|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
(b) About how the world used to before.
(c) About where they should head next on their journey.
(d) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
2. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A leaf.
(b) A teardrop.
(c) A snowflake.
(d) A raindrop.
3. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
4. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
(a) The father does not want the son to hear him coughing.
(b) The father is looking for water.
(c) The father is looking for food.
(d) The father is crying and does not want the son to hear.
5. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father starts yelling at the other person.
(b) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(c) The father drags his son out of the village.
(d) The father shoots the other person.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the beach, why does the father need to warm the son up with a fire and food?
2. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
3. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
4. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
5. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)