|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
2. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Leave as quickly as possible.
(b) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
(c) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
(d) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
3. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
(a) A rabbit.
(c) A baby.
4. What does the father swim out to inspect while the son stays on the beach?
(a) An abandoned boat.
(b) A floating body.
(c) An abandoned life raft.
(d) A person drowning.
5. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A new cart.
(c) A can of soup.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
2. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
3. Near the tool shed, the father uncovers a locked trap door to a hidden cellar -- how does the son react?
4. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
5. When the father and son stop for the night after leaving the hidden cellar, what does the son ask the father?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)