|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) An infant.
(d) A rabbit.
2. Things are not going well for the father and son -- what are they running out of?
3. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(b) He wants to stay at the beach.
(c) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(d) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
4. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
(a) He tells the father where to meet him in a few days.
(b) He tells the father thanks for his kindness.
(c) He tells the father he does not trust him.
(d) He tells the father that he knows he will die soon.
5. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) His cough is getting bad.
(d) His vision is getting blurry.
6. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
(a) An abandoned car.
(b) A pile of dead bodies.
(c) A cistern of fresh water.
(d) A tank of gasoline.
7. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
8. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Thirty miles.
(c) Hundred miles.
(d) Fifty miles.
9. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About where they should head next on their journey.
(b) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
(c) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
(d) About how the world used to before.
10. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
(a) It is their best night so far.
(b) They are almost to their destination.
(c) It is their worst night so far.
(d) He does not know if he can go on.
11. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(b) Begins to cry quietly.
(c) The father keeps the fire going.
(d) Searches for food.
12. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
(d) Corn seeds.
13. What does the son do while at the location after the gas station?
(a) He looks for rocks.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He goes for a run.
(d) He goes swimming.
14. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
(b) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(c) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(d) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
15. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
(a) A person.
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father and son comb the beach -- what do they find?
2. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
3. Where do the father and son travel to after leaving the gas station?
4. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
5. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)