|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
(a) The father tells him they will eat stuff from the cellar.
(b) The father tells the son they will not be going back to the hidden cellar.
(c) The father asks where the son has heard such a term.
(d) The father tells the son he cannot see the gun.
2. What does the father say when he and his son enter the hidden cellar?
(a) "Thank the lord."
(b) "Heaven help us."
(c) "This is the work of the devil."
(d) "Oh my god."
3. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His old house.
(b) His brother's house.
(c) His friend's house.
(d) His sister's house.
4. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
(a) They play cards.
(b) They organize the supplies.
(c) They wrestle.
(d) They take a bath.
5. Where do the father and son travel to after leaving the gas station?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The train station.
(c) The beach.
(d) An old amusement park.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the father claim about the men of the world?
3. What does the son do while at the location after the gas station?
4. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
5. How does the father recognize their destination?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)