Chairman?
5. What does Vasilia say she meant to Fastolfe?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)