|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
(a) The men ask what the father and son have in their cart.
(b) The men demand that the father hand over the son.
(c) The men want the father and son to give them their clothes.
(d) The men want the father and son's shoes.
2. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
(a) A person.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Wild dogs.
3. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
(a) Piles of clothes and shoes.
(b) Baskets of apples and a bed.
(c) Hundreds of tins of food and drink, heating, and a second room with a toilet.
(d) Piles of bodies.
4. While under the bridge, the son wants a fire, so why does the father not start one?
(a) It would draw too much attention.
(b) The father says they have no firewood.
(c) He has lost the lighter.
(d) The father feels hot and does not want a fire.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
(a) Beside a creek.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In an abandoned house.
6. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
7. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(b) He wants to stay at the beach.
(c) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
(d) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
8. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) That they are almost to safety.
(b) They are not going to die.
(c) They will find food.
(d) That snow will keep them strong.
9. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
(a) They are almost to their destination.
(b) He does not know if he can go on.
(c) It is their worst night so far.
(d) It is their best night so far.
10. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
(a) An infant.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
11. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
(b) A rabbit.
(d) A baby.
12. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
(b) Leave as quickly as possible.
(c) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
(d) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
13. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
(a) He wants to get back on the road and continue their journey.
(b) He is too bored sitting around in the hidden cellar.
(c) He is angry that the son likes the cellar so much.
(d) He thinks it would be dangerous.
14. Things are not going well for the father and son -- what are they running out of?
15. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
(a) Bales of hay and corn seeds.
(b) Two goats and a bag of wheat.
(c) A dead body and a basket of peaches.
(d) A cow and a bag of potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
2. How does the son feel about entering the nice house?
3. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
4. How are the father and son feeling when they leave the hidden cellar?
5. What does the son do while at the location after the gas station?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)