|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son think is close by the barn?
2. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
3. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
(a) The desert.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The plains.
(d) The mountains.
4. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) Acorns and roots.
5. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
(a) A creek.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A river.
6. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they are slowly dwindling.
(b) That they do not exist anymore.
(c) That they do still exist.
(d) That they are important.
7. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
(a) It is his only memory from his childhood.
(b) It is his only happy memory from his childhood.
(c) It was his worst memory of his childhood.
(d) It was the perfect time of his childhood.
8. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A girl.
(d) A boy.
9. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him yes.
(b) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
(c) He tells him no.
(d) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
10. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) A pound of bacon.
(b) A ham.
(c) A leg of lamb.
(d) Rib steaks.
11. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
12. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A park.
13. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
(a) They scavenge for money and goods.
(b) They break into an abandoned hotel.
(c) They set up camp and fall asleep.
(d) They start looking for food.
14. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house where the son's mother grew up.
(b) The house of the father's best friend.
(c) The house where the father grew up.
(d) The house where the son was born.
15. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
2. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
3. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
4. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
5. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)