|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father and son come to a stone wall -- what is hanging from the wall?
(a) Human feet.
(b) Human scalps.
(c) Human heads.
(d) Human hands.
2. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) A forest fire.
(c) The trees begin to fall.
(d) Men with guns.
3. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) A leg of lamb.
(b) A pound of bacon.
(c) Rib steaks.
(d) A ham.
4. At the end of Chapter 8, what does the father cough up?
5. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
(a) The father is looking for water.
(b) The father is crying and does not want the son to hear.
(c) The father is looking for food.
(d) The father does not want the son to hear him coughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
2. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
3. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
4. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
5. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)