|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
(a) How sick his son is getting.
(b) How tired his son is getting.
(c) How thin his son is getting.
(d) How sad his son is getting.
2. What has happened to the woman that the father has a dream about?
(a) She's alone and pregnant.
(b) She's dead.
(c) She's healthy and happy.
(d) She's hurt.
3. What does the father claim could happen to himself and his son if they get wet?
(a) They could die.
(b) They could slip and fall.
(c) They could get sick.
(d) They could finally cool off.
4. What does the father swim out to inspect while the son stays on the beach?
(a) A person drowning.
(b) An abandoned boat.
(c) A floating body.
(d) An abandoned life raft.
5. In Chapter 36, the father and son come to a nice house -- why does the father worry about going inside?
(a) There are dead bodies inside the house.
(b) The three people they met earlier may be inside.
(c) The house could have traps.
(d) They will waste too much time.
Short Answer Questions
1. While under the bridge, the son wants a fire, so why does the father not start one?
2. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
3. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
4. What does the son think is close by the barn?
5. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)