|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they do not exist anymore.
(b) That they are slowly dwindling.
(c) That they do still exist.
(d) That they are important.
2. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) That they are almost to safety.
(b) They are not going to die.
(c) They will find food.
(d) That snow will keep them strong.
3. What does the father wonder after seeing his son's reaction to finding the hidden cellar?
(a) How his son can cry so easily.
(b) Why the son is so excited.
(c) How much more the son can take.
(d) Why the son runs away.
4. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is dismayed.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is angry.
5. After leaving the cart in a parking lot, where do the father and son walk to?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A park.
(d) A bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
2. While under the bridge, the son wants a fire, so why does the father not start one?
3. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 36, how many days has it been since the father and son have eaten?
5. What do the father and son find inside the hidden cellar?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)