|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
(a) He reassures the son.
(b) He picks up the son and carries him.
(c) He yells at the son.
(d) He begs the son.
2. After the father and son run from the nice looking house and hide, how many people do they see walking towards the house?
3. How does the son feel about the beach?
(a) He wants to leave the beach tomorrow.
(b) He wants to stay at the beach.
(c) He wants to leave the beach immediately.
(d) He wants to stay a few days, but leave eventually.
4. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is dismayed.
5. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(b) He does not see any lights.
(c) He does not see any people.
(d) He does not see any cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
2. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
3. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
5. What does the son think is inside the nice house?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)