|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
(a) His mother's necklace.
(b) A basketball.
(c) An old pair of shoes.
2. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The cart is falling apart.
(b) The snow is getting worse.
(c) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(d) The rain is falling too heavily.
3. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
4. What do the father and son find inside a barn?
(a) One body hanging.
(b) Three bodies hanging.
(c) A horse.
(d) Two cows and a goat.
5. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
(a) Large leaves.
(d) Pieces of cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is approaching that has the father worried?
2. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
3. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
4. How does the father recognize their destination?
5. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)