|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
2. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
(a) Human scalps.
(b) Human heads.
(c) Human feet.
(d) Human hands.
3. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has been beaten.
(b) The man has severe frostbite.
(c) The man has been struck by lightning.
(d) The man is starving to death.
4. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
(a) They are tired.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is too windy.
5. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In an abandoned car.
(b) In a bush.
(c) Behind a large tree.
(d) In a ditch.
6. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
(a) The father pulls out a knife.
(b) The father gets ready to jump on the man.
(c) The father tells the son to run.
(d) The father pulls out a gun.
7. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(b) The cart is falling apart.
(c) The snow is getting worse.
(d) The rain is falling too heavily.
8. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) Fresh footprints.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) A dead body.
9. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) How long he can last.
(b) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(c) How long his son can last.
(d) If he should shoot himself.
10. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Pepsi.
(b) A can of Coke.
(c) A can of Mountain Dew.
(d) A can of Dr. Pepper.
11. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(a) Acorns and roots.
(c) A rabbit.
12. What does the father do to the son after they come upon the thing in the doorway?
(a) Yells at the son to run.
(b) Pushes the son out of the way.
(c) Yells at the son to look away.
(d) Reassures the son.
13. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
(a) Men with guns.
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) A forest fire.
(d) The trees begin to fall.
14. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could finally cool off.
(b) They could slip and fall.
(c) They could get sick.
(d) They could die.
15. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A park.
(d) A grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of games do the father and son play?
2. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
3. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
4. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
5. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)