|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Sanhedrin?
(a) Jerusalem's security force.
(b) The Greek army.
(c) A Jewish legislative body.
(d) A group of moneylenders.
2. What does Demetrius observe Theodoris doing when he walks on the grounds of the Eupolis family in Chapter 9?
(a) She is reading poetry on a bench.
(b) She is planning to meet someone near the temple.
(c) She is climbing a tree.
(d) She is shooting arrows at a target.
3. How old is Lucia?
4. Which author does Demetrius instigate a conversation about with Marcellus in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 4, who does Demetrius believe the crowd of Jews is hovering around and shouting at?
(a) He is a crazy man.
(b) He is something more important than a king.
(c) He is a beggar.
(d) He is a king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcellus wish he had done before leaving for his departing ship?
2. What does Demetrius bring to Benjamin when he visits him in Chapter 9?
3. What does Marcellus do to Demetrius when the slave hesitates to give his master the robe to try on?
4. Who is Diana?
5. What is Demetrius's emotion when he realizes his master is winning the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lucia so upset when Marcellus tells her that he laughed at Prince Gaius and his son at the previous night's banquet?
2. How does Marcellus come to own Jesus's robe?
3. What is Marcellus's condition when Demetrius returns home with him?
4. What is Demetrius's theory of why the Jews want the Romans to leave Jerusalem?
5. Why does the emperor become especially interested when Marcus asks him if he has ever heard of the messiah?
6. How does Marcellus find himself comparing Jesus to Plato?
7. In Chapter 1, Marcus asks Lucia why she is being so unusually considerate of the new twin slaves, Helen and Nesta. What is Lucia's response?
8. Why is Zeno's master, Popygos, upset that everyone in Jerusalem is mixed up with the case of the man from Nazareth?
9. Why does Demetrius feel that showing Marcellus the robe might bring him out of his depression?
10. When Theodosia asks Demetrius if the robe is haunted, how does he answer?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)