|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the father and son stop for the night after leaving the hidden cellar, what does the son ask the father?
(a) What they will eat for dinner.
(b) If he can see the gun.
(c) If they can go back to the hidden cellar.
(d) What their long term goals are.
2. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About where they should head next on their journey.
(b) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
(c) About how the world used to before.
(d) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
3. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
4. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) A person.
(d) A bomb.
5. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Seven days.
6. What does the father want to do with the food that he and his son find in the nice house?
(a) Store the food in their cart.
(b) Throw the food away.
(c) Burn the food in a fire.
(d) Cook the food really well.
7. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Advertises a cruise line.
(b) Warns of famine.
(c) Advertises Coke.
(d) Warns of death.
8. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) An infant.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rat.
9. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
10. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
(a) The father asks where the son has heard such a term.
(b) The father tells him they will eat stuff from the cellar.
(c) The father tells the son they will not be going back to the hidden cellar.
(d) The father tells the son he cannot see the gun.
11. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Begins to cry quietly.
(b) Searches for food.
(c) The father keeps the fire going.
(d) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
12. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) How he wishes he was back in the cellar.
(b) Spaceships and traveling to Mars.
(c) How tired and hungry he is.
(d) Card games.
13. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A plate of food.
(b) A warm fire.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A jug of water.
14. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
(a) One man and two pregnant women.
(b) Two men, a woman, and a baby.
(c) Two boys and a dog.
(d) Three men and a pregnant woman.
15. After the father finds his son, who had wandered off while he was asleep, what does the son tell the father he has found?
(a) A car.
(b) A creek.
(c) A train.
(d) A bush with berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
2. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
3. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
4. How are the father and son feeling when they leave the hidden cellar?
5. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)