Chapters I through IV
1. How old is Lucia?
2. Who does Lucia's father, Marcus Gallio, insult in the senate?
(b) Cornelius Capeto.
(c) Prince Gaius.
3. What does the newly purchased slave, Demetrius, do when he arrives at Lucia's home?
(a) Puts a dagger under his pillow.
(b) Tries to escape.
(c) Dives into the pool.
(d) Throws away his shackles.
4. Who are Helen and Nesta?
(a) Girlfriends of Marcellus.
(b) Lucia's longtime personal slaves.
(c) Lucia's best friends.
(d) Female slaves who are twins.
5. Marcellus has a big black sheepdog whose name is:
6. What does Marcellus do at a banquet to offend Prince Gaius?
(a) He curses loudly.
(b) He eats his food with the wrong utensils.
(c) He laughs at Antonius and Gaius.
(d) He claims the food is rotten.
7. What does Prince Gaius attempt to do to Lucia at the palace on Capri?
(a) He insults her beauty.
(b) He tries to make love to her.
(c) He makes an attempt at getting her to swim.
(d) He tries to attack her with a sword.
This section contains 5,524 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)