|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the father recognize their destination?
(a) He knows it from when he was a boy.
(b) He knows it from his wife's description.
(c) He knows it from his father's description.
(d) He has a feeling that it is the right place.
2. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
(a) They scavenge for money and goods.
(b) They set up camp and fall asleep.
(c) They break into an abandoned hotel.
(d) They start looking for food.
3. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
(b) Ash and dust.
(d) Dirt and tar.
4. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A dead, dried-up body.
(b) A starving dog.
(c) A gun.
(d) A small child crying.
5. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
6. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
(a) She's dead.
(b) She's hurt.
(c) She's alone and pregnant.
(d) She's healthy and happy.
7. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(b) A rabbit.
(d) Acorns and roots.
8. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) He is limping and his body is burnt.
(c) His arm is broken.
(d) He is starving and has frostbite.
9. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father drags his son out of the village.
(b) The father shoots the other person.
(c) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(d) The father starts yelling at the other person.
10. What type of games do the father and son play?
(b) Board games.
(c) Hide and seek.
11. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is too windy.
(c) They are tired.
(d) It is snowing.
12. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His old house.
(c) His friend's house.
(d) His sister's house.
13. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could finally cool off.
(b) They could slip and fall.
(c) They could get sick.
(d) They could die.
14. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's windy.
(b) It's raining.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) It's sunny.
15. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 12:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
2. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
3. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
4. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
5. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)