|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
(a) The man shoves the son out of the way.
(b) The man grabs the son and puts a knife to his throat.
(c) The man chases after the son.
(d) The man gives the son a drink of water.
2. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father starts yelling at the other person.
(b) The father drags his son out of the village.
(c) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(d) The father shoots the other person.
3. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
(a) Piles of bodies.
(b) Hundreds of tins of food and drink, heating, and a second room with a toilet.
(c) Baskets of apples and a bed.
(d) Piles of clothes and shoes.
4. What type of games do the father and son play?
(a) Board games.
(b) Hide and seek.
5. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In an abandoned car.
(b) Behind a large tree.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) In a bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
3. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
4. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
5. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)