|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
(a) Human scalps.
(b) Human feet.
(c) Human heads.
(d) Human hands.
2. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A gun.
(b) A small child crying.
(c) A dead, dried-up body.
(d) A starving dog.
3. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they do still exist.
(b) That they are important.
(c) That they do not exist anymore.
(d) That they are slowly dwindling.
4. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) A horse.
(b) One body hanging.
(c) Two cows and a goat.
(d) Three bodies hanging.
5. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) Acorns and roots.
6. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The snow is getting worse.
(b) The rain is falling too heavily.
(c) The cart is falling apart.
(d) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
7. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
8. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A creek.
(c) A river.
(d) A dead body.
9. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
10. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any people.
(b) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(c) He does not see any cars.
(d) He does not see any lights.
11. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father starts yelling at the other person.
(b) The father shoots the other person.
(c) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(d) The father drags his son out of the village.
12. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His wife's suicide.
(c) A woman he once knew.
(d) A nightmare of his son being killed.
13. At the end of Chapter 8, what does the father cough up?
14. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A teardrop.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A raindrop.
(d) A snowflake.
15. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
(a) The father pulls out a knife.
(b) The father tells the son to run.
(c) The father gets ready to jump on the man.
(d) The father pulls out a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
2. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
3. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
4. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
5. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)