|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides asking his father to start a fire while under the bridge, what else does the son ask the father?
(a) Where they will head next.
(b) Why he did not shoot the people in the pantry.
(c) What they are going to eat for dinner.
(d) If they could not possibly have helped the people in the pantry.
2. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him no.
(b) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
(c) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
(d) He tells him yes.
3. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
(a) His father dying.
(b) His mother's suicide.
(c) A toy penguin.
(d) Freezing to death.
4. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
(a) A park.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A grocery store.
5. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Walking down a deserted road.
(b) Looking over his child as he sleeps.
(c) Preparing dinner for his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
2. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
3. While under the bridge, the son wants a fire, so why does the father not start one?
4. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
5. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)