Chapter 1, Elijah (Parts 1-5)
• Elijah Baley, a detective on Earth, has gained galactic notoriety because of a drama about his solving a murder on Solaria.
• Baley is preparing his son, Ben, and a group of Earth people to colonize another world.
• Baley is called to Aurora to solve another murder, this time of a humaniform robot.
• Baley at first fears it is his friend, Daneel, who was the murdered robot.
• Earth is overcrowded and dotted with Domed Cities, presumably because of a now hostile Outside environment.
• Baley is given little chance of success with the case because of prejudice against Earth humans who want to colonize the galaxy.
Chapter 2, Daneel (Parts 6-8)
• Right away Baley feels the antagonism of Aurorans to Earth people when he is locked in isolation on the Auroran ship to its home planet.
• Baley is relieved to be greeted by his old friend, R...
This section contains 1,967 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)