|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) He is starving and has frostbite.
(b) His arm is broken.
(c) He is bleeding.
(d) He is limping and his body is burnt.
2. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
(a) His dad taking him fishing.
(b) Boating with his uncle on a lake.
(c) Playing with his friends on a lake.
(d) His mother baking pies.
3. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
(a) They move on.
(b) They call for help.
(c) They build a fire.
(d) They stop and rest.
4. As the son becomes even colder, what does he ask his father about again?
(a) If they can build a bigger fire.
(b) For more food.
(c) If they are dying.
(d) For a better coat.
5. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any cars.
(b) He does not see any people.
(c) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(d) He does not see any lights.
6. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He makes up new ones.
(c) He gets embarrassed.
(d) He makes the son look for firewood.
7. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
8. What does the son think is close by the barn?
9. What does the father do to the son after they come upon the thing in the doorway?
(a) Reassures the son.
(b) Yells at the son to look away.
(c) Yells at the son to run.
(d) Pushes the son out of the way.
10. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) Two cows and a goat.
(b) One body hanging.
(c) A horse.
(d) Three bodies hanging.
11. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Point.
(b) The Valley.
(c) The Gap.
(d) The Hallow.
12. After the father and son make cakes, where do they sleep for the night?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In an abandoned house.
(c) In an old car.
(d) In a trailer.
13. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In a bush.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) Behind a large tree.
(d) In an abandoned car.
14. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) To help ward off wild animals.
(b) So no one can know exactly where they are.
(c) To help them if they get lost.
(d) So fellow travelers can follow them.
15. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
2. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
3. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
5. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)