|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
2. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
3. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they are important.
(b) That they are slowly dwindling.
(c) That they do still exist.
(d) That they do not exist anymore.
4. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
(a) It is his only memory from his childhood.
(b) It is his only happy memory from his childhood.
(c) It was his worst memory of his childhood.
(d) It was the perfect time of his childhood.
5. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They wash themselves.
(b) They talk about their journey so far.
(c) They sit and watch the birds.
(d) They rest.
6. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
(a) The person runs away.
(b) The person runs up to the son.
(c) The person stops and stares and the son.
(d) The person starts yelling at the son.
7. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(b) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(c) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(d) The father helps the man.
8. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
(a) A park.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A grocery store.
9. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) He is limping and his body is burnt.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) He is starving and has frostbite.
(d) His arm is broken.
10. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
(a) A basketball.
(c) His mother's necklace.
(d) An old pair of shoes.
11. How does the father recognize their destination?
(a) He knows it from when he was a boy.
(b) He knows it from his wife's description.
(c) He has a feeling that it is the right place.
(d) He knows it from his father's description.
12. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
(a) He shoots the man in the chest.
(b) He stabs the man in the chest.
(c) He beats the man to death.
(d) He shoots the man in the head.
13. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The rain is falling too heavily.
(b) The cart is falling apart.
(c) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(d) The snow is getting worse.
14. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
15. What season is approaching that has the father worried?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
2. What does the son think is close by the barn?
3. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
4. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
5. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)