|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
(a) They break into an abandoned hotel.
(b) They start looking for food.
(c) They set up camp and fall asleep.
(d) They scavenge for money and goods.
2. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) Better traction.
(b) Better wheels.
(c) A sled runner.
(d) An extra tarp.
3. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
(a) She's healthy and happy.
(b) She's dead.
(c) She's hurt.
(d) She's alone and pregnant.
4. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
(b) His mother's necklace.
(c) An old pair of shoes.
(d) A basketball.
5. What do the father and child use to carry their possessions?
(a) A cart.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A van.
(d) A wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
4. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
5. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)