|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
(a) Right before they started their road trip.
(b) When the son was two.
(c) After they had gotten in a fight.
(d) When the son was born.
2. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
(a) They set up camp and fall asleep.
(b) They break into an abandoned hotel.
(c) They scavenge for money and goods.
(d) They start looking for food.
3. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
(a) A basketball.
(b) His mother's necklace.
(c) An old pair of shoes.
4. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
(a) He makes up new ones.
(b) He gets embarrassed.
(c) He makes the son look for firewood.
(d) He gets angry.
5. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
(a) The man gives the son a drink of water.
(b) The man grabs the son and puts a knife to his throat.
(c) The man chases after the son.
(d) The man shoves the son out of the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
2. What lands on the son's hand at the end of Chapter 4?
3. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
4. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
5. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)