|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
(a) His mother baking pies.
(b) His dad taking him fishing.
(c) Playing with his friends on a lake.
(d) Boating with his uncle on a lake.
2. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) Better wheels.
(b) A sled runner.
(c) An extra tarp.
(d) Better traction.
3. After reaching the city, what does the son ask the father about before nightfall?
(a) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
4. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His friend's house.
(b) His brother's house.
(c) His old house.
(d) His sister's house.
5. After leaving the first location in Chapter 1, what do the father and son turn back to get?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
2. What time is it when the father and son make their way down to the city?
3. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
4. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
5. What do the father and son find inside a trailer along the road?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)