|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcellus offer to lend Tiberius in Chapter 20?
2. On the night Jesus is on trial, what does his disciple Simon do that makes him sick with remorse?
3. What does Marcellus purchase from Deborah on their way to Sepphoris?
4. What does Demetrius tell the emperor when asked what his favorite weapon is?
5. What happens to Pilate after the crucifixion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Miriam encourage Justus to tell Marcellus everything about Jesus?
2. Why does Paulus decide to let Demetrius go free in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Jesus refer to Bartholomew as Nathanael?
4. How does Simon, the big fisherman, come to know Demetrius?
5. Why is Celia, Quintus' wife, beside herself with anxiety and jealousy concerning Prince Gaius?
6. When Marcellus receives a letter from Demetrius who is in Jerusalem, what does Demetrius suggest Marcellus do once he arrives there?
7. How does Justus explain to Marcellus Jesus's idea of people giving things away without worrying about providing for their own dependents?
8. After Marcellus tells his father of his experiences concerning Jesus, what does the senator advise him to do about it with Tiberius?
9. When Justus tells Marcellus a story about a wealthy nobleman who followed Jesus around and wondered how he could get what Jesus has, what does the man discover he must do?
10. Why does Jonathan give up his donkey to Thomas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Marcellus's and Justus's views on the acts Jesus is known for doing: turning water into wine, giving Miriam the great gift of singing, Jonathan having his foot healed, Lydia being healed of a longstanding disease and Jesus having a storm obey his command to stop.
Essay Topic 2
"The most dangerous implement a man can use for the repair of a damaged relationship is an abject apology." Explain the meaning of this statement made by Marcus Gallio. Do you agree with this statement? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the manner in which Marcellus has come to change by the end of Chapter 7. What has brought about this change? What might Marcellus main emotion be in order to summarize his new frame of mind?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)