|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Hallow.
(b) The Valley.
(c) The Gap.
(d) The Point.
2. After looking for things to enhance their cart, what do the father and son do?
(b) Drink from a stream.
(c) Have a nice talk.
3. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
(a) The desert.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The plains.
4. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
(a) A dead animal.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) Fresh footprints.
5. What season is approaching that has the father worried?
6. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) A forest fire.
(c) The trees begin to fall.
(d) Men with guns.
7. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
8. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house where the father grew up.
(b) The house of the father's best friend.
(c) The house where the son was born.
(d) The house where the son's mother grew up.
9. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) He is limping and his body is burnt.
(b) He is starving and has frostbite.
(c) His arm is broken.
(d) He is bleeding.
10. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
11. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
12. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
13. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(b) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(c) The father helps the man.
(d) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
14. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
15. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) To help them if they get lost.
(b) So fellow travelers can follow them.
(c) So no one can know exactly where they are.
(d) To help ward off wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
2. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
3. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
4. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
5. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)