|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father use to make wrappings for himself and his son's feet?
(a) An old shirt and rope.
(b) An old coat and bits of tarp.
(c) Giant leaves with twine.
(d) Pieces of bark and tape.
2. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His sister's house.
(b) His old house.
(c) His friend's house.
(d) His brother's house.
3. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
(a) How tired his son is getting.
(b) How sad his son is getting.
(c) How sick his son is getting.
(d) How thin his son is getting.
4. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
(a) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
5. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In an abandoned car.
(b) Behind a large tree.
(c) In a bush.
(d) In a ditch.
6. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The cart is falling apart.
(b) The rain is falling too heavily.
(c) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(d) The snow is getting worse.
7. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
(a) The plains.
(b) The desert.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The ocean.
8. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A burned out bus.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A jackknifed truck.
9. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A teardrop.
(b) A snowflake.
(c) A raindrop.
(d) A leaf.
10. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A girl.
(d) A boy.
11. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) Two cows and a goat.
(b) One body hanging.
(c) Three bodies hanging.
(d) A horse.
12. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They talk about their journey so far.
(b) They sit and watch the birds.
(c) They wash themselves.
(d) They rest.
13. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
14. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
(a) Wild dogs.
(d) Army trucks.
15. What type of games do the father and son play?
(b) Board games.
(c) Hide and seek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
2. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
4. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
5. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)