|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Demetrius shows Marcellus the Robe, how does Marcellus react?
(a) He throws the robe in the fire.
(b) He is happy the slave brought the robe along.
(c) He is so angry, he tells Demetrius he will sell him.
(d) He immediately tries the robe on.
2. According to Paulus, what does Pilate ask Jesus during his trial?
(a) Guilty or innocent?
(b) What punishment should I give you?
(c) Did you say you are a king?
(d) Did you incite a riot?
3. Where does Demetrius go after speaking with Zenos and his master, Polygos?
(b) The marketplace.
(c) Back to Minoa.
(d) The praetorium.
4. What happens to Sextus to put him out of commission?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He contracts a disease.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He becomes depressed.
5. What is Demetrius's state of mind as he approaches the crucifixion site?
(a) He is very low in spirit.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is happy to have made it there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diana's plan when she visits her grandfather, the emperor?
2. What information does Demetrius receive from Zenos?
3. What does Theodosia make of Marcellus no longer being in a state of great exaltation after touching the robe?
4. What gets Benjamin excited when Demetrius tells him about what happened to Jesus?
5. What does Demetrius give to Lucia before he leaves with Marcellus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pontius Pilate wash his hands in a basin in view of the civilian audience of Jewish merchants?
2. Why is Zeno's master, Popygos, upset that everyone in Jerusalem is mixed up with the case of the man from Nazareth?
3. Why is Marcellus's being sent to a post in Minoa considered to be a form of exile for him?
4. Why is Lucia so upset when Marcellus tells her that he laughed at Prince Gaius and his son at the previous night's banquet?
5. What does Demetrius tell Marcellus about his belief in the gods?
6. When Marcellus asks Paulus if he ever tries to make up one of his own gods, how does Paulus respond?
7. In Chapter 1, Marcus asks Lucia why she is being so unusually considerate of the new twin slaves, Helen and Nesta. What is Lucia's response?
8. When Marcellus tells Demetrius to give him the robe during the banquet at the Insula, why does Demetrius hesitate?
9. What is Demetrius's theory of why the Jews want the Romans to leave Jerusalem?
10. Why does Demetrius feel that showing Marcellus the robe might bring him out of his depression?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)