|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, the father and son come to a nice house -- why does the father worry about going inside?
(a) They will waste too much time.
(b) The three people they met earlier may be inside.
(c) The house could have traps.
(d) There are dead bodies inside the house.
2. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Thirty miles.
(c) Fifty miles.
(d) Hundred miles.
3. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
(b) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
(c) About where they should head next on their journey.
(d) About how the world used to before.
4. How does the son feel about his father going in the ocean?
5. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
(b) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
(c) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
(d) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
6. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
(a) His cough is getting bad.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) He cannot walk.
(d) His vision is getting blurry.
7. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
(a) Five days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
8. How are the father and son feeling when they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) Sick to their stomachs and in low spirits.
(b) They have full stomachs and are in high spirits.
(c) Tired and anxious.
(d) Upset with each other because the son wants to stay.
9. After setting up camp, the father wakes up and the son is gone; after looking for him, what does the father see the son doing?
(a) Sitting in an abandoned car.
(b) Rushing across the field.
(c) Eating berries from a nearby bush.
(d) Bathing in a nearby creek.
10. What does the father swim out to inspect while the son stays on the beach?
(a) An abandoned boat.
(b) A floating body.
(c) A person drowning.
(d) An abandoned life raft.
11. How does the son feel about entering the nice house?
12. Where do the father and son travel to after leaving the gas station?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An old amusement park.
(c) The train station.
(d) The beach.
13. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) They will find food.
(b) They are not going to die.
(c) That they are almost to safety.
(d) That snow will keep them strong.
14. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
(a) He pulls out his gun.
(b) He begs with them to spare his son's life.
(c) He beats the men up.
(d) He asks them nicely to please leave.
15. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
2. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
3. What does the son do while at the location after the gas station?
4. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
5. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)