|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In an abandoned house.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) Beside a creek.
2. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
(a) He wants to get back on the road and continue their journey.
(b) He is angry that the son likes the cellar so much.
(c) He is too bored sitting around in the hidden cellar.
(d) He thinks it would be dangerous.
3. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
(a) A person.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Wild dogs.
4. As the father leads the son to the hidden cellar, what does the father tell his son that good guys do not give in to?
5. Things are not going well for the father and son -- what are they running out of?
6. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(b) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(c) He wants to stay at the beach.
(d) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
7. What does the son do while at the location after the gas station?
(a) He goes swimming.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He goes for a run.
(d) He looks for rocks.
8. How does the son feel about entering the nice house?
9. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
(a) Piles of clothes and shoes.
(b) Hundreds of tins of food and drink, heating, and a second room with a toilet.
(c) Piles of bodies.
(d) Baskets of apples and a bed.
10. How does the son feel about his father going in the ocean?
11. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) Card games.
(b) Spaceships and traveling to Mars.
(c) How he wishes he was back in the cellar.
(d) How tired and hungry he is.
12. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
(a) A pile of dead chickens.
(b) Cans of food.
(c) Barely alive, naked people.
(d) Two starving children.
13. While the father has another coughing fit, what does he think about?
(a) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
14. After the father finds his son, who had wandered off while he was asleep, what does the son tell the father he has found?
(a) A car.
(b) A bush with berries.
(c) A creek.
(d) A train.
15. After the father and son run from the nice looking house and hide, how many people do they see walking towards the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
2. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
3. What does the father say when he and his son enter the hidden cellar?
4. After the father and son hide from the people walking towards the nice house, why does the father give the son a gun?
5. While under the bridge, the son wants a fire, so why does the father not start one?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)