|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
(a) When the son was born.
(b) Right before they started their road trip.
(c) After they had gotten in a fight.
(d) When the son was two.
2. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) Better wheels.
(b) Better traction.
(c) A sled runner.
(d) An extra tarp.
3. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
(a) The other woman.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His own death.
4. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
(a) Dirt and tar.
(c) Ash and dust.
5. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
(a) Fur coats.
(d) Gas masks.
6. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
7. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
8. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
(a) His wife's suicide.
(b) His childhood.
(c) A woman he once knew.
(d) A nightmare of his son being killed.
9. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
(a) Up in a tree.
(b) In an old abandoned house.
(c) Out of sight in the woods.
(d) In a broken down van.
10. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(c) A rabbit.
(d) Acorns and roots.
11. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
12. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is dismayed.
(d) He is angry.
13. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
(a) A dead animal.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) Fresh footprints.
14. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) To help ward off wild animals.
(b) So fellow travelers can follow them.
(c) To help them if they get lost.
(d) So no one can know exactly where they are.
15. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
(a) The plains.
(b) The desert.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the son becoming increasingly cold?
2. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
3. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
4. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
5. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)