|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
2. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they do still exist.
(b) That they do not exist anymore.
(c) That they are important.
(d) That they are slowly dwindling.
3. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
4. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
(a) A toy penguin.
(b) His father dying.
(c) His mother's suicide.
(d) Freezing to death.
5. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) Preparing dinner for his child.
(c) Looking over his child as he sleeps.
(d) Walking down a deserted road.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the city, what direction do the father and son head?
2. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
3. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
4. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
5. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the father demonstrates perseverance in Chapters 16 through 20.
2. Describe the father's belief in God.
3. Describe what the father makes for their feet in Chapter 20.
4. Give an example that demonstrates the father's stubbornness and how he has somewhat lost touch with reality.
5. After traveling through the mountains, explain how the father knows he and his son have reached their destination.
6. Explain what is revealed in Chapter 15 about the father's wife.
7. Describe two things that the father and son see along their journey in Chapters 16 through 20.
8. Explain what the father says about the States road.
9. Recall an example from the first few chapters of the novel that demonstrates the son's concern with mortality.
10. Explain how the author's descriptions and use of language set the tone for the rest of the novel.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)