|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) It begins raining.
(b) The wind picks up.
(c) It begins hailing.
(d) It begins snowing.
2. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
(a) The men demand that the father hand over the son.
(b) The men want the father and son's shoes.
(c) The men want the father and son to give them their clothes.
(d) The men ask what the father and son have in their cart.
3. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
(a) If they will ever have to eat a dog.
(b) If they will ever have to eat a horse.
(c) If they will ever have to eat a cat.
(d) If they will ever have to eat a human.
4. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(b) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
(c) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(d) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
5. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Seven days.
6. What does the son do while at the location after the gas station?
(a) He takes a nap.
(b) He goes swimming.
(c) He looks for rocks.
(d) He goes for a run.
7. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
(a) Why the son is so excited.
(b) How much more the son can take.
(c) Why the son runs away.
(d) How his son can cry so easily.
8. After resting in the truck, the father and son find a house -- what does the father find in a tool shed?
(c) A dead body.
(d) An ax.
9. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About where they should head next on their journey.
(b) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
(c) About how the world used to before.
(d) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
10. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
(b) Tins of food.
(d) Freeze-dried food.
11. Things are not going well for the father and son -- what are they running out of?
12. After setting up camp, the father wakes up and the son is gone; after looking for him, what does the father see the son doing?
(a) Eating berries from a nearby bush.
(b) Rushing across the field.
(c) Sitting in an abandoned car.
(d) Bathing in a nearby creek.
13. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
(a) He tells the father where to meet him in a few days.
(b) He tells the father that he knows he will die soon.
(c) He tells the father he does not trust him.
(d) He tells the father thanks for his kindness.
14. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
(c) A fire.
15. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
(a) He beats the men up.
(b) He asks them nicely to please leave.
(c) He pulls out his gun.
(d) He begs with them to spare his son's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
2. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
3. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
4. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
5. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)