|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
(a) The father is crying and does not want the son to hear.
(b) The father is looking for water.
(c) The father is looking for food.
(d) The father does not want the son to hear him coughing.
2. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(b) The father helps the man.
(c) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(d) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
3. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
4. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
(a) The person runs up to the son.
(b) The person stops and stares and the son.
(c) The person runs away.
(d) The person starts yelling at the son.
5. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
2. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
3. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
4. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
5. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)