|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As it becomes increasingly cold, what does the father begin to wonder?
(a) If he should shoot himself.
(b) How long he can last.
(c) If he should shoot his son to end his misery.
(d) How long his son can last.
2. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
(a) The man shoves the son out of the way.
(b) The man chases after the son.
(c) The man gives the son a drink of water.
(d) The man grabs the son and puts a knife to his throat.
3. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
(a) In an old abandoned house.
(b) In a broken down van.
(c) Out of sight in the woods.
(d) Up in a tree.
4. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is dismayed.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is angry.
5. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In an abandoned car.
(b) Behind a large tree.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) In a bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along the road, the father and son spy a group of people climbing out of a truck -- what are the people wearing?
2. Why is the son becoming increasingly cold?
3. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
4. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)