|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) It begins raining.
(b) It begins snowing.
(c) It begins hailing.
(d) The wind picks up.
2. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
3. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(b) A rabbit.
(d) Acorns and roots.
4. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In a house.
(d) In a trailer.
5. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
(a) Piles of bodies.
(b) Hundreds of tins of food and drink, heating, and a second room with a toilet.
(c) Baskets of apples and a bed.
(d) Piles of clothes and shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
2. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
3. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
4. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
5. What does the father find in the nice house that he thinks could be poison?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)