|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name given to the Globalists' plan for space colonization?
2. Why does Fastolfe refuse to sleep with Vasilia?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is not his type.
(c) She is under age.
(d) She is his daughter.
3. How is Baley transported to Aurora?
(a) In a time/space travel machine.
(b) In a comfortable Auroran spaceship.
(c) On a commercial freight ship.
(d) In a robot spaceship.
4. Who brings Baley the astrosimulator of his own volition?
(a) The ship's captain.
5. What must Baley prove about Fastolfe according to Demacheck?
(a) That he secretly hates all humaniform robots.
(b) That he masterminds the murder of humaniform robots.
(c) That he is innocent of murdering a humaniform robot.
(d) That he is the one who murdered the humaniform robot.
6. What appears to offend Giskard?
(a) Being compared to Daneel.
(b) Being ovelooked.
(c) Being called "boy."
(d) Being ordered to lie.
7. What bluff does Baley attempt to pull on Fastolfe?
(a) That Gladia confessed to killing Jander.
(b) That he may have found the key to an answer.
(c) That Daneel told him why Jander was killed.
(d) That he knows who killed Jander.
8. In finding out about Vasilia, what is shocking to Baley?
(a) Aurora disallows single parent families.
(b) Vasilia attempts to seduce Baley.
(c) Aurora has no concept of incest.
(d) Vasilia claims her father is a fraud.
9. Fastole accused of what by refusing to create more humaniform robots?
(c) Intellectual greed.
10. Who is the only surviving humaniform robot?
11. How does Vasilia agree to speak with Baley?
(a) For five minutes via trimensic channel.
(b) With Giskard in the room with them.
(c) With assurance he will not ask about her father.
(d) By astral telepathy.
12. What makes Earth humans likely candidates for future colonization according to Fastolfe?
(a) Their expendability.
(b) A crowded world and short life span.
(c) A history of exploration.
(d) A sense of adventure.
13. Who is trying to get around Fastolfe's refusal to create more humaniform robots?
(a) Robotics Think Tank.
(b) National Science Foundation.
(c) Robotics Institute.
(d) Auroran Space Institute.
14. Whose existence may also be in danger since the dismantling of Jander?
15. To where does Fastolfe say Earth humans have swept natural indigenous species?
(a) Into zoos.
(b) Into extinction.
(c) Into memory.
(d) Onto other planets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What haunts Baley throughout the entire novel?
2. Like the Personal, what irritates Baley about Fastolfe's home?
3. What social convention of the Aurorans takes some getting used to for Baley?
4. How does Asimov get across the poor conditions back on Earth?
5. Besides being ordered not to talk about Vasilia's separation from her father, what else can Giskard not discuss?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)