|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they are important.
(b) That they do still exist.
(c) That they do not exist anymore.
(d) That they are slowly dwindling.
2. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
(a) A nightmare of his son being killed.
(b) His childhood.
(c) A woman he once knew.
(d) His wife's suicide.
3. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Mountain Dew.
(b) A can of Coke.
(c) A can of Dr. Pepper.
(d) A can of Pepsi.
4. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
(a) Wild dogs.
(d) Army trucks.
5. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
(b) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
(c) He tells him yes.
(d) He tells him no.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
2. After leaving the woods, the father and son come to a road -- what does the father call this road?
3. While the father has another coughing fit, what does he think about?
4. What does the father say when he and his son enter the hidden cellar?
5. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)