|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
(a) They start looking for food.
(b) They set up camp and fall asleep.
(c) They break into an abandoned hotel.
(d) They scavenge for money and goods.
2. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him no.
(b) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
(c) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
(d) He tells him yes.
3. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(b) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(c) The father helps the man.
(d) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where do the father and son sleep?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) In the woods.
(c) Beside a creek.
(d) In an abandoned house.
5. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
(a) He is angry that the son likes the cellar so much.
(b) He is too bored sitting around in the hidden cellar.
(c) He wants to get back on the road and continue their journey.
(d) He thinks it would be dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
2. After leaving the hidden cellar and stopping for the night, the son asks the father a question -- how does the father answer?
3. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
4. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
5. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)