|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Vasilia (Parts 36-39).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical feature of Fastolfe amuses Baley?
(a) Prominent ears.
(b) Cleft palate.
(c) Large nose.
(d) Bulging eyes.
2. What is necessary for conversation to conform to the humaniform mindset?
(a) A logical line of questioning.
(b) Allowing for long pauses to process information.
(c) Speaking slowly.
(d) Speaking in algorithms.
3. Why does Baley conclude that Gladia must have felt some shame about her relationship to Jander?
(a) Because it was dangerous for her.
(b) Because she kept it a secret.
(c) Because it was illegal.
(d) Because it was recreational instead of for procreation.
4. What is Baley's clinical problem?
(a) Acute acrophobia.
(b) Acute arachnidophobia.
(c) Acute sleep apnea.
(d) Acute agoraphobia.
5. What does Baley suspect Fastolfe may have ordered Daneel to do?
(a) To report everything Baley says.
(b) To ignore questions about Jander.
(c) To deny Jander was given to Gladia.
(d) To lie about lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amenity is used to test Baley's ability to function on Aurora?
2. How does Baley bluff Vascilia into answering his questions about Gremionis?
3. What does Baley realize he would be willing to do?
4. Besides being ordered not to talk about Vasilia's separation from her father, what else can Giskard not discuss?
5. What does Fastolfe suggest will doom humanity in the future?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)