|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) A ham.
(b) A pound of bacon.
(c) Rib steaks.
(d) A leg of lamb.
2. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could get sick.
(b) They could die.
(c) They could finally cool off.
(d) They could slip and fall.
3. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) Better wheels.
(b) Better traction.
(c) A sled runner.
(d) An extra tarp.
4. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
5. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(b) He does not see any people.
(c) He does not see any cars.
(d) He does not see any lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
2. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
3. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
5. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)