|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
2. What do the father and child use to carry their possessions?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A van.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A cart.
3. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Pepsi.
(b) A can of Mountain Dew.
(c) A can of Coke.
(d) A can of Dr. Pepper.
4. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
(a) An abandoned hospital.
(b) An abandoned hotel.
(c) An abandoned grocery store.
(d) An abandoned gas station.
5. What does the father use to make wrappings for himself and his son's feet?
(a) An old coat and bits of tarp.
(b) Giant leaves with twine.
(c) Pieces of bark and tape.
(d) An old shirt and rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do to the son after they come upon the thing in the doorway?
2. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
3. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
5. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the father's belief in God.
2. Explain what is revealed in Chapter 15 about the father's wife.
3. Give one example from Chapter 5 that demonstrates how the father is not functioning well psychologically.
4. Recall a situation in the text that demonstrates how the son has becomes immune to the sight of death.
5. Explain what the father says about the States road.
6. Explain how the father is failing his son.
7. Explain why the father is so overprotective of the son.
8. Explain what happens in Chapter 16 when a little boy comes up to the son.
9. Describe how food is constantly a struggle, comparing how the father and son manage their food.
10. Explain what the father does in Chapters 11-15 that accentuates his paranoia, citing an example.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)