|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father and son comb the beach -- what do they find?
(a) A pile of human bodies.
(b) An old man.
(c) Bones of dead fish and cattle.
(d) Bones of dead dogs.
2. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
(a) He pulls out his gun.
(b) He beats the men up.
(c) He begs with them to spare his son's life.
(d) He asks them nicely to please leave.
3. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
(a) Five days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
4. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
(a) The men want the father and son's shoes.
(b) The men want the father and son to give them their clothes.
(c) The men demand that the father hand over the son.
(d) The men ask what the father and son have in their cart.
5. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
(a) Two days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
6. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
(a) Cans of food.
(b) Two starving children.
(c) A pile of dead chickens.
(d) Barely alive, naked people.
7. What does the father want to do with the food that he and his son find in the nice house?
(a) Store the food in their cart.
(b) Throw the food away.
(c) Cook the food really well.
(d) Burn the food in a fire.
8. What does the father swim out to inspect while the son stays on the beach?
(a) A floating body.
(b) A person drowning.
(c) An abandoned boat.
(d) An abandoned life raft.
9. Besides asking his father to start a fire while under the bridge, what else does the son ask the father?
(a) What they are going to eat for dinner.
(b) Where they will head next.
(c) If they could not possibly have helped the people in the pantry.
(d) Why he did not shoot the people in the pantry.
10. Things are not going well for the father and son -- what are they running out of?
11. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
(a) One man and two pregnant women.
(b) Two boys and a dog.
(c) Three men and a pregnant woman.
(d) Two men, a woman, and a baby.
12. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
(a) The son is freezing after swimming in the ocean.
(b) The son is freezing after being in a downpour of rain.
(c) The son is freezing after falling in the ocean while looking for shells.
(d) The son is freezing after going for a run.
13. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
(b) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
(c) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(d) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
14. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
(a) Freeze-dried food.
(c) Tins of food.
15. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
(a) Baskets of apples and a bed.
(b) Piles of clothes and shoes.
(c) Hundreds of tins of food and drink, heating, and a second room with a toilet.
(d) Piles of bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
2. When the father and son stop for the night after leaving the hidden cellar, what does the son ask the father?
3. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
4. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
5. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)