|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
(a) The impenetrable sunshine.
(b) The impenetrable rain.
(c) The impenetrable future.
(d) The impenetrable blackness.
2. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
(a) A creek.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A river.
3. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
(a) The snow reaches his knees.
(b) He has been shot.
(c) He is badly burned.
(d) His leg is broken.
4. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Gap.
(b) The Hallow.
(c) The Valley.
(d) The Point.
5. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A raindrop.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A teardrop.
(d) A snowflake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
2. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
3. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
4. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
5. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)