|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
(a) After they had gotten in a fight.
(b) When the son was born.
(c) Right before they started their road trip.
(d) When the son was two.
2. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
(b) Wild dogs.
(d) Army trucks.
3. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
4. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
(a) He makes the son look for firewood.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He makes up new ones.
(d) He gets embarrassed.
5. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A small child crying.
(b) A gun.
(c) A dead, dried-up body.
(d) A starving dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
2. What does the father use to make wrappings for himself and his son's feet?
3. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
4. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
5. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)