|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) A pound of bacon.
(b) A leg of lamb.
(c) A ham.
(d) Rib steaks.
2. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Gap.
(b) The Valley.
(c) The Point.
(d) The Hallow.
3. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
(a) Pieces of cloth.
(c) Large leaves.
4. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His sister's house.
(c) His old house.
(d) His friend's house.
5. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
(a) A toy penguin.
(b) His father dying.
(c) His mother's suicide.
(d) Freezing to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
2. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
3. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
4. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
5. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)