|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
(a) The father gets ready to jump on the man.
(b) The father pulls out a gun.
(c) The father pulls out a knife.
(d) The father tells the son to run.
2. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) Better wheels.
(b) An extra tarp.
(c) Better traction.
(d) A sled runner.
3. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(a) A rabbit.
(d) Acorns and roots.
4. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
(b) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
(c) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
(d) Leave as quickly as possible.
5. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could finally cool off.
(b) They could slip and fall.
(c) They could die.
(d) They could get sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
2. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
3. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
4. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
5. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)