|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
(a) A sign.
(b) He recognizes the gas station as one from his childhood.
(c) The address on the gas station's door.
(d) A telephone directory.
2. After looking for things to enhance their cart, what do the father and son do?
(a) Drink from a stream.
(c) Have a nice talk.
3. After exploring the house the father heads back outside -- what does he find?
4. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
(a) Acorns and roots.
(b) A rabbit.
5. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
(b) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
(c) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
(d) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the father and son make cakes, where do they sleep for the night?
2. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
3. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
4. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
5. How are the father and son feeling when they leave the hidden cellar?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)