|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father helps the man.
(b) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(c) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(d) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
2. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His sister's house.
(c) His old house.
(d) His friend's house.
3. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His wife's suicide.
(c) A woman he once knew.
(d) A nightmare of his son being killed.
4. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
5. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
2. After finding the items from the cart, what does the boy have a bad dream about?
3. What do the father and child use to carry their possessions?
4. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
5. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)