|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
(a) His mother's necklace.
(b) An old pair of shoes.
(d) A basketball.
2. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
(a) When the son was two.
(b) Right before they started their road trip.
(c) After they had gotten in a fight.
(d) When the son was born.
3. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any people.
(b) He does not see any lights.
(c) He does not see any cars.
(d) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
4. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is dismayed.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is angry.
5. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
(a) He shoots the man in the head.
(b) He beats the man to death.
(c) He shoots the man in the chest.
(d) He stabs the man in the chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
2. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
3. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
4. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
5. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)