|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(b) Begins to cry quietly.
(c) Searches for food.
(d) The father keeps the fire going.
2. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A warm fire.
(b) A jug of water.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A plate of food.
3. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
4. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
(a) Two men, a woman, and a baby.
(b) One man and two pregnant women.
(c) Three men and a pregnant woman.
(d) Two boys and a dog.
5. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
(b) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
(c) About how the world used to before.
(d) About where they should head next on their journey.
6. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
(a) If they will ever have to eat a dog.
(b) If they will ever have to eat a horse.
(c) If they will ever have to eat a cat.
(d) If they will ever have to eat a human.
7. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
(a) He begs the son.
(b) He reassures the son.
(c) He yells at the son.
(d) He picks up the son and carries him.
8. How does the son feel about entering the nice house?
9. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A rat.
(d) An infant.
10. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Advertises a cruise line.
(b) Warns of death.
(c) Warns of famine.
(d) Advertises Coke.
11. After setting up camp, the father wakes up and the son is gone; after looking for him, what does the father see the son doing?
(a) Sitting in an abandoned car.
(b) Bathing in a nearby creek.
(c) Eating berries from a nearby bush.
(d) Rushing across the field.
12. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
(b) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
(c) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(d) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
13. The father and son comb the beach -- what do they find?
(a) Bones of dead fish and cattle.
(b) An old man.
(c) Bones of dead dogs.
(d) A pile of human bodies.
14. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
(a) Barely alive, naked people.
(b) Cans of food.
(c) A pile of dead chickens.
(d) Two starving children.
15. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
(c) Corn seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
2. Besides asking his father to start a fire while under the bridge, what else does the son ask the father?
3. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
4. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
5. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)