|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the father and son run from the nice looking house and hide, how many people do they see walking towards the house?
2. After exploring the house the father heads back outside -- what does he find?
3. What is unusual about the door to the house in Chapter 36?
(a) It is barred shut with deadbolts.
(b) It is propped open.
(c) The door is missing on the house.
(d) It is hanging off the hinges.
4. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
(a) They wipe away their tracks with their hands.
(b) They create false tracks.
(c) They cover their tracks with snow.
(d) They wash away their tracks with water.
5. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
(a) A sign.
(b) A telephone directory.
(c) He recognizes the gas station as one from his childhood.
(d) The address on the gas station's door.
6. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) An infant.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
7. Besides asking his father to start a fire while under the bridge, what else does the son ask the father?
(a) Where they will head next.
(b) Why he did not shoot the people in the pantry.
(c) What they are going to eat for dinner.
(d) If they could not possibly have helped the people in the pantry.
8. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
(a) His vision is getting blurry.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) His cough is getting bad.
(d) He cannot walk.
9. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Warns of famine.
(b) Advertises a cruise line.
(c) Warns of death.
(d) Advertises Coke.
10. While the father has another coughing fit, what does he think about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His son.
(d) His wife.
11. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A knife.
(d) A hammer.
12. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
(a) If they will ever have to eat a human.
(b) If they will ever have to eat a dog.
(c) If they will ever have to eat a cat.
(d) If they will ever have to eat a horse.
13. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
(b) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(c) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(d) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
14. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
(a) Hundred miles.
(b) Fifty miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Thirty miles.
15. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
(a) The father tells the son they will not be going back to the hidden cellar.
(b) The father tells the son he cannot see the gun.
(c) The father tells him they will eat stuff from the cellar.
(d) The father asks where the son has heard such a term.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
3. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
4. What does the son do while at the location after the gas station?
5. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)