|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) To help them if they get lost.
(b) So fellow travelers can follow them.
(c) So no one can know exactly where they are.
(d) To help ward off wild animals.
2. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house where the father grew up.
(b) The house of the father's best friend.
(c) The house where the son's mother grew up.
(d) The house where the son was born.
3. What season is approaching that has the father worried?
4. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could get sick.
(b) They could finally cool off.
(c) They could die.
(d) They could slip and fall.
5. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
(a) The man grabs the son and puts a knife to his throat.
(b) The man gives the son a drink of water.
(c) The man shoves the son out of the way.
(d) The man chases after the son.
6. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father starts yelling at the other person.
(b) The father shoots the other person.
(c) The father drags his son out of the village.
(d) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
7. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has been beaten.
(b) The man is starving to death.
(c) The man has been struck by lightning.
(d) The man has severe frostbite.
8. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they are important.
(b) That they do still exist.
(c) That they are slowly dwindling.
(d) That they do not exist anymore.
9. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
(a) His mother baking pies.
(b) Playing with his friends on a lake.
(c) His dad taking him fishing.
(d) Boating with his uncle on a lake.
10. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
11. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Point.
(b) The Hallow.
(c) The Gap.
(d) The Valley.
12. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
13. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
(a) A forest fire.
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) The trees begin to fall.
(d) Men with guns.
14. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
(a) He beats the man to death.
(b) He stabs the man in the chest.
(c) He shoots the man in the chest.
(d) He shoots the man in the head.
15. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(a) Acorns and roots.
(c) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
2. After leaving the woods, the father and son come to a road -- what does the father call this road?
3. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the father claim about the men of the world?
5. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)