Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any people.
(b) He does not see any lights.
(c) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(d) He does not see any cars.
2. At the end of Chapter 8, what does the father cough up?
3. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
4. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A creek.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A river.
5. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
6. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Mountain Dew.
(b) A can of Dr. Pepper.
(c) A can of Pepsi.
(d) A can of Coke.
7. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
8. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
(a) Up in a tree.
(b) In a broken down van.
(c) Out of sight in the woods.
(d) In an old abandoned house.
9. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
(a) An old man.
(b) A boy.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A girl.
10. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
(a) Ham and potatoes.
(c) Rice and beans.
11. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's windy.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) It's sunny.
(d) It's raining.
12. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
(a) They scavenge for money and goods.
(b) They set up camp and fall asleep.
(c) They break into an abandoned hotel.
(d) They start looking for food.
13. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They wash themselves.
(b) They sit and watch the birds.
(c) They rest.
(d) They talk about their journey so far.
14. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
(a) Gas masks.
(d) Fur coats.
15. How does the father recognize their destination?
(a) He has a feeling that it is the right place.
(b) He knows it from his wife's description.
(c) He knows it from when he was a boy.
(d) He knows it from his father's description.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
2. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
3. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
4. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
5. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)