|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
(a) Two men, a woman, and a baby.
(b) One man and two pregnant women.
(c) Two boys and a dog.
(d) Three men and a pregnant woman.
2. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(b) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
(c) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(d) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
3. Near the tool shed, the father uncovers a locked trap door to a hidden cellar -- how does the son react?
(a) He excitedly asks his father to enter.
(b) He begs the father not to enter.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He begins to cry and passes out.
4. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Seven days.
5. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
(a) Two goats and a bag of wheat.
(b) A dead body and a basket of peaches.
(c) Bales of hay and corn seeds.
(d) A cow and a bag of potatoes.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) Beside a creek.
(d) In an abandoned house.
7. Where do the father and son travel to after leaving the gas station?
(a) An old amusement park.
(b) The beach.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The train station.
8. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(b) Begins to cry quietly.
(c) Searches for food.
(d) The father keeps the fire going.
9. After the father and son run from the nice looking house and hide, how many people do they see walking towards the house?
10. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
(a) A sign.
(b) The address on the gas station's door.
(c) He recognizes the gas station as one from his childhood.
(d) A telephone directory.
11. While under the bridge, the son wants a fire, so why does the father not start one?
(a) It would draw too much attention.
(b) The father says they have no firewood.
(c) The father feels hot and does not want a fire.
(d) He has lost the lighter.
12. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
(a) He is angry that the son likes the cellar so much.
(b) He is too bored sitting around in the hidden cellar.
(c) He thinks it would be dangerous.
(d) He wants to get back on the road and continue their journey.
13. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
(a) The father tells the son he cannot see the gun.
(b) The father tells the son they will not be going back to the hidden cellar.
(c) The father tells him they will eat stuff from the cellar.
(d) The father asks where the son has heard such a term.
14. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
(a) The son is freezing after falling in the ocean while looking for shells.
(b) The son is freezing after going for a run.
(c) The son is freezing after being in a downpour of rain.
(d) The son is freezing after swimming in the ocean.
15. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to stay at the beach.
(b) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(c) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(d) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the father has another coughing fit, what does he think about?
2. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
3. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
4. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
5. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)