|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
2. How does the father recognize their destination?
(a) He knows it from when he was a boy.
(b) He knows it from his wife's description.
(c) He knows it from his father's description.
(d) He has a feeling that it is the right place.
3. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any people.
(b) He does not see any lights.
(c) He does not see any cars.
(d) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
4. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In a house.
(c) In a trailer.
5. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) Rib steaks.
(b) A ham.
(c) A pound of bacon.
(d) A leg of lamb.
6. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
7. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
(a) They stop and rest.
(b) They call for help.
(c) They move on.
(d) They build a fire.
8. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father shoots the other person.
(b) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(c) The father starts yelling at the other person.
(d) The father drags his son out of the village.
9. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could finally cool off.
(b) They could get sick.
(c) They could die.
(d) They could slip and fall.
10. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
(a) The father pulls out a gun.
(b) The father tells the son to run.
(c) The father pulls out a knife.
(d) The father gets ready to jump on the man.
11. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
12. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) He is starving and has frostbite.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) He is limping and his body is burnt.
(d) His arm is broken.
13. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
(a) She's alone and pregnant.
(b) She's dead.
(c) She's hurt.
(d) She's healthy and happy.
14. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
(a) A girl.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A boy.
15. What season is approaching that has the father worried?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
2. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
3. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
4. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
5. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)