|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) If he should shoot himself.
(b) How long his son can last.
(c) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(d) How long he can last.
2. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
(a) Playing with his friends on a lake.
(b) His mother baking pies.
(c) His dad taking him fishing.
(d) Boating with his uncle on a lake.
3. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
(a) If they will ever have to eat a cat.
(b) If they will ever have to eat a dog.
(c) If they will ever have to eat a human.
(d) If they will ever have to eat a horse.
4. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
5. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
(a) A forest fire.
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) Men with guns.
(d) The trees begin to fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. After resting in the truck, the father and son find a house -- what does the father find in a tool shed?
2. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
3. Why does the father not want to stay in the hidden cellar?
4. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
5. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)