Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Searches for food.
(b) The father keeps the fire going.
(c) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(d) Begins to cry quietly.
2. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
(a) Piles of bodies.
(b) Piles of clothes and shoes.
(c) Hundreds of tins of food and drink, heating, and a second room with a toilet.
(d) Baskets of apples and a bed.
3. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
(a) Three days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
4. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
(a) He tells the father that he knows he will die soon.
(b) He tells the father thanks for his kindness.
(c) He tells the father he does not trust him.
(d) He tells the father where to meet him in a few days.
5. After setting up camp, the father wakes up and the son is gone; after looking for him, what does the father see the son doing?
(a) Sitting in an abandoned car.
(b) Bathing in a nearby creek.
(c) Eating berries from a nearby bush.
(d) Rushing across the field.
6. After resting in the truck, the father and son find a house -- what does the father find in a tool shed?
(a) A dead body.
(d) An ax.
7. After the father and son hide from the people walking towards the nice house, why does the father give the son a gun?
(a) To kill himself if the people find them.
(b) To hide the gun if the people find them.
(c) To shoot the father if the people find them.
(d) To defend himself if the people find them.
8. What is unusual about the door to the house in Chapter 36?
(a) It is propped open.
(b) It is barred shut with deadbolts.
(c) The door is missing on the house.
(d) It is hanging off the hinges.
9. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
(b) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
(c) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
(d) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
10. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
(a) Why the son is so excited.
(b) How much more the son can take.
(c) How his son can cry so easily.
(d) Why the son runs away.
11. How does the son feel about his father going in the ocean?
12. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
13. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(b) He wants to stay at the beach.
(c) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(d) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
14. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(b) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
(c) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(d) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
15. How are the father and son feeling when they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) They have full stomachs and are in high spirits.
(b) Upset with each other because the son wants to stay.
(c) Tired and anxious.
(d) Sick to their stomachs and in low spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
3. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
4. What does the father want to do with the food that he and his son find in the nice house?
5. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)