|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In an abandoned house.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) Beside a creek.
2. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
(b) He wants to stay at the beach.
(c) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(d) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
3. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Warns of death.
(b) Advertises a cruise line.
(c) Warns of famine.
(d) Advertises Coke.
4. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
(a) Freeze-dried food.
(d) Tins of food.
5. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
6. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
(b) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
(c) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
(d) Leave as quickly as possible.
7. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
(a) They wipe away their tracks with their hands.
(b) They wash away their tracks with water.
(c) They cover their tracks with snow.
(d) They create false tracks.
8. After resting in the truck, the father and son find a house -- what does the father find in a tool shed?
(a) An ax.
(b) A dead body.
9. As the father leads the son to the hidden cellar, what does the father tell his son that good guys do not give in to?
10. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A jug of water.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A warm fire.
(d) A plate of food.
11. What does the father swim out to inspect while the son stays on the beach?
(a) A floating body.
(b) An abandoned boat.
(c) A person drowning.
(d) An abandoned life raft.
12. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) The wind picks up.
(b) It begins hailing.
(c) It begins snowing.
(d) It begins raining.
13. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) How tired and hungry he is.
(b) Spaceships and traveling to Mars.
(c) How he wishes he was back in the cellar.
(d) Card games.
14. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
(b) Corn seeds.
15. In Chapter 36, the father and son come to a nice house -- why does the father worry about going inside?
(a) The house could have traps.
(b) They will waste too much time.
(c) There are dead bodies inside the house.
(d) The three people they met earlier may be inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
2. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
3. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
4. How does the son feel about his father going in the ocean?
5. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)