|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVIII through XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marcellus speaks of his irritation over mistreated animals, what subject does his traveling companion bring up in Chapter 12?
(c) Roman rule.
2. What does Demetrius give to Lucia before he leaves with Marcellus?
(a) A letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A warning.
(d) A ring.
3. Where does Demetrius go after speaking with Zenos and his master, Polygos?
(a) The praetorium.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) Back to Minoa.
4. What does Miriam want Justus to tell Marcellus in Chapter 15?
(a) That there is no more to tell about Jesus.
(b) Everything about Jesus.
(c) They know he crucified Jesus.
(d) That Jesus did not give her her singing voice.
5. What does Marcellus want Paulus to do after the fight?
(a) Write an apology to Rome.
(b) Bow down to him.
(c) Leave Gaza.
(d) Apologize for his conduct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benjamin think the temple will feel if the messiah actually made an appearance on earth?
2. What is Demetrius's attitude towards religion?
3. Why is Justus worried about Jonathan getting praise from the townspeople?
4. When Marcellus discovers that Justus has left with his grandson in Chapter 19, what is he tempted to do?
5. Why is it believed by those at Capri that Diana is being detained against her own wishes?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)