|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A burned out bus.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A jackknifed truck.
2. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
3. After leaving the city, what direction do the father and son head?
4. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) In an abandoned car.
(c) Behind a large tree.
(d) In a bush.
5. How does the father recognize their destination?
(a) He knows it from his wife's description.
(b) He knows it from his father's description.
(c) He knows it from when he was a boy.
(d) He has a feeling that it is the right place.
6. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
(b) He tells him yes.
(c) He tells him no.
(d) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
7. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has been struck by lightning.
(b) The man is starving to death.
(c) The man has severe frostbite.
(d) The man has been beaten.
8. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
9. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) Rib steaks.
(b) A ham.
(c) A pound of bacon.
(d) A leg of lamb.
10. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
(a) It was the perfect time of his childhood.
(b) It was his worst memory of his childhood.
(c) It is his only happy memory from his childhood.
(d) It is his only memory from his childhood.
11. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(b) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(c) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(d) The father helps the man.
12. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
13. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
(a) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
14. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
(a) The impenetrable sunshine.
(b) The impenetrable blackness.
(c) The impenetrable rain.
(d) The impenetrable future.
15. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
(b) Fur coats.
(d) Gas masks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
2. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
3. After leaving the woods, the father and son come to a road -- what does the father call this road?
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the father claim about the men of the world?
5. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)