|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
(a) Fifty miles.
(b) Hundred miles.
(c) Thirty miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
3. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
(b) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
(c) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(d) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
4. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
(a) He asks them nicely to please leave.
(b) He pulls out his gun.
(c) He beats the men up.
(d) He begs with them to spare his son's life.
5. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
(a) He wants to get back on the road and continue their journey.
(b) He is angry that the son likes the cellar so much.
(c) He thinks it would be dangerous.
(d) He is too bored sitting around in the hidden cellar.
6. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
(a) The son is freezing after swimming in the ocean.
(b) The son is freezing after going for a run.
(c) The son is freezing after being in a downpour of rain.
(d) The son is freezing after falling in the ocean while looking for shells.
7. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
(a) Two goats and a bag of wheat.
(b) Bales of hay and corn seeds.
(c) A cow and a bag of potatoes.
(d) A dead body and a basket of peaches.
8. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to stay at the beach.
(b) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(c) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(d) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
9. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
(a) They wash away their tracks with water.
(b) They cover their tracks with snow.
(c) They create false tracks.
(d) They wipe away their tracks with their hands.
10. As the father leads the son to the hidden cellar, what does the father tell his son that good guys do not give in to?
11. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Warns of famine.
(b) Advertises Coke.
(c) Advertises a cruise line.
(d) Warns of death.
12. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
(d) A fire.
13. What is unusual about the door to the house in Chapter 36?
(a) The door is missing on the house.
(b) It is barred shut with deadbolts.
(c) It is hanging off the hinges.
(d) It is propped open.
14. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
(a) The father tells him they will eat stuff from the cellar.
(b) The father asks where the son has heard such a term.
(c) The father tells the son he cannot see the gun.
(d) The father tells the son they will not be going back to the hidden cellar.
15. Near the tool shed, the father uncovers a locked trap door to a hidden cellar -- how does the son react?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He begs the father not to enter.
(c) He excitedly asks his father to enter.
(d) He begins to cry and passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the son feel about his father going in the ocean?
2. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
3. After the father finds his son, who had wandered off while he was asleep, what does the son tell the father he has found?
4. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
5. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)