|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father do to the son after they come upon the thing in the doorway?
(a) Yells at the son to look away.
(b) Yells at the son to run.
(c) Reassures the son.
(d) Pushes the son out of the way.
2. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) One body hanging.
(b) A horse.
(c) Three bodies hanging.
(d) Two cows and a goat.
3. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has been beaten.
(b) The man has been struck by lightning.
(c) The man is starving to death.
(d) The man has severe frostbite.
4. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
5. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
(a) His mother's suicide.
(b) A toy penguin.
(c) Freezing to death.
(d) His father dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
2. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
3. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
4. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
5. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the father is so overprotective of the son.
2. Give an example from Chapter 11 where the father demonstrates his love for his son.
3. Describe how the son is more capable of surviving than his father.
4. Explain what is revealed in Chapter 15 about the father's wife.
5. Describe two things that the father and son see along their journey in Chapters 16 through 20.
6. Explain how the father demonstrates perseverance in Chapters 16 through 20.
7. Explain what the father says about the States road.
8. Describe what happens when the father and son arrive at the father's old house.
9. Give one example from Chapter 5 that demonstrates how the father is not functioning well psychologically.
10. Explain how the father is failing his son.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)