|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
(a) He tells the father that he knows he will die soon.
(b) He tells the father he does not trust him.
(c) He tells the father thanks for his kindness.
(d) He tells the father where to meet him in a few days.
2. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A person.
(d) Wild dogs.
3. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
(a) They take a bath.
(b) They play cards.
(c) They organize the supplies.
(d) They wrestle.
4. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
(a) The son is freezing after being in a downpour of rain.
(b) The son is freezing after swimming in the ocean.
(c) The son is freezing after falling in the ocean while looking for shells.
(d) The son is freezing after going for a run.
5. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Advertises a cruise line.
(b) Warns of famine.
(c) Warns of death.
(d) Advertises Coke.
6. As the father leads the son to the hidden cellar, what does the father tell his son that good guys do not give in to?
7. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
(a) A couple candy bars.
(c) Root beer.
(d) A bag of chips.
8. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) An infant.
9. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A plate of food.
(b) A jug of water.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A warm fire.
10. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
(a) The father asks where the son has heard such a term.
(b) The father tells the son they will not be going back to the hidden cellar.
(c) The father tells him they will eat stuff from the cellar.
(d) The father tells the son he cannot see the gun.
11. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
(d) A fire.
12. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Leave as quickly as possible.
(b) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
(c) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
(d) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
13. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) The wind picks up.
(b) It begins hailing.
(c) It begins snowing.
(d) It begins raining.
14. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
(b) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
(c) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
(d) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
15. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
(a) He yells at the son.
(b) He begs the son.
(c) He reassures the son.
(d) He picks up the son and carries him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
2. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
3. After the father finds his son, who had wandered off while he was asleep, what does the son tell the father he has found?
4. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
5. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)