|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) Two cows and a goat.
(b) Three bodies hanging.
(c) One body hanging.
(d) A horse.
2. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) The father keeps the fire going.
(b) Begins to cry quietly.
(c) Searches for food.
(d) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
3. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
(a) The person stops and stares and the son.
(b) The person runs up to the son.
(c) The person runs away.
(d) The person starts yelling at the son.
4. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) In a hotel.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a trailer.
5. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's sunny.
(b) It's raining.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) It's windy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
2. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
3. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
4. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
5. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)