|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baley think about while using the Personal?
(a) How hard it will be to readjust to Earth.
(b) How he could never get used to this.
(c) How he cannot recall his dreams.
(d) How he can confront Fastolfe again.
2. What is a noticeable prejudice among a majority of Earth people?
(a) The use of robots.
(b) Working on the Outside.
(c) Travel to Space.
(d) Humanoid robotics.
3. From where does the fantasy of Vasilia and Giskard come?
(a) A fantasy brought from Earth.
(b) A myth about a robot who becomes human.
(c) A popular opera on Aurora.
(d) A book out of the Bible.
4. What was the purpose of Fastolfe's throwing the spicer at Baley?
(a) To see if Daneel and Gaskard were programmed right.
(b) A demonstration to show Baley how he is protected.
(c) To show Baley how he must be on guard.
(d) To see how Baley would react.
5. What line of Baley's questioning does Gladia resent?
(a) About the details of her intimacy with Jander.
(b) About any other women Jander may have serviced.
(c) About her feelings for Fastolfe.
(d) About men who have offered themselves to her.
6. What does Daneel foresee will be a problem for Baley?
(a) His ignorance of common social customs.
(b) His Earth clothes.
(c) His reputation for drama.
(d) His inability to think logically.
7. What does Vasilia insist RIA will do?
(a) Clone Fastolfe's robots.
(b) Finally coerce Fastolfe into cooperation.
(c) Inevitably duplicate Fastolfe's achievement.
(d) Ultimately surpass Fastolfe's achievement.
8. What/who is the murder victim in the mystery Baley is called to solve?
(a) A humaniform robot.
(b) A scientist who builds robots.
(c) A member of the Auroran legislature.
(d) A well-known entertainer.
9. Who brings Baley the astrosimulator of his own volition?
(a) The ship's captain.
10. What does Baley ask Gladia to allow him to do?
(a) Move Jander's body.
(b) Take photographs of Jander's body.
(c) Examine Jander's body.
(d) Take samples from Jander's body.
11. What phobia do the Aurorans have that causes them to avoid people from Earth?
(a) Fear of potential war.
(b) Fear of Earth-human agression.
(c) Fear of racial contamination.
(d) Fear of Earth-human germs.
12. What is Baley's trademark expletive?
(b) Leaping lizards!
(d) Heavens above!
13. What is Baley's clinical problem?
(a) Acute sleep apnea.
(b) Acute agoraphobia.
(c) Acute acrophobia.
(d) Acute arachnidophobia.
14. What does Fastolfe deny to Baley?
(a) That he was on the planet when Jander died.
(b) That he knows who killed Jander.
(c) That he intends to ruin his career.
(d) That he is the one who sent for Baley.
15. What are Auroran robots able to handle better than Earth robots?
(a) Personal service to humans.
(b) Complex situations.
(c) The Three Laws of Robotics.
(d) Piloting spacecraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Baley cannot get Daneel to do?
2. What amenity is used to test Baley's ability to function on Aurora?
3. Because of his nervousness, what event does Baley barely notice on board the Auroran spaceship?
4. What brings Baley out of a deep sleep?
5. In finding out about Vasilia, what is shocking to Baley?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)