|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is dismayed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is relieved.
2. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
3. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
(a) A woman he once knew.
(b) His wife's suicide.
(c) A nightmare of his son being killed.
(d) His childhood.
4. After looking for things to enhance their cart, what do the father and son do?
(c) Drink from a stream.
(d) Have a nice talk.
5. What do the father and child use to carry their possessions?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A cart.
(c) A van.
(d) A wagon.
6. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has severe frostbite.
(b) The man has been beaten.
(c) The man has been struck by lightning.
(d) The man is starving to death.
7. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
(a) He makes up new ones.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He gets embarrassed.
(d) He makes the son look for firewood.
8. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They talk about their journey so far.
(b) They wash themselves.
(c) They sit and watch the birds.
(d) They rest.
9. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
(a) It was his worst memory of his childhood.
(b) It is his only happy memory from his childhood.
(c) It is his only memory from his childhood.
(d) It was the perfect time of his childhood.
10. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) In an abandoned car.
(c) In a bush.
(d) Behind a large tree.
11. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
(a) How sick his son is getting.
(b) How sad his son is getting.
(c) How tired his son is getting.
(d) How thin his son is getting.
12. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
(a) They are tired.
(b) It is too windy.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
13. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
(b) Rice and beans.
(d) Ham and potatoes.
14. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A small child crying.
(b) A dead, dried-up body.
(c) A starving dog.
(d) A gun.
15. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
(a) His wife.
(b) His own death.
(c) His son.
(d) The other woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
3. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
4. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
5. After the father and son make cakes, where do they sleep for the night?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)