|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A baby.
2. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
(a) A pile of dead chickens.
(b) Cans of food.
(c) Two starving children.
(d) Barely alive, naked people.
3. After exploring the house the father heads back outside -- what does he find?
4. What does the son do while at the location after the gas station?
(a) He goes for a run.
(b) He looks for rocks.
(c) He goes swimming.
(d) He takes a nap.
5. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
(a) The address on the gas station's door.
(b) He recognizes the gas station as one from his childhood.
(c) A sign.
(d) A telephone directory.
6. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) It begins raining.
(b) It begins snowing.
(c) The wind picks up.
(d) It begins hailing.
7. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Advertises Coke.
(b) Warns of death.
(c) Warns of famine.
(d) Advertises a cruise line.
8. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
(a) They wash away their tracks with water.
(b) They wipe away their tracks with their hands.
(c) They create false tracks.
(d) They cover their tracks with snow.
9. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
(b) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
(c) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
(d) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
10. Near the tool shed, the father uncovers a locked trap door to a hidden cellar -- how does the son react?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He begins to cry and passes out.
(c) He begs the father not to enter.
(d) He excitedly asks his father to enter.
11. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
(a) He picks up the son and carries him.
(b) He yells at the son.
(c) He begs the son.
(d) He reassures the son.
12. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
(b) Corn seeds.
13. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
14. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Seven days.
15. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
(a) A pile of dead bodies.
(b) A tank of gasoline.
(c) A cistern of fresh water.
(d) An abandoned car.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
2. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
3. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
4. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
5. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)