|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
2. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
(a) A fire.
3. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
(b) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
(c) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(d) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
4. Things are not going well for the father and son -- what are they running out of?
5. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
(b) Root beer.
(c) A couple candy bars.
(d) A bag of chips.
6. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(b) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
(c) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(d) He wants to stay at the beach.
7. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
(a) Bales of hay and corn seeds.
(b) Two goats and a bag of wheat.
(c) A cow and a bag of potatoes.
(d) A dead body and a basket of peaches.
8. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
(a) The father tells the son he cannot see the gun.
(b) The father tells him they will eat stuff from the cellar.
(c) The father asks where the son has heard such a term.
(d) The father tells the son they will not be going back to the hidden cellar.
9. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About where they should head next on their journey.
(b) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
(c) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
(d) About how the world used to before.
10. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
(b) Freeze-dried food.
(d) Tins of food.
11. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
(a) They wrestle.
(b) They play cards.
(c) They take a bath.
(d) They organize the supplies.
12. After the father finds his son, who had wandered off while he was asleep, what does the son tell the father he has found?
(a) A car.
(b) A bush with berries.
(c) A train.
(d) A creek.
13. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
(a) He thinks it would be dangerous.
(b) He is too bored sitting around in the hidden cellar.
(c) He is angry that the son likes the cellar so much.
(d) He wants to get back on the road and continue their journey.
14. What does the father swim out to inspect while the son stays on the beach?
(a) An abandoned boat.
(b) A person drowning.
(c) A floating body.
(d) An abandoned life raft.
15. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
2. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
3. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
4. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
5. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)