|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The rain is falling too heavily.
(b) The cart is falling apart.
(c) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(d) The snow is getting worse.
2. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
(a) His dad taking him fishing.
(b) Boating with his uncle on a lake.
(c) Playing with his friends on a lake.
(d) His mother baking pies.
3. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(b) The father helps the man.
(c) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(d) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
4. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
(a) His father dying.
(b) A toy penguin.
(c) Freezing to death.
(d) His mother's suicide.
5. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
(a) His wife.
(b) His own death.
(c) His son.
(d) The other woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the father and son running out of as they travel?
2. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, what does the father cough up?
4. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
5. What is the father doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)