|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
2. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Searches for food.
(b) The father keeps the fire going.
(c) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(d) Begins to cry quietly.
3. Why is the son becoming increasingly cold?
(a) He has no coat.
(b) It is windy.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is raining.
4. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
(a) How thin his son is getting.
(b) How sad his son is getting.
(c) How tired his son is getting.
(d) How sick his son is getting.
5. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A plate of food.
(b) A warm fire.
(c) A jug of water.
(d) A pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
2. While on the road, the father and son meet an old man -- what does the son beg his father to give the old man?
3. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
4. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
5. How does the father get the son to enter the nice house?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)