|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVIII through XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrius confess to Theodosia in the garden in Chapter 8?
(a) He is very worried about Marcellus.
(b) He wants to escape his slavery.
(c) He plans to kill Marcellus.
(d) He is in love with her.
2. Who is Diana?
(a) A slave.
(b) Lucia's mother.
(c) The princess.
(d) A good friend of Lucia's.
3. What happens to Sextus to put him out of commission?
(a) He contracts a disease.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He becomes depressed.
(d) He breaks his leg.
4. When Marcellus rhetorically asks Miriam what constitutes freedom, what does she answer?
(a) Absence of chains.
(b) The truth.
(c) Being able to walk.
(d) The ability to love.
5. What does Demetrius tell the emperor when asked what his favorite weapon is?
(a) His fists.
(b) The truth.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A broadsword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it that the poor people of Galilee and Tiberias do not make use of the healing powers of the hot springs?
2. Who surprises Marcellus with a visit in Chapter 16?
3. What gets Benjamin excited when Demetrius tells him about what happened to Jesus?
4. What information does Demetrius receive from Zenos?
5. What does Melas tell Demetrius will happen to Jesus when Demetrius asks?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)