|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A baby.
2. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
(a) Three men and a pregnant woman.
(b) Two men, a woman, and a baby.
(c) One man and two pregnant women.
(d) Two boys and a dog.
3. What does the father swim out to inspect while the son stays on the beach?
(a) An abandoned boat.
(b) A floating body.
(c) A person drowning.
(d) An abandoned life raft.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
(a) Beside a creek.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In an abandoned house.
5. While the father has another coughing fit, what does he think about?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
6. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Two days.
7. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
(a) It is their worst night so far.
(b) It is their best night so far.
(c) They are almost to their destination.
(d) He does not know if he can go on.
8. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
(d) A fire.
9. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(b) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(c) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
(d) He wants to stay at the beach.
10. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
(a) They play cards.
(b) They wrestle.
(c) They organize the supplies.
(d) They take a bath.
11. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) They will find food.
(b) They are not going to die.
(c) That snow will keep them strong.
(d) That they are almost to safety.
12. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
(a) Freeze-dried food.
(b) Tins of food.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Five days.
14. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
(a) He begs the son.
(b) He picks up the son and carries him.
(c) He reassures the son.
(d) He yells at the son.
15. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
(b) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(c) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(d) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
2. While on the road, the father and son meet an old man -- what does the son beg his father to give the old man?
3. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
4. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
5. Things are not going well for the father and son -- what are they running out of?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)