|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Looking over his child as he sleeps.
(b) Preparing dinner for his child.
(c) Walking down a deserted road.
2. After looking for things to enhance their cart, what do the father and son do?
(b) Drink from a stream.
(d) Have a nice talk.
3. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A park.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A bridge.
4. What does the father use to make wrappings for himself and his son's feet?
(a) An old shirt and rope.
(b) Giant leaves with twine.
(c) Pieces of bark and tape.
(d) An old coat and bits of tarp.
5. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
(c) Fur coats.
(d) Gas masks.
6. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
(a) Right before they started their road trip.
(b) When the son was born.
(c) After they had gotten in a fight.
(d) When the son was two.
7. What do the father and child use to carry their possessions?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A cart.
(d) A van.
8. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
(a) An abandoned gas station.
(b) An abandoned hospital.
(c) An abandoned hotel.
(d) An abandoned grocery store.
9. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Hallow.
(b) The Gap.
(c) The Valley.
(d) The Point.
10. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) How long his son can last.
(b) If he should shoot himself.
(c) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(d) How long he can last.
11. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
12. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) A ham.
(b) A pound of bacon.
(c) A leg of lamb.
(d) Rib steaks.
13. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
(c) Rice and beans.
(d) Ham and potatoes.
14. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
15. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's windy.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) It's sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
2. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
3. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
4. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
5. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)