|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
(b) Ham and potatoes.
(d) Rice and beans.
2. What do the father and son find inside a trailer along the road?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Piles of clothes.
(c) Gallons of water.
(d) Boxes of food.
3. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
(b) He tells him yes.
(c) He tells him no.
(d) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
4. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
(a) An abandoned grocery store.
(b) An abandoned hospital.
(c) An abandoned hotel.
(d) An abandoned gas station.
5. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
(a) The father does not want the son to hear him coughing.
(b) The father is crying and does not want the son to hear.
(c) The father is looking for water.
(d) The father is looking for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
2. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
3. After leaving the city, what direction do the father and son head?
4. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
5. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the father demonstrates perseverance in Chapters 16 through 20.
2. Give an example that demonstrates the father's stubbornness and how he has somewhat lost touch with reality.
3. Explain what happens in Chapter 16 when a little boy comes up to the son.
4. Give an example of a game that the father and son play together.
5. Explain why it is difficult for the reader to truly assess how bad things are in the world.
6. Recall a situation in the text that demonstrates how the son has becomes immune to the sight of death.
7. Describe two things that the father and son see along their journey in Chapters 16 through 20.
8. Recall from Chapter 5 what the father remembers his wife telling him about his son.
9. Give one example from Chapter 5 that demonstrates how the father is not functioning well psychologically.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 11, describe where the father and son bathe and what they eat for dinner.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)