|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father starts yelling at the other person.
(b) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(c) The father drags his son out of the village.
(d) The father shoots the other person.
2. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
(a) A rat.
(b) An infant.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What does the father make with some bottles and gasoline?
(a) A fire.
4. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) He is starving and has frostbite.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) His arm is broken.
(d) He is limping and his body is burnt.
5. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
(a) They are almost to their destination.
(b) It is their best night so far.
(c) It is their worst night so far.
(d) He does not know if he can go on.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
2. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
4. After setting up camp, the father wakes up and the son is gone; after looking for him, what does the father see the son doing?
5. While the father has another coughing fit, what does he think about?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)