|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
(b) A fire.
2. Things are not going well for the father and son -- what are they running out of?
3. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
(a) The father tells the son he cannot see the gun.
(b) The father asks where the son has heard such a term.
(c) The father tells him they will eat stuff from the cellar.
(d) The father tells the son they will not be going back to the hidden cellar.
4. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
(b) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(c) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
(d) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
5. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) His cough is getting bad.
(c) His vision is getting blurry.
(d) He cannot walk.
6. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
(b) Leave as quickly as possible.
(c) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
(d) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
(a) Five days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
8. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Warns of famine.
(b) Warns of death.
(c) Advertises Coke.
(d) Advertises a cruise line.
9. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) How he wishes he was back in the cellar.
(b) Spaceships and traveling to Mars.
(c) How tired and hungry he is.
(d) Card games.
10. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
(a) Two men, a woman, and a baby.
(b) Three men and a pregnant woman.
(c) Two boys and a dog.
(d) One man and two pregnant women.
11. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
(a) If they will ever have to eat a cat.
(b) If they will ever have to eat a dog.
(c) If they will ever have to eat a horse.
(d) If they will ever have to eat a human.
12. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
(b) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
(c) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
(d) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
13. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
(a) Root beer.
(b) A bag of chips.
(d) A couple candy bars.
14. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Fifty miles.
(c) Thirty miles.
(d) Hundred miles.
15. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
(a) The address on the gas station's door.
(b) A telephone directory.
(c) He recognizes the gas station as one from his childhood.
(d) A sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father say when he and his son enter the hidden cellar?
2. How does the son feel about his father going in the ocean?
3. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
4. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
5. Near the tool shed, the father uncovers a locked trap door to a hidden cellar -- how does the son react?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)