|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any lights.
(b) He does not see any cars.
(c) He does not see any people.
(d) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
2. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 12:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
3. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has been struck by lightning.
(b) The man has been beaten.
(c) The man is starving to death.
(d) The man has severe frostbite.
4. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) In a trailer.
(b) In a house.
(c) In a hotel.
5. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
(a) They are tired.
(b) It is too windy.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
2. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
3. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
4. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
5. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)