|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
(b) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(c) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(d) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
2. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
(a) Dirt and tar.
(c) Ash and dust.
3. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
(a) His cough is getting bad.
(b) His vision is getting blurry.
(c) He cannot walk.
(d) He is bleeding.
4. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
(a) Bales of hay and corn seeds.
(b) Two goats and a bag of wheat.
(c) A dead body and a basket of peaches.
(d) A cow and a bag of potatoes.
5. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
(a) His mother's suicide.
(b) Freezing to death.
(c) A toy penguin.
(d) His father dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the father and son finish the last of their food supply, what does the son ask the father about eating?
2. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
3. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
4. The day after the father and son make cakes, who approaches the son?
5. After the father and son make cakes, where do they sleep for the night?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)