|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 41-End.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
(b) About where they should head next on their journey.
(c) About how the world used to before.
(d) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
2. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
3. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
(b) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
(c) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(d) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
4. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) A leg of lamb.
(b) A ham.
(c) Rib steaks.
(d) A pound of bacon.
5. While the father has another coughing fit, what does he think about?
(a) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
2. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
3. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
4. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
5. As the son becomes even colder, what does he ask his father about again?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)