Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any people.
(b) He does not see any lights.
(c) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(d) He does not see any cars.
2. At the end of Chapter 8, what does the father cough up?
3. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
4. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A creek.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A river.
5. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
2. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
3. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
4. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
5. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the son is starting to behave in Chapter 41, citing examples from the text.
2. Describe how the son is more capable of surviving than his father.
3. Describe three things that the father finds in Chapters 21-25 that he finds useful.
4. Describe what the father makes for their feet in Chapter 20.
5. Give an example from Chapters 26-30 of where the author uses foreshadowing.
6. Analyze the son's reaction when, in Chapters 36-40, he realizes that the father is becoming more reliant on his opinion.
7. Describe how the author generates credibility to the father's paranoia about the world.
8. Explain why the father is so overprotective of the son.
9. Give an example that demonstrates the father's stubbornness and how he has somewhat lost touch with reality.
10. Explain what happens in Chapter 35 that finally makes the father realize that the son is growing up.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)