|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any people.
(b) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(c) He does not see any lights.
(d) He does not see any cars.
2. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
(a) It is his only happy memory from his childhood.
(b) It is his only memory from his childhood.
(c) It was the perfect time of his childhood.
(d) It was his worst memory of his childhood.
3. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A starving dog.
(b) A small child crying.
(c) A dead, dried-up body.
(d) A gun.
4. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
(a) He has been shot.
(b) The snow reaches his knees.
(c) He is badly burned.
(d) His leg is broken.
5. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A can of soup.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A new cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
2. How does the father recognize their destination?
3. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
4. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
5. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)