|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
(a) The desert.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The plains.
(d) The mountains.
2. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
(a) His mother's suicide.
(b) His father dying.
(c) A toy penguin.
(d) Freezing to death.
3. What do the father and son find that they use to make cakes?
4. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A gun.
(b) A small child crying.
(c) A dead, dried-up body.
(d) A starving dog.
5. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
(a) The man grabs the son and puts a knife to his throat.
(b) The man chases after the son.
(c) The man gives the son a drink of water.
(d) The man shoves the son out of the way.
6. As the son becomes even colder, what does he ask his father about again?
(a) For a better coat.
(b) If they are dying.
(c) If they can build a bigger fire.
(d) For more food.
7. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(b) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(c) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(d) The father helps the man.
8. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) Men with guns.
(c) A forest fire.
(d) The trees begin to fall.
9. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could slip and fall.
(b) They could finally cool off.
(c) They could die.
(d) They could get sick.
10. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
(a) It is his only happy memory from his childhood.
(b) It is his only memory from his childhood.
(c) It was his worst memory of his childhood.
(d) It was the perfect time of his childhood.
11. How does the father recognize their destination?
(a) He knows it from when he was a boy.
(b) He knows it from his father's description.
(c) He has a feeling that it is the right place.
(d) He knows it from his wife's description.
12. What do the father and son find inside a trailer along the road?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Boxes of food.
(c) Piles of clothes.
(d) Gallons of water.
13. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) In a trailer.
(b) In a house.
(d) In a hotel.
14. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
(a) When the son was two.
(b) When the son was born.
(c) Right before they started their road trip.
(d) After they had gotten in a fight.
15. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
(c) Rice and beans.
(d) Ham and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
2. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
3. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
4. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
5. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)