|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Valley.
(b) The Hallow.
(c) The Gap.
(d) The Point.
2. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
(a) An old pair of shoes.
(c) A basketball.
(d) His mother's necklace.
3. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is dismayed.
(d) He is happy.
4. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
5. What season is approaching that has the father worried?
6. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
(a) The father pulls out a knife.
(b) The father tells the son to run.
(c) The father gets ready to jump on the man.
(d) The father pulls out a gun.
7. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house of the father's best friend.
(b) The house where the son's mother grew up.
(c) The house where the father grew up.
(d) The house where the son was born.
8. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(a) Acorns and roots.
(b) A rabbit.
9. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
(a) They move on.
(b) They call for help.
(c) They stop and rest.
(d) They build a fire.
10. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
(a) The plains.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The desert.
(d) The ocean.
11. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
(a) It is too windy.
(b) It is raining.
(c) They are tired.
(d) It is snowing.
12. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
(a) The man gives the son a drink of water.
(b) The man chases after the son.
(c) The man grabs the son and puts a knife to his throat.
(d) The man shoves the son out of the way.
13. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In a bush.
(b) In an abandoned car.
(c) Behind a large tree.
(d) In a ditch.
14. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A teardrop.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A raindrop.
(d) A snowflake.
15. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
(a) Pieces of cloth.
(c) Large leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
2. As the son becomes even colder, what does he ask his father about again?
3. After looking for things to enhance their cart, what do the father and son do?
4. After leaving the woods, the father and son come to a road -- what does the father call this road?
5. After leaving the city, what direction do the father and son head?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)