|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Preparing dinner for his child.
(c) Looking over his child as he sleeps.
(d) Walking down a deserted road.
2. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any people.
(b) He does not see any cars.
(c) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(d) He does not see any lights.
3. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
4. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house where the son's mother grew up.
(b) The house where the father grew up.
(c) The house where the son was born.
(d) The house of the father's best friend.
5. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
(a) His son.
(b) The other woman.
(c) His own death.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
2. What covers the city that the father and son explore?
3. What do the father and son find in the woods that they eat for dinner?
4. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
5. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)