|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
2. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
(b) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(c) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
(d) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
3. As the father leads the son to the hidden cellar, what does the father tell his son that good guys do not give in to?
4. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A knife.
(d) A screwdriver.
5. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
(b) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
(c) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
(d) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
6. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) It begins snowing.
(b) The wind picks up.
(c) It begins raining.
(d) It begins hailing.
7. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Leave as quickly as possible.
(b) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
(c) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
(d) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
8. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A warm fire.
(b) A jug of water.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) A pistol.
9. After the father and son run from the nice looking house and hide, how many people do they see walking towards the house?
10. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
(a) A pile of dead chickens.
(b) Barely alive, naked people.
(c) Two starving children.
(d) Cans of food.
11. When the father and son stop for the night after leaving the hidden cellar, what does the son ask the father?
(a) If he can see the gun.
(b) If they can go back to the hidden cellar.
(c) What they will eat for dinner.
(d) What their long term goals are.
12. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
(a) Root beer.
(c) A bag of chips.
(d) A couple candy bars.
13. What does the father say when he and his son enter the hidden cellar?
(a) "Heaven help us."
(b) "Oh my god."
(c) "This is the work of the devil."
(d) "Thank the lord."
14. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
(a) If they will ever have to eat a human.
(b) If they will ever have to eat a horse.
(c) If they will ever have to eat a cat.
(d) If they will ever have to eat a dog.
15. While under the bridge, the son wants a fire, so why does the father not start one?
(a) The father says they have no firewood.
(b) It would draw too much attention.
(c) He has lost the lighter.
(d) The father feels hot and does not want a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
2. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
3. Besides asking his father to start a fire while under the bridge, what else does the son ask the father?
4. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
5. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)