|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
(a) Human hands.
(b) Human feet.
(c) Human scalps.
(d) Human heads.
2. After the father and son make cakes, where do they sleep for the night?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In a trailer.
(c) In an abandoned house.
(d) In an old car.
3. After leaving the woods, the father and son come to a road -- what does the father call this road?
(a) The Forgotten roads.
(b) The States roads.
(c) The Black roads.
(d) The Endless roads.
4. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
5. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
(a) The father does not want the son to hear him coughing.
(b) The father is crying and does not want the son to hear.
(c) The father is looking for food.
(d) The father is looking for water.
6. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
(a) A basketball.
(c) His mother's necklace.
(d) An old pair of shoes.
7. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) An extra tarp.
(b) Better wheels.
(c) Better traction.
(d) A sled runner.
8. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
(a) How thin his son is getting.
(b) How tired his son is getting.
(c) How sad his son is getting.
(d) How sick his son is getting.
9. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
(a) They start looking for food.
(b) They break into an abandoned hotel.
(c) They scavenge for money and goods.
(d) They set up camp and fall asleep.
10. After looking for things to enhance their cart, what do the father and son do?
(c) Drink from a stream.
(d) Have a nice talk.
11. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
(a) She's hurt.
(b) She's dead.
(c) She's healthy and happy.
(d) She's alone and pregnant.
12. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
(a) His childhood.
(b) A woman he once knew.
(c) A nightmare of his son being killed.
(d) His wife's suicide.
13. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
(a) His father dying.
(b) His mother's suicide.
(c) Freezing to death.
(d) A toy penguin.
14. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
(a) The impenetrable rain.
(b) The impenetrable future.
(c) The impenetrable blackness.
(d) The impenetrable sunshine.
15. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) Two cows and a goat.
(b) Three bodies hanging.
(c) A horse.
(d) One body hanging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
2. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
3. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
4. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
5. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)