|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
2. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Seven days.
3. The father and son sit in a truck surrounded by billboards -- what does one of the billboards say?
(a) Warns of death.
(b) Advertises a cruise line.
(c) Advertises Coke.
(d) Warns of famine.
4. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
(a) Playing with his friends on a lake.
(b) His dad taking him fishing.
(c) Boating with his uncle on a lake.
(d) His mother baking pies.
5. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
(a) They start looking for food.
(b) They set up camp and fall asleep.
(c) They break into an abandoned hotel.
(d) They scavenge for money and goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
2. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
3. How does the father recognize their destination?
4. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
5. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)