|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
2. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
3. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
4. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
5. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
Essay Topic 1
The father always puts the son's needs before his own, as he wants so desperately for his son to have a better life. Examine the theme of love in the The Road.
Part 1) What does having unconditional love mean?
Part 2) How does his love for his son cause him to make rash decisions?
Part 3) Compare the father's love for his son to the son's love for his father.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of overprotection in the book and how it pertains to the father and son's relationship. Is the father's overprotection justified or needless?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of reliance in The Road.
Part 1) What does reliance mean? What are some examples of reliance from the book?
Part 2) What does the father rely on the son for?
Part 3) Discuss how reliance can be a good and bad thing.
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)