|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the group Simon called together for a daily supper been doing?
(a) Quarreling amongst themselve.
(b) Electing officials.
(c) Writing doctrines.
(d) Deciding how to oppose the Romans.
2. What does Jesse sell to the Centurian named Hortensius?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A scroll.
(c) Two saddlebags.
(d) Four camels.
3. How is the woman, Lydia, trying to get to Jesus in the crowd, cured of her illness?
(a) She begs Jesus to lay his hand on her.
(b) She touches Jesus's robe.
(c) She merely looks in Jesus's eyes.
(d) Jesus prays for her to heal.
4. When Jesus calls to say hello to Bartholomew in Capernaum, what name does he call him by?
5. What does Demetrius reveal about himself to Paulus, the new commander at Capernaum?
(a) He has run away from Marcellus.
(b) He is a Christian.
(c) He is in love with Miriam.
(d) He meant to kill the Syrian slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Justus worried about Jonathan getting praise from the townspeople?
2. What happens to Pilate after the crucifixion?
3. What language are Demetrius and Marcello practicing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What does Demetrius tell the emperor when asked what his favorite weapon is?
5. What goes on at the house of Benyosef besides weaving and looming?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Justus tells Marcellus a story about a wealthy nobleman who followed Jesus around and wondered how he could get what Jesus has, what does the man discover he must do?
2. Why does Paulus tell Marcellus that he would be wise to leave for Joppa and make his way back to Rome?
3. What is making the master-slave relationship between Marcellus and Demetrius more and more difficult to sustain by Chapter 11?
4. When Justus tells Marcellus the story of Lydia touching Jesus's robe and being cured, why does Marcellus believe every word of it?
5. What makes Miriam encourage Justus to tell Marcellus everything about Jesus?
6. Why does Jonathan give up his donkey to Thomas?
7. Why is Celia, Quintus' wife, beside herself with anxiety and jealousy concerning Prince Gaius?
8. When Simon Peter and Marcellus meet on the grassy knoll, what wrongdoings do they admit to one another that they need to repent for?
9. What does Justus make of the Centurian Hortensius's insistence on purchasing Jesse's camel with bone spavin?
10. Why is it that Marcipor does not want to let Marcellus know about his turn to Christianity at this point?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)