|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
(a) An abandoned car.
(b) A pile of dead bodies.
(c) A tank of gasoline.
(d) A cistern of fresh water.
2. After exploring the house the father heads back outside -- what does he find?
3. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(b) He wants to stay at the beach.
(c) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(d) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
4. How does the son feel about entering the nice house?
5. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
(a) Freeze-dried food.
(d) Tins of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
2. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
3. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
4. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
5. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three things that the father finds in Chapters 21-25 that he finds useful.
2. Analyze how the son feels about he and his father's changing relationship in Chapter 40, citing an example from the text.
3. Describe what things the father and son find while at the beach in Chapter 40.
4. Explain why the son returns to the fearful version of himself in Chapter 36, and use an example from the text.
5. Describe three things that the father and son find of use in Chapters 36-40.
6. Explain why the father gives the son a gun after they see the people walking towards the house.
7. Describe how the father makes lamps before he and the son enter the hidden cellar.
8. Describe one example from Chapters 36-40 that demonstrates how the father is becoming more reliant on the son's opinion.
9. Give an example from Chapters 21-25 that shows the father's mistrust.
10. Describe how the author generates credibility to the father's paranoia about the world.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)