|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the road, the father and son meet an old man -- what does the son beg his father to give the old man?
(a) A coat.
2. In Chapter 36, the father and son come to a nice house -- why does the father worry about going inside?
(a) The house could have traps.
(b) The three people they met earlier may be inside.
(c) There are dead bodies inside the house.
(d) They will waste too much time.
3. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
(a) He tells the father he does not trust him.
(b) He tells the father where to meet him in a few days.
(c) He tells the father that he knows he will die soon.
(d) He tells the father thanks for his kindness.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
5. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) They are not going to die.
(b) That they are almost to safety.
(c) That snow will keep them strong.
(d) They will find food.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
2. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
3. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
4. How does the son feel about the beach?
5. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)