|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
(a) The father pulls out a knife.
(b) The father pulls out a gun.
(c) The father tells the son to run.
(d) The father gets ready to jump on the man.
2. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(b) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
(c) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
(d) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
3. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
(a) Why the son runs away.
(b) How much more the son can take.
(c) How his son can cry so easily.
(d) Why the son is so excited.
4. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(b) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(c) The father helps the man.
(d) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
5. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's windy.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) It's sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
2. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
3. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
4. The father and son comb the beach -- what do they find?
5. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)