|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
(a) He picks up the son and carries him.
(b) He begs the son.
(c) He reassures the son.
(d) He yells at the son.
2. What is unusual about the door to the house in Chapter 36?
(a) It is barred shut with deadbolts.
(b) It is hanging off the hinges.
(c) The door is missing on the house.
(d) It is propped open.
3. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
(b) Freeze-dried food.
(d) Tins of food.
4. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) They will find food.
(b) They are not going to die.
(c) That they are almost to safety.
(d) That snow will keep them strong.
5. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
(a) If they will ever have to eat a human.
(b) If they will ever have to eat a dog.
(c) If they will ever have to eat a cat.
(d) If they will ever have to eat a horse.
6. Where do the father and son travel to after leaving the gas station?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An old amusement park.
(c) The train station.
(d) The beach.
7. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
(b) Leave as quickly as possible.
(c) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
(d) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
8. What does the father swim out to inspect while the son stays on the beach?
(a) An abandoned boat.
(b) A floating body.
(c) An abandoned life raft.
(d) A person drowning.
9. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Advertises a cruise line.
(b) Warns of famine.
(c) Warns of death.
(d) Advertises Coke.
10. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
(d) Corn seeds.
11. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
(a) Hundred miles.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Fifty miles.
(d) Thirty miles.
12. After setting up camp, the father wakes up and the son is gone; after looking for him, what does the father see the son doing?
(a) Sitting in an abandoned car.
(b) Rushing across the field.
(c) Eating berries from a nearby bush.
(d) Bathing in a nearby creek.
13. In Chapter 36, the father and son come to a nice house -- why does the father worry about going inside?
(a) There are dead bodies inside the house.
(b) The house could have traps.
(c) The three people they met earlier may be inside.
(d) They will waste too much time.
14. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A warm fire.
(b) A jug of water.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A plate of food.
15. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
(a) Two starving children.
(b) Barely alive, naked people.
(c) A pile of dead chickens.
(d) Cans of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
2. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
4. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
5. How does the son feel about entering the nice house?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)