|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
(a) An abandoned grocery store.
(b) An abandoned gas station.
(c) An abandoned hotel.
(d) An abandoned hospital.
2. What do the father and child use to carry their possessions?
(a) A van.
(b) A cart.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A wagon.
3. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
(a) A girl.
(b) A boy.
(c) An old woman.
(d) An old man.
4. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(b) The father helps the man.
(c) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(d) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
5. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The cart is falling apart.
(b) The snow is getting worse.
(c) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(d) The rain is falling too heavily.
6. As the son becomes even colder, what does he ask his father about again?
(a) If they are dying.
(b) If they can build a bigger fire.
(c) For a better coat.
(d) For more food.
7. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
(a) Large leaves.
(c) Pieces of cloth.
8. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A jackknifed truck.
(b) A burned out bus.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A dead body.
9. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house where the son was born.
(b) The house where the father grew up.
(c) The house of the father's best friend.
(d) The house where the son's mother grew up.
10. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) An extra tarp.
(b) Better wheels.
(c) A sled runner.
(d) Better traction.
11. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
12. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
(a) Dirt and tar.
(c) Ash and dust.
13. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His friend's house.
(c) His sister's house.
(d) His old house.
14. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) In a house.
(c) In a trailer.
(d) In a hotel.
15. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
(a) It was his worst memory of his childhood.
(b) It was the perfect time of his childhood.
(c) It is his only memory from his childhood.
(d) It is his only happy memory from his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
2. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the father claim about the men of the world?
4. After the father and son make cakes, where do they sleep for the night?
5. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)