|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lucia?
2. What does Demetrius advise Marcellus to do once he arrives at Minoa?
(a) Scope it out and get a feel for it.
(b) Be agreeable and friendly.
(c) Take full command instantly.
(d) Ask each man for his opinion of the area.
3. What does Marcellus do at a banquet to offend Prince Gaius?
(a) He claims the food is rotten.
(b) He eats his food with the wrong utensils.
(c) He curses loudly.
(d) He laughs at Antonius and Gaius.
4. What does Demetrius show to Marcellus, hoping to cure his depression?
(a) His mother's ring.
(b) The robe.
(c) A drawing of Diana.
(d) A statue he has sculpted of Marcellus.
5. What makes Demetrius feel less lonely in Chapter 6?
(a) Knowing Marcellus respects him.
(b) Speaking with Melas.
(c) The robe.
(d) Seeing Jesus on the cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Demetrius realize that Pilate has given Jesus to the people to judge?
2. In Chapter 4, who does Demetrius believe the crowd of Jews is hovering around and shouting at?
3. What does Marcellus want Paulus to do after the fight?
4. What is Demetrius's emotion when he realizes his master is winning the fight?
5. How does Benjamin think the temple will feel if the messiah actually made an appearance on earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcellus at first suspect of his slave, Demetrius, when Marcellus and his father are speaking in private and then open the door to the atrium?
2. Why is Marcellus's being sent to a post in Minoa considered to be a form of exile for him?
3. Why is Zeno's master, Popygos, upset that everyone in Jerusalem is mixed up with the case of the man from Nazareth?
4. According to one report, when one witness testifies that Jesus professes to be a king, what is Pilate's reaction?
5. How does Marcellus come to own Jesus's robe?
6. Why does Pontius Pilate wash his hands in a basin in view of the civilian audience of Jewish merchants?
7. What makes Tiberius suddenly change his mind about giving Marcellus a job in Capri?
8. When Marcellus asks Paulus if he ever tries to make up one of his own gods, how does Paulus respond?
9. When Lucia tells her friend, Diana, that Demetrius gave her a ring before he left with Marcellus, how does Diana react?
10. How does Marcellus find himself comparing Jesus to Plato?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)