|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of games do the father and son play?
(c) Board games.
(d) Hide and seek.
2. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
3. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) Three bodies hanging.
(b) One body hanging.
(c) A horse.
(d) Two cows and a goat.
4. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
(a) The person starts yelling at the son.
(b) The person runs away.
(c) The person runs up to the son.
(d) The person stops and stares and the son.
5. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
6. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His sister's house.
(c) His friend's house.
(d) His old house.
7. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) Rib steaks.
(b) A ham.
(c) A pound of bacon.
(d) A leg of lamb.
8. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A river.
(c) A creek.
(d) An apple tree.
9. What does the son think is close by the barn?
10. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
(a) The impenetrable rain.
(b) The impenetrable future.
(c) The impenetrable sunshine.
(d) The impenetrable blackness.
11. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
(a) Ham and potatoes.
(d) Rice and beans.
12. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(b) How long he can last.
(c) How long his son can last.
(d) If he should shoot himself.
13. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's sunny.
(c) It's windy.
(d) It's snowing.
14. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they do not exist anymore.
(b) That they do still exist.
(c) That they are important.
(d) That they are slowly dwindling.
15. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
(a) Wild dogs.
(d) Army trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the father claim about the men of the world?
3. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
4. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
5. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)