|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
(c) Gas masks.
(d) Fur coats.
2. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) A knife.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A hammer.
3. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
(a) A boy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A girl.
(d) An old man.
4. What does the son talk about as they leave the hidden cellar?
(a) How he wishes he was back in the cellar.
(b) Card games.
(c) Spaceships and traveling to Mars.
(d) How tired and hungry he is.
5. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Gap.
(b) The Hallow.
(c) The Valley.
(d) The Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
2. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
3. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
4. What does the father do to the son after they come upon the thing in the doorway?
5. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)