|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Mountain Dew.
(b) A can of Coke.
(c) A can of Pepsi.
(d) A can of Dr. Pepper.
2. Why is the son becoming increasingly cold?
(a) It is raining.
(b) He has no coat.
(c) It is windy.
(d) It is snowing.
3. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) They are tired.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is too windy.
4. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could finally cool off.
(b) They could get sick.
(c) They could slip and fall.
(d) They could die.
5. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
(a) The person runs away.
(b) The person starts yelling at the son.
(c) The person stops and stares and the son.
(d) The person runs up to the son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
3. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
4. After passing the stone wall, what do the father and son hear that makes them hide?
5. After leaving the woods, the father and son come to a road -- what does the father call this road?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)