Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
2. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
3. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
4. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
5. After setting up camp, the father wakes up and the son is gone; after looking for him, what does the father see the son doing?
The father insists that there are good and bad guys in the world, leading the reader to believe a "bad" group of people are responsible for the destruction. How are good people set apart from bad people in the story? What are the major characteristics that good people have that bad people don't? How does the father distinguish between the good and bad people?
Although the landscape and destruction are mentioned, the author never explains what caused the devastation. Explore the cause of this devastation, refer to the clues that are provided to the reader.
• How does the landscape suggest an epidemic -- could it be environmental, caused by man through war, or both?
• Why is it difficult to truly assess the situation of the world, and how is the father an unreliable witness?
• How does not explaining the disaster add to the paranoia and confusion that the reader feels from the father?
Analyze the theme of fear, particularly the father's fear of the boy growing up. Cite examples from the text that demonstrate the father's fears. Why is the father so fearful of the son growing up?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)