|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 41-End.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the father claim about the men of the world?
(a) He is the only man left who's sane.
(b) The men of the world are defeated.
(c) There are no godly men left.
(d) The only men left are good men.
2. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) If he should shoot himself.
(b) How long he can last.
(c) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(d) How long his son can last.
3. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
(a) He has been shot.
(b) He is badly burned.
(c) The snow reaches his knees.
(d) His leg is broken.
4. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
(a) The father is looking for food.
(b) The father is crying and does not want the son to hear.
(c) The father is looking for water.
(d) The father does not want the son to hear him coughing.
5. A few days after meeting the thief, the father and son are walking through a town -- what does someone shoot at the father's leg?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A dart.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A needle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
2. How many days do the father and son stay in the nice house?
3. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What does the son do when the father leaves the thief beside the road?
5. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)