|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
(a) He makes up new ones.
(b) He makes the son look for firewood.
(c) He gets embarrassed.
(d) He gets angry.
2. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) A forest fire.
(c) The trees begin to fall.
(d) Men with guns.
3. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A burned out bus.
(d) A jackknifed truck.
4. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
5. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(b) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(c) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(d) The father helps the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
2. What is unusual about the door to the house in Chapter 36?
3. After the father and son run from the nice looking house and hide, how many people do they see walking towards the house?
4. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
5. In Chapter 36, the father and son come to a nice house -- why does the father worry about going inside?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)