|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(b) The rain is falling too heavily.
(c) The snow is getting worse.
(d) The cart is falling apart.
2. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
(a) It is their worst night so far.
(b) It is their best night so far.
(c) They are almost to their destination.
(d) He does not know if he can go on.
3. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
4. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(b) The father shoots the other person.
(c) The father drags his son out of the village.
(d) The father starts yelling at the other person.
5. After leaving the nice house, the father and son come to a gas station -- what do they find there?
(a) A bag of chips.
(c) A couple candy bars.
(d) Root beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
2. What does the son think is close by the barn?
3. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
4. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
5. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)