|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) Better traction.
(b) A sled runner.
(c) Better wheels.
(d) An extra tarp.
2. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's snowing.
(b) It's raining.
(c) It's windy.
(d) It's sunny.
3. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house where the father grew up.
(b) The house of the father's best friend.
(c) The house where the son was born.
(d) The house where the son's mother grew up.
4. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
(a) It is too windy.
(b) They are tired.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
5. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A jackknifed truck.
(c) A burned out bus.
(d) A dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
2. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
3. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
4. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
5. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)