|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Gap.
(b) The Point.
(c) The Valley.
(d) The Hallow.
2. Why is the son becoming increasingly cold?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) He has no coat.
(c) It is windy.
(d) It is raining.
3. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
(a) In an old abandoned house.
(b) Up in a tree.
(c) In a broken down van.
(d) Out of sight in the woods.
4. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
5. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
(a) The father is looking for water.
(b) The father does not want the son to hear him coughing.
(c) The father is looking for food.
(d) The father is crying and does not want the son to hear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the tool shed, the father uncovers a locked trap door to a hidden cellar -- how does the son react?
2. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
3. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
4. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
5. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)