|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
2. What does the son think is close by the barn?
3. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
(a) How thin his son is getting.
(b) How tired his son is getting.
(c) How sad his son is getting.
(d) How sick his son is getting.
4. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) How long his son can last.
(b) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(c) How long he can last.
(d) If he should shoot himself.
5. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
(a) Right before they started their road trip.
(b) When the son was born.
(c) When the son was two.
(d) After they had gotten in a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
2. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
3. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
4. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
5. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the father's passing is actually a blessing in disguise.
2. Recall how the father displays his paranoid attitude again while he and the son are staying in the hidden cellar.
3. Give an example that demonstrates the father's stubbornness and how he has somewhat lost touch with reality.
4. Give an example from Chapters 21-25 that describes the son's naivety.
5. In Chapter 30, describe how the son acts like a child for the first time.
6. Recall examples from Chapters 1-5 that demonstrate how the father tries to protect the son, and how the son tries to protect the father.
7. Describe what the father makes for their feet in Chapter 20.
8. Recall an example from Chapter 31 that demonstrates how the father is dealing with the son growing up.
9. Describe two things that the father and son see along their journey in Chapters 16 through 20.
10. Describe how the father makes lamps before he and the son enter the hidden cellar.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)