|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
(a) How his son can cry so easily.
(b) Why the son is so excited.
(c) Why the son runs away.
(d) How much more the son can take.
2. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
3. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
(a) They play cards.
(b) They organize the supplies.
(c) They wrestle.
(d) They take a bath.
4. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A burned out bus.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A jackknifed truck.
5. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The rain is falling too heavily.
(b) The cart is falling apart.
(c) The snow is getting worse.
(d) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
2. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
3. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
4. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
5. As the son becomes even colder, what does he ask his father about again?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)