|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story concerning a man named Zacchaeus does Miriam tell Marcellus in Chapter 15?
(a) A story of redemption.
(b) A story of a broken man.
(c) A sad story of death.
(d) A story of how Zacchaeus plotted against Jesus.
2. What does Demetrius tell Marcellus about his new religion?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is an Atheist.
(c) He is a Christian.
(d) He is a Greek Christian Orthodox.
3. What does do Marcellus do with Jasper?
(a) Uses hiim to carry his load.
(b) Sends him to Miriam as a gift.
(c) Gives him to Jonathan.
(d) Sets him free.
4. How does the Gallio household react to Marcellus's return from Jerusalem in Chapter 20?
(a) Everyone is happy and laughing.
(b) All except Lucia are happy.
(c) Everyone is sad that Marcellus is a Christian.
(d) There is much fear for Marcellus's state of mind.
5. On the night Jesus is on trial, what does his disciple Simon do that makes him sick with remorse?
(a) He disbelieves in Jesus's miracles.
(b) He denies knowing Jesus.
(c) He does not fight off the Roman soldiers.
(d) He turns Jesus in to the authorities.
6. Why does Demetrius get into a brawl with a Syrian slave while he is in jail?
(a) The slave slaps him for speaking up.
(b) The slave does not give him water to quench his thirst.
(c) In order to attempt an escape.
(d) He does not like the looks of the slave.
7. What does Marcellus tell his father he intends to report to Tiberius concerning Jesus?
(a) If he touches Jesus's robe, he will live forever.
(b) Jesus intends to rule the world.
(c) Jesus's army of men is much stronger than his.
(d) That Jesus came alive after being dead.
8. What goes on at the house of Benyosef besides weaving and looming?
(a) It is a meeting place for the friends of Jesus.
(b) It is a jail for sinners.
(c) The Romans congregate in secret.
(d) Merchants sell their wares.
9. While on his journey in the small provinces with Justus, what does Marcellus carry in the bottom on his gunny bag?
(a) Many gold coins.
(b) The robe.
(c) A large dagger.
(d) A letter from Diana.
10. How does Marcellus react to seeing and hearing Miriam sing?
(a) He leaves before she sings.
(b) He stares at the crowd, not understanding their joy.
(c) He is brought to tears.
(d) He is bored.
11. With whom does Demetrius find work and a place to live in Jerusalem?
12. What does Paulus apologize to Marcellus about in Chapter 18?
(a) Not believing in Jesus's powers.
(b) Goading him to put on the robe at the banquet.
(c) Arresting his slave.
(d) Not inviting him to stay overnight.
13. What does Demetrius decide he must do after the incident with Quintus in Chapter XI?
(a) Give himself up.
(b) Marry Theodosia.
(c) Run away and hide.
(d) Hide in Benjamin's home.
14. What does Marcellus purchase from Deborah on their way to Sepphoris?
(b) A donkey.
(c) Two saddlebags.
(d) A brown robe.
15. How does Demetrius respond to Lucia when she says it may not hurt the slaves to be happy this one time?
(a) He tells her she has lost control of her house.
(b) He says he has forgotten he is a slave.
(c) He wonders who has a right to tell others when they may be happy.
(d) He thanks her for her generosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guides Marcellus into the provinces north of Jerusalem, ostensibly to purchase homespun?
2. How did Miriam obtain her freedom?
3. What favor did Demetrius do for Fulvius while traveling on the Vestis?
4. What does Demetrius think of the ten commandments?
5. What happens when Stephanos speaks to a crowd of priests and well-dressed men from the business district?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)