|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
(a) Large leaves.
(d) Pieces of cloth.
2. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Dr. Pepper.
(b) A can of Pepsi.
(c) A can of Coke.
(d) A can of Mountain Dew.
3. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
(a) He makes the son look for firewood.
(b) He gets embarrassed.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He makes up new ones.
4. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
(a) Hundreds of tins of food and drink, heating, and a second room with a toilet.
(b) Piles of clothes and shoes.
(c) Baskets of apples and a bed.
(d) Piles of bodies.
5. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they do not exist anymore.
(b) That they are important.
(c) That they are slowly dwindling.
(d) That they do still exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
2. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
3. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
4. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
5. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)