|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(b) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
(c) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(d) He wants to stay at the beach.
2. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
4. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) A person.
(d) A bomb.
5. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
(a) They create false tracks.
(b) They cover their tracks with snow.
(c) They wipe away their tracks with their hands.
(d) They wash away their tracks with water.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
2. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
3. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
4. Besides asking his father to start a fire while under the bridge, what else does the son ask the father?
5. After the father and son run from the nice looking house and hide, how many people do they see walking towards the house?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)