|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon tell his fellow Christians as the Roman soldiers take him away to jail and a most likely death?
(a) To keep holy the Sabbath.
(b) To continue with the daily suppers.
(c) That he will come back to them.
(d) That he forgives them all.
2. How does Demetrius discover that Paulus is the new legate of Capernaum?
(a) He reads about it.
(b) His cellmate tells him so.
(c) Marcellus has sent him word.
(d) He sees Paulus on the road.
3. What does Marcellus admit to Simon Peter when he meets with him where Jesus was crucified?
(a) He cannot believe any of the things he is told about Jesus.
(b) He dislikes Simon Peter immensely.
(c) He crucified Jesus.
(d) He tossed dice for Jesus's robe.
4. Who surprises Marcellus with a visit in Chapter 16?
5. What does Marcellus intend to do with all of the homespun goods he has and does not need?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Bring them to a temple.
(c) Distribute them to the poor.
(d) Give them to Miriam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Gallio household react to Marcellus's return from Jerusalem in Chapter 20?
2. Why does Stephanos recognize Marcellus the moment he first sees him?
3. What happens when Stephanos speaks to a crowd of priests and well-dressed men from the business district?
4. How does Marcellus answer when Miriam asks him what he is really doing in Galilee?
5. What does Demetrius think of the ten commandments?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it that Marcipor does not want to let Marcellus know about his turn to Christianity at this point?
2. How does Simon, the big fisherman, come to know Demetrius?
3. How does Justus explain to Marcellus Jesus's idea of people giving things away without worrying about providing for their own dependents?
4. What part of Justus's personality does Marcellus see in Cana that he has not noticed before?
5. Why does Jonathan give up his donkey to Thomas?
6. Why is Celia, Quintus' wife, beside herself with anxiety and jealousy concerning Prince Gaius?
7. What incident results in Demetrius having to run away and leave Marcellus?
8. When Marcellus asks Demetrius about his experiences with Christians in Jerusalem in Chapter 19, why does he seem to arguing with him and interrogating him?
9. When Marcellus receives a letter from Demetrius who is in Jerusalem, what does Demetrius suggest Marcellus do once he arrives there?
10. Why does Paulus decide to let Demetrius go free in Chapter 18?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)