|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVIII through XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Stephanos speaks to a crowd of priests and well-dressed men from the business district?
(a) Stephanos begins to convert many.
(b) They stone Stephanos to death.
(c) The Roman soldiers arrest Stephanos for inciting a riot.
(d) The crowd heckles Stephanos and leaves.
2. What does Demetrius give to Lucia before he leaves with Marcellus?
(a) A letter.
(b) A warning.
(c) A poem.
(d) A ring.
3. What does Demetrius tell the emperor when asked what his favorite weapon is?
(a) His fists.
(b) A broadsword.
(c) A dagger.
(d) The truth.
4. On their way to Cana, what surprise does Justus tell Marcellus he has for him there?
(b) A lame woman who sings beautifully.
(c) A wonderful teller of tales.
(d) His grandson, Jonathan.
5. How does the Gallio household react to Marcellus's return from Jerusalem in Chapter 20?
(a) There is much fear for Marcellus's state of mind.
(b) Everyone is sad that Marcellus is a Christian.
(c) Everyone is happy and laughing.
(d) All except Lucia are happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demetrius show to Marcellus, hoping to cure his depression?
2. What does Jesse sell to the Centurian named Hortensius?
3. What happens to Pilate after the crucifixion?
4. What gets Benjamin excited when Demetrius tells him about what happened to Jesus?
5. What does Lucia want Marcellus to do when he goes to see Gaius?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)