|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulus apologize to Marcellus about in Chapter 18?
(a) Not believing in Jesus's powers.
(b) Arresting his slave.
(c) Goading him to put on the robe at the banquet.
(d) Not inviting him to stay overnight.
2. What does Marcellus intend to do with all of the homespun goods he has and does not need?
(a) Bring them to a temple.
(b) Give them to Miriam.
(c) Distribute them to the poor.
(d) Throw them away.
3. How does Marcellus react to Justus's realization that he and Demetrius both know Benjamin?
(a) Marcellus glosses over it.
(b) Marcellus questions Justus about Demetrius's character.
(c) Marcellus admits he knows Demetrius.
(d) Marcellus asks about Demetrius and his whereabouts.
4. When Marcellus speaks of his irritation over mistreated animals, what subject does his traveling companion bring up in Chapter 12?
(c) Roman rule.
5. On their way to Cana, what surprise does Justus tell Marcellus he has for him there?
(a) A lame woman who sings beautifully.
(b) His grandson, Jonathan.
(c) A wonderful teller of tales.
6. With whom does Demetrius find work and a place to live in Jerusalem?
7. What does Miriam want Justus to tell Marcellus in Chapter 15?
(a) Everything about Jesus.
(b) They know he crucified Jesus.
(c) That there is no more to tell about Jesus.
(d) That Jesus did not give her her singing voice.
8. What does Jesse sell to the Centurian named Hortensius?
(a) Four camels.
(b) A scroll.
(c) Two saddlebags.
(d) A blanket.
9. What does Simon tell his fellow Christians as the Roman soldiers take him away to jail and a most likely death?
(a) To keep holy the Sabbath.
(b) To continue with the daily suppers.
(c) That he forgives them all.
(d) That he will come back to them.
10. Why does Bartholomew sit all day long watching the road?
(a) He sits and remembers things.
(b) In hopes that Jesus will visit him again.
(c) To watch the people pass.
(d) He is old and senile.
11. When Jesus calls to say hello to Bartholomew in Capernaum, what name does he call him by?
12. What does Jonathan reveal to Marcellus?
(a) Jesus straightened his foot.
(b) He has never had a donkey.
(c) He is also rich.
(d) Justus is his grandfather.
13. What is disturbing about Diana's scroll to Marcellus in Chapter 11?
(a) The seal has been broken and resealed.
(b) It is addressed to Demetrius.
(c) The scroll is very short.
(d) It is not in her handwriting.
14. Why does Marcellus tell Paulus that he will be going to Jerusalem in Chapter 18?
(a) He misses the area.
(b) The Christian leaders are there.
(c) He wants to turn himself in to Quintus.
(d) To see Jesus's tomb.
15. What does Demetrius tell Marcellus about his new religion?
(a) He is a Christian.
(b) He is a Greek Christian Orthodox.
(c) He is an Atheist.
(d) He is Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Demetrius respond to Lucia when she says it may not hurt the slaves to be happy this one time?
2. What favor did Demetrius do for Fulvius while traveling on the Vestis?
3. What does Marcellus admit to Simon Peter when he meets with him where Jesus was crucified?
4. Who is Dodinius?
5. How did Miriam obtain her freedom?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)