|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 41-End.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
(a) The men want the father and son's shoes.
(b) The men demand that the father hand over the son.
(c) The men ask what the father and son have in their cart.
(d) The men want the father and son to give them their clothes.
2. After looking for things to enhance their cart, what do the father and son do?
(a) Have a nice talk.
(d) Drink from a stream.
3. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(b) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
(c) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
(d) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
4. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
(a) Large leaves.
(b) Pieces of cloth.
5. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) It begins snowing.
(b) It begins hailing.
(c) The wind picks up.
(d) It begins raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What type of games do the father and son play?
3. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
4. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
5. How are the father and son feeling when they leave the hidden cellar?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)