|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
(a) Bales of hay and corn seeds.
(b) A cow and a bag of potatoes.
(c) Two goats and a bag of wheat.
(d) A dead body and a basket of peaches.
2. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A warm fire.
(b) A jug of water.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A plate of food.
3. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) How he wishes he was back in the cellar.
(b) Spaceships and traveling to Mars.
(c) Card games.
(d) How tired and hungry he is.
4. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A snake.
(c) An infant.
(d) A rat.
5. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
(b) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
(c) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
(d) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
6. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
(b) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
(c) About where they should head next on their journey.
(d) About how the world used to before.
7. What does the father want to do with the food that he and his son find in the nice house?
(a) Burn the food in a fire.
(b) Store the food in their cart.
(c) Cook the food really well.
(d) Throw the food away.
8. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
(a) A bomb.
(b) Wild dogs.
(d) A person.
9. While under the bridge, the son wants a fire, so why does the father not start one?
(a) He has lost the lighter.
(b) The father feels hot and does not want a fire.
(c) It would draw too much attention.
(d) The father says they have no firewood.
10. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
(a) The men want the father and son's shoes.
(b) The men ask what the father and son have in their cart.
(c) The men want the father and son to give them their clothes.
(d) The men demand that the father hand over the son.
11. After exploring the house the father heads back outside -- what does he find?
12. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) That snow will keep them strong.
(b) That they are almost to safety.
(c) They will find food.
(d) They are not going to die.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) Beside a creek.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In an abandoned house.
14. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
(a) He asks them nicely to please leave.
(b) He pulls out his gun.
(c) He begs with them to spare his son's life.
(d) He beats the men up.
15. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
(a) His cough is getting bad.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) His vision is getting blurry.
(d) He is bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
2. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
3. Near the tool shed, the father uncovers a locked trap door to a hidden cellar -- how does the son react?
4. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
5. How does the son feel about the beach?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)