|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
2. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
(b) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
3. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A starving dog.
(b) A dead, dried-up body.
(c) A small child crying.
(d) A gun.
4. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could get sick.
(b) They could finally cool off.
(c) They could die.
(d) They could slip and fall.
5. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
(a) An abandoned grocery store.
(b) An abandoned gas station.
(c) An abandoned hospital.
(d) An abandoned hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
2. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
3. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
4. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
5. After leaving the city, what direction do the father and son head?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)