|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Baley prove about Fastolfe according to Demacheck?
(a) That he is innocent of murdering a humaniform robot.
(b) That he masterminds the murder of humaniform robots.
(c) That he is the one who murdered the humaniform robot.
(d) That he secretly hates all humaniform robots.
2. Like the Personal, what irritates Baley about Fastolfe's home?
(a) The illusory effects.
(b) The unusual lighting.
(c) The casualness.
(d) The strangeness.
3. Because modern robots weigh matters qualitatively, what does Fastolfe say is prevented?
4. What does Vasilia do when Baley asks if the Jander scandal is being used to manipulate Fastolfe?
(a) Change the subject.
(b) Get up and walk out.
(c) Turn white.
(d) Laugh in his face.
5. What bluff does Baley attempt to pull on Fastolfe?
(a) That he knows who killed Jander.
(b) That Daneel told him why Jander was killed.
(c) That he may have found the key to an answer.
(d) That Gladia confessed to killing Jander.
6. What is a major difference between Aurorans and Earth people?
(a) Longevity of life.
(b) Levels of robotics.
7. What was the purpose of Fastolfe's throwing the spicer at Baley?
(a) To show Baley how he must be on guard.
(b) A demonstration to show Baley how he is protected.
(c) To see how Baley would react.
(d) To see if Daneel and Gaskard were programmed right.
8. What thought panics Baley as he thinks about Giskard?
(a) That he is not recording all the conversations.
(b) That another robot could be exchanged for him.
(c) That he might misdirect him into danger.
(d) That he might have killed Jander.
9. From where are the origins of all life on Aurora?
(a) Colonization from Mars.
(b) The despised planet Earth.
(c) Evolution on Aurora.
(d) The parallel universe.
10. What do both Gladia and Fastolfe agree is impossible for a human to do?
(a) Sneak in undetected by the robots.
(b) Kill a robot.
(c) Outwit a robot.
(d) Make any changes to a robot.
11. What is necessary for conversation to conform to the humaniform mindset?
(a) Speaking slowly.
(b) Speaking in algorithms.
(c) Allowing for long pauses to process information.
(d) A logical line of questioning.
12. Who reacts quickly to rescue Baley from a situation during the ship's descent?
13. What is the distinction of Aurora in Space?
(a) The first human-inhabited world outside the solar system.
(b) A world where there are more robots than humans.
(c) A colony populated only by geniuses.
(d) The largest non-Earth colony in Space.
14. What is Giskard's special name for Vasilia?
(a) Little Miss.
(d) Twinkle Toes.
15. What is Gladia's distinction in the house where Jander died?
(a) She is the gate keeper.
(b) She is the only human.
(c) She is the only robot.
(d) She is the administrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fastole accused of what by refusing to create more humaniform robots?
2. What was the surprising relationship between Gladia and Jander?
3. What physical feature of Fastolfe amuses Baley?
4. What had brought Baley and Fastolfe together three years earlier?
5. From where does the fantasy of Vasilia and Giskard come?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)