|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Pilate's legionnaires tell Paulus he had heard that Jesus intends to do if the temple is torn down?
(a) Die on a cross.
(b) Build a new market there.
(c) Put it up in three days.
(d) Have it rebuilt eventually.
2. What is the name of the ship Marcellus and Demetrius take to Greece?
(a) The Clytia.
(b) The Vestris.
(c) The Tullus.
(d) The Joppa.
3. Why is Marcellus so welcome at the House of Eupolis in Athens?
(a) The innkeeper is afraid of the Tribune.
(b) It is Demetrius's family home.
(c) Marcellus has money.
(d) Marcellus's father had stayed there years ago.
4. What does Ino do that meets with Dion's and Marcellus's disapproval in Chapter 8?
(a) She flirts with Marcellus.
(b) She flirts with Demetrius.
(c) She speaks with Demetrius.
(d) She tells Marcellus she loved his father.
5. Marcellus has a big black sheepdog whose name is:
6. What does Prince Gaius attempt to do to Lucia at the palace on Capri?
(a) He tries to make love to her.
(b) He makes an attempt at getting her to swim.
(c) He insults her beauty.
(d) He tries to attack her with a sword.
7. What does Theodosia make of Marcellus no longer being in a state of great exaltation after touching the robe?
(a) She believes he is hiding his emotions,
(b) She thinks Jesus is a magician.
(c) She thinks Demetrius made it all up.
(d) She does not believe Marcellus was ever depressed.
8. According to Benjamin, what do the Romans believe all men are?
(a) Made in God's image.
9. What does Marcellus wish he had done before leaving for his departing ship?
(a) Left Demetrius behind.
(b) Written a will.
(c) Refused his orders to go.
(d) Kissed Diana.
10. Why must Marcus Gallio make a visit to the emperor in Capri?
(a) To give his thoughts on the home being built for Diana and Marcellus.
(b) To takes Marcellus' place until he returns.
(c) To explain why Marcellus is not in rome.
(d) To ask for Diana's hand for Marcellus.
11. What does Demetrius believe he can help Marcellus do by going away to Athens together?
(a) Govern a town there.
(b) Admire sculpture.
(c) Avoid Diana.
(d) Get over his mental breakdown.
12. What is Diana's plan when she visits her grandfather, the emperor?
(a) To see Tiberius before he dies.
(b) To inherit his money.
(c) To have a home built for her.
(d) To get Marcellus back home.
13. What does Demetrius decide to do with Melas, only to change his mind?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Run away.
(c) Write letters home.
(d) Hide the robe.
14. Why does Pilate dip his hands in a basin of water and fling the water off his fingers?
(a) It is a courtesy to have clean hands.
(b) He had touched Jesus and wants to be clean.
(c) To show the crowd he is against them.
(d) To wash his hands of Jesus's case.
15. Where does Demetrius go after hearing what has happened to Jesus?
(c) The praetorium.
(d) The high priest's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcellus avoid talking with the Eupolis family?
2. What does Marcellus do that gains him favor with Paulus?
3. What does Demetrius confess to Theodosia in the garden in Chapter 8?
4. What does Lucia want Marcellus to do when he goes to see Gaius?
5. Which author does Demetrius instigate a conversation about with Marcellus in Chapter 8?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)