|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A small child crying.
(b) A gun.
(c) A dead, dried-up body.
(d) A starving dog.
2. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
(a) Dirt and tar.
(c) Ash and dust.
3. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
4. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
5. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
(a) Why the son is so excited.
(b) Why the son runs away.
(c) How his son can cry so easily.
(d) How much more the son can take.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
2. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
3. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
4. As the father leads the son to the hidden cellar, what does the father tell his son that good guys do not give in to?
5. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)