|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A new cart.
(d) A can of soup.
2. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They rest.
(b) They wash themselves.
(c) They sit and watch the birds.
(d) They talk about their journey so far.
3. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(b) The father helps the man.
(c) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(d) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
4. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is dismayed.
5. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) An extra tarp.
(b) A sled runner.
(c) Better traction.
(d) Better wheels.
6. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
(a) Dirt and tar.
(c) Ash and dust.
7. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house where the son was born.
(b) The house where the son's mother grew up.
(c) The house where the father grew up.
(d) The house of the father's best friend.
8. What does the father use to make wrappings for himself and his son's feet?
(a) Pieces of bark and tape.
(b) An old shirt and rope.
(c) An old coat and bits of tarp.
(d) Giant leaves with twine.
9. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him no.
(b) He tells him yes.
(c) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
(d) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
10. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
(a) Human feet.
(b) Human hands.
(c) Human scalps.
(d) Human heads.
11. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they do not exist anymore.
(b) That they are important.
(c) That they are slowly dwindling.
(d) That they do still exist.
12. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
13. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A raindrop.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A teardrop.
(d) A snowflake.
14. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
15. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
(a) He shoots the man in the head.
(b) He stabs the man in the chest.
(c) He beats the man to death.
(d) He shoots the man in the chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
2. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
3. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
4. What type of games do the father and son play?
5. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)