|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
2. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
(a) Army trucks.
(c) Wild dogs.
3. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Gap.
(b) The Point.
(c) The Valley.
(d) The Hallow.
4. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A burned out bus.
(b) A jackknifed truck.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A dead body.
5. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
(b) A couple candy bars.
(c) Root beer.
(d) A bag of chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
2. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
3. What do the father and child use to carry their possessions?
4. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
5. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)