|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) Card games.
(b) How tired and hungry he is.
(c) How he wishes he was back in the cellar.
(d) Spaceships and traveling to Mars.
2. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
3. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His friend's house.
(c) His old house.
(d) His sister's house.
4. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
5. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
(a) He is badly burned.
(b) The snow reaches his knees.
(c) He has been shot.
(d) His leg is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
3. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
4. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
5. How does the father recognize their destination?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)