|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
(a) They are tired.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is too windy.
2. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(b) The rain is falling too heavily.
(c) The snow is getting worse.
(d) The cart is falling apart.
3. The son asks the father if they are going to die -- what is the father's reply?
(a) He tells him not to ask silly questions.
(b) He tells him yes.
(c) He tells him no.
(d) He tells him he does not know if they will live or die.
4. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father starts yelling at the other person.
(b) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(c) The father drags his son out of the village.
(d) The father shoots the other person.
5. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father helps the man.
(b) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(c) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(d) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and child use to carry their possessions?
2. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
3. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
4. At the end of Chapter 10, what do the father and son find?
5. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)