|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Gladia (Parts 23-26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Fastolfe say Earth humans have swept natural indigenous species?
(a) Into zoos.
(b) Into memory.
(c) Onto other planets.
(d) Into extinction.
2. When Baley and Fastolfe meet again, what do they discuss?
(a) The need for better communication.
(b) The differences between them.
(c) Society's obsessions and the risks of this mission.
(d) Their respective families.
3. What is necessary for conversation to conform to the humaniform mindset?
(a) Speaking in algorithms.
(b) Allowing for long pauses to process information.
(c) Speaking slowly.
(d) A logical line of questioning.
4. What does Fastolfe suggest will doom humanity in the future?
(a) Not facing challenges.
(b) Becoming complacent.
(c) Allowing robots to take over.
(d) Creating more humaniform robots.
5. What frustration does Baley encounter as they near Aurora?
(a) He is denied admission to the bridge.
(b) He begins to feel ill.
(c) He is locked in his cabin.
(d) He is held up going through customs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social convention of the Aurorans takes some getting used to for Baley?
2. From where are the origins of all life on Aurora?
3. What/who is the murder victim in the mystery Baley is called to solve?
4. What strange thing does Baley do upon reuniting with Daneel?
5. What is the the astrosimulator?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)