|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
(a) A telephone directory.
(b) A sign.
(c) The address on the gas station's door.
(d) He recognizes the gas station as one from his childhood.
2. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Three days.
3. What does the father want to do with the food that he and his son find in the nice house?
(a) Store the food in their cart.
(b) Throw the food away.
(c) Cook the food really well.
(d) Burn the food in a fire.
4. What do the father and son find in the nice house?
(a) Packets of freeze-dried food, a pillow, and a bike.
(b) A barrel of apples, blankets, and a backpack.
(c) Gallons of water, shoes, and a wagon.
(d) Tins of food, clothes, and a wheelbarrow.
5. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Searches for food.
(b) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(c) Begins to cry quietly.
(d) The father keeps the fire going.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the son feel about entering the nice house?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
3. After spying on the people walking by, further down the road the father and son see a fire and smell food -- what do the they find cooking on the fire?
4. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
5. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)