|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
(a) His wife.
(b) The other woman.
(c) His son.
(d) His own death.
2. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
(a) Wild dogs.
(d) Army trucks.
3. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Dr. Pepper.
(b) A can of Pepsi.
(c) A can of Coke.
(d) A can of Mountain Dew.
4. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
(a) He beats the man to death.
(b) He shoots the man in the head.
(c) He stabs the man in the chest.
(d) He shoots the man in the chest.
5. What type of games do the father and son play?
(a) Board games.
(b) Hide and seek.
6. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
7. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
(a) The impenetrable future.
(b) The impenetrable blackness.
(c) The impenetrable rain.
(d) The impenetrable sunshine.
8. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
(b) Ham and potatoes.
(c) Rice and beans.
9. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) A horse.
(b) Two cows and a goat.
(c) Three bodies hanging.
(d) One body hanging.
10. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's windy.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) It's sunny.
11. What season is approaching that has the father worried?
12. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) A raindrop.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A teardrop.
13. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(b) If he should shoot himself.
(c) How long his son can last.
(d) How long he can last.
14. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Hallow.
(b) The Point.
(c) The Gap.
(d) The Valley.
15. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) A pound of bacon.
(b) A ham.
(c) A leg of lamb.
(d) Rib steaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
2. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
3. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
4. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
5. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)