|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house of the father's best friend.
(b) The house where the father grew up.
(c) The house where the son's mother grew up.
(d) The house where the son was born.
2. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
(a) A can of soup.
(b) A new cart.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A pair of shoes.
3. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
4. After the father and son make cakes, where do they sleep for the night?
(a) In an abandoned house.
(b) In a trailer.
(c) In an old car.
(d) In a tent.
5. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
(a) An old man.
(b) A girl.
(c) A boy.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
2. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
3. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
4. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, what does the father cough up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of a game that the father and son play together.
2. Describe what the father makes for their feet in Chapter 20.
3. Explain why it is difficult for the reader to truly assess how bad things are in the world.
4. Describe what happens when the father and son arrive at the father's old house.
5. Analyze the son's dream about the toy penguin.
6. Explain what the father does in Chapters 11-15 that accentuates his paranoia, citing an example.
7. Recall examples from Chapters 1-5 that demonstrate how the father tries to protect the son, and how the son tries to protect the father.
8. Explain how the father demonstrates perseverance in Chapters 16 through 20.
9. Give an example from Chapter 11 where the father demonstrates his love for his son.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 11, describe where the father and son bathe and what they eat for dinner.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)