|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
(a) Corn seeds.
2. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
(c) Army trucks.
(d) Wild dogs.
3. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
(a) The snow reaches his knees.
(b) His leg is broken.
(c) He is badly burned.
(d) He has been shot.
4. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
(a) Human feet.
(b) Human scalps.
(c) Human hands.
(d) Human heads.
5. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
(b) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
(c) He tells him no.
(d) He tells him yes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
2. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
3. What does the father use to make wrappings for himself and his son's feet?
4. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
5. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)