|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His friend's house.
(c) His old house.
(d) His sister's house.
2. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
3. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
(a) He is badly burned.
(b) He has been shot.
(c) His leg is broken.
(d) The snow reaches his knees.
4. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
(a) His wife's suicide.
(b) His childhood.
(c) A woman he once knew.
(d) A nightmare of his son being killed.
5. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He makes up new ones.
(c) He gets embarrassed.
(d) He makes the son look for firewood.
6. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is dismayed.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is happy.
7. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A can of soup.
(c) A new cart.
(d) A pair of shoes.
8. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(b) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(c) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(d) The father helps the man.
9. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
10. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) So fellow travelers can follow them.
(b) To help them if they get lost.
(c) So no one can know exactly where they are.
(d) To help ward off wild animals.
11. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father starts yelling at the other person.
(b) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(c) The father drags his son out of the village.
(d) The father shoots the other person.
12. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(b) A rabbit.
(d) Acorns and roots.
13. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the father claim about the men of the world?
(a) There are no godly men left.
(b) The only men left are good men.
(c) The men of the world are defeated.
(d) He is the only man left who's sane.
14. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
(a) A river.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A creek.
(d) An apple tree.
15. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) How long his son can last.
(b) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(c) If he should shoot himself.
(d) How long he can last.
Short Answer Questions
1. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
2. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
3. After looking for things to enhance their cart, what do the father and son do?
4. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
5. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)