|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcellus want Paulus to do after the fight?
(a) Leave Gaza.
(b) Bow down to him.
(c) Write an apology to Rome.
(d) Apologize for his conduct.
2. Why is Zenos's master, Popygos, upset about the constant quarrels between the Romans and the Jews?
(a) It interferes with his business.
(b) Jesus may be hurt in the arguments.
(c) He does not like the animals in the temple.
(d) The Jews are not allowed to keep the sabbath.
3. What does Demetrius observe Theodoris doing when he walks on the grounds of the Eupolis family in Chapter 9?
(a) She is reading poetry on a bench.
(b) She is shooting arrows at a target.
(c) She is climbing a tree.
(d) She is planning to meet someone near the temple.
4. Which author does Demetrius instigate a conversation about with Marcellus in Chapter 8?
5. How does Demetrius perceive Jesus to be in Chapter 5?
6. What does Demetrius give to Lucia before he leaves with Marcellus?
(a) A letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A warning.
(d) A ring.
7. What are Marcellus's orders from Prince Gaius?
(a) To free the Jews in Palestine.
(b) To command the garrison at Minoa.
(c) To attack the troops at Gaza.
(d) To take charge of a prison in southern Palestine.
8. What does Marcellus wish he had done before leaving for his departing ship?
(a) Kissed Diana.
(b) Left Demetrius behind.
(c) Refused his orders to go.
(d) Written a will.
9. When Demetrius shows Marcellus the Robe, how does Marcellus react?
(a) He is happy the slave brought the robe along.
(b) He throws the robe in the fire.
(c) He immediately tries the robe on.
(d) He is so angry, he tells Demetrius he will sell him.
10. Where does Demetrius go after speaking with Zenos and his master, Polygos?
(a) The praetorium.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) Back to Minoa.
11. Why are still stains on the robe Marcellus brings to Benjamin to fix?
(a) Benjamin refuses to remove them.
(b) Marcellus orders Benjamin not to try to wash the robe.
(c) They will not come out.
(d) They are not stains; they are flaws in the fabric.
12. How does Paulus address Marcellus for the first time in Chapter 6?
(a) As "sir."
(b) As "Marcellus."
(c) As "commander."
(d) As "Mr. Gallios."
13. In Chapter 4, who does Demetrius believe the crowd of Jews is hovering around and shouting at?
(a) He is a beggar.
(b) He is something more important than a king.
(c) He is a king.
(d) He is a crazy man.
14. What does the newly purchased slave, Demetrius, do when he arrives at Lucia's home?
(a) Puts a dagger under his pillow.
(b) Dives into the pool.
(c) Tries to escape.
(d) Throws away his shackles.
15. What does Prince Gaius attempt to do to Lucia at the palace on Capri?
(a) He tries to attack her with a sword.
(b) He tries to make love to her.
(c) He insults her beauty.
(d) He makes an attempt at getting her to swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcellus do to Demetrius when the slave hesitates to give his master the robe to try on?
2. On the Roman caravan to Jerusalem, why is no one else traveling on the day the soldiers make their way along the highway running up from Hebron?
3. For what occasion does Paulus tell Marcellus that a company of men must be sent into Jerusalem?
4. Who is madly in love with Demetrius in Chapter II?
5. What does Marcellus do the morning after feeling cleansed by touching the robe?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)