|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A knife.
2. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
(a) They create false tracks.
(b) They cover their tracks with snow.
(c) They wash away their tracks with water.
(d) They wipe away their tracks with their hands.
3. After setting up camp, the father wakes up and the son is gone; after looking for him, what does the father see the son doing?
(a) Rushing across the field.
(b) Sitting in an abandoned car.
(c) Eating berries from a nearby bush.
(d) Bathing in a nearby creek.
4. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
(b) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
(c) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
(d) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
5. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
(a) A cow and a bag of potatoes.
(b) Bales of hay and corn seeds.
(c) A dead body and a basket of peaches.
(d) Two goats and a bag of wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides asking his father to start a fire while under the bridge, what else does the son ask the father?
2. When the father and son stop for the night after leaving the hidden cellar, what does the son ask the father?
3. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
4. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
5. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)