|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the Roman caravan to Jerusalem, why is no one else traveling on the day the soldiers make their way along the highway running up from Hebron?
(a) It is the sabbath and Jews cannot travel.
(b) There is a desert storm brewing.
(c) People are afraid to walk near the soldiers.
(d) Everone else is already there.
2. Who is awakened from his bed to hear the case about Jesus?
3. What does Demetrius bring to Benjamin when he visits him in Chapter 9?
(a) Marcellus's daggers.
(b) A ring.
(d) The robe.
4. Why is Marcellus so welcome at the House of Eupolis in Athens?
(a) Marcellus has money.
(b) The innkeeper is afraid of the Tribune.
(c) It is Demetrius's family home.
(d) Marcellus's father had stayed there years ago.
5. What does Theodosia make of Marcellus no longer being in a state of great exaltation after touching the robe?
(a) She thinks Demetrius made it all up.
(b) She does not believe Marcellus was ever depressed.
(c) She believes he is hiding his emotions,
(d) She thinks Jesus is a magician.
6. How does Benjamin think the temple will feel if the messiah actually made an appearance on earth?
7. Why does Marcellus avoid talking with the Eupolis family?
(a) He is afraid he will be attracted to Theodosia.
(b) He feels they are below him.
(c) He does not particularly like them.
(d) He does not want them to witness one of his mysterious seizures.
8. What happens to Marcellus when finds the robe in Demetrius's chamber and touches it?
(a) He falls into an even deeper depression.
(b) He continues to search for his knives.
(c) He becomes relieved and is no longer afraid.
(d) His intentions to sell Demetrius become stronger.
9. Who does Lucia's father, Marcus Gallio, insult in the senate?
(a) Prince Gaius.
(c) Cornelius Capeto.
10. Who is madly in love with Demetrius in Chapter II?
11. What does Demetrius believe he can help Marcellus do by going away to Athens together?
(a) Avoid Diana.
(b) Govern a town there.
(c) Get over his mental breakdown.
(d) Admire sculpture.
12. Where do Marcellus and Demetrius arrive at the beginning of Chapter 8?
13. Who are Helen and Nesta?
(a) Female slaves who are twins.
(b) Lucia's longtime personal slaves.
(c) Lucia's best friends.
(d) Girlfriends of Marcellus.
14. According to Benjamin, what do the Romans believe all men are?
(a) Made in God's image.
15. When Demetrius returns to Rome, he tells Lucia that Marcellus repeats this question over and over:
(a) "Did it hurt?"
(b) "Who took the robe?"
(c) "Where is Jesus?"
(d) "Were you out there?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in love with Marcellus?
2. How old is Lucia?
3. What makes Demetrius feel less lonely in Chapter 6?
4. How does Paulus address Marcellus for the first time in Chapter 6?
5. Why is Zenos's master, Popygos, upset about the constant quarrels between the Romans and the Jews?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)