|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
(a) An old woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A boy.
(d) A girl.
2. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any lights.
(b) He does not see any people.
(c) He does not see any cars.
(d) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
3. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
4. At the end of Chapter 8, what does the father cough up?
5. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
6. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
7. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) To help them if they get lost.
(b) So fellow travelers can follow them.
(c) To help ward off wild animals.
(d) So no one can know exactly where they are.
8. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him yes.
(b) He tells him no.
(c) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
(d) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
9. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house of the father's best friend.
(b) The house where the father grew up.
(c) The house where the son's mother grew up.
(d) The house where the son was born.
10. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
11. How does the father recognize their destination?
(a) He knows it from his wife's description.
(b) He has a feeling that it is the right place.
(c) He knows it from when he was a boy.
(d) He knows it from his father's description.
12. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Pepsi.
(b) A can of Coke.
(c) A can of Mountain Dew.
(d) A can of Dr. Pepper.
13. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
14. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
(a) Boating with his uncle on a lake.
(b) His dad taking him fishing.
(c) Playing with his friends on a lake.
(d) His mother baking pies.
15. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Hallow.
(b) The Point.
(c) The Valley.
(d) The Gap.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
2. What do the father and son find inside a trailer along the road?
3. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
4. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
5. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)