|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After resting in the truck, the father and son find a house -- what does the father find in a tool shed?
(a) An ax.
(b) A dead body.
2. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(b) He wants to stay at the beach.
(c) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(d) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
3. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
(a) They play cards.
(b) They wrestle.
(c) They organize the supplies.
(d) They take a bath.
4. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Begins to cry quietly.
(b) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(c) The father keeps the fire going.
(d) Searches for food.
5. The father and son comb the beach -- what do they find?
(a) An old man.
(b) Bones of dead dogs.
(c) Bones of dead fish and cattle.
(d) A pile of human bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
2. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
3. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
4. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
5. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)