|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father say when he and his son enter the hidden cellar?
(a) "This is the work of the devil."
(b) "Thank the lord."
(c) "Oh my god."
(d) "Heaven help us."
2. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They wash themselves.
(b) They talk about their journey so far.
(c) They rest.
(d) They sit and watch the birds.
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the father claim about the men of the world?
(a) The men of the world are defeated.
(b) He is the only man left who's sane.
(c) There are no godly men left.
(d) The only men left are good men.
4. Despite his son's protests, what does the father do to the son after the person approaches him in the inhabited village?
(a) The father asks the other person to join them on their journey.
(b) The father shoots the other person.
(c) The father drags his son out of the village.
(d) The father starts yelling at the other person.
5. The old man that the father and son meet on the road stays with them for the night -- what do the father and the old man talk about?
(a) About God, in whom the old man says he puts all his faith.
(b) About how the world used to before.
(c) About where they should head next on their journey.
(d) About God, in whom the old man says he no longer believes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
2. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
3. What do the father and son do in the hidden cellar besides eating?
4. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
5. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)