|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) An extra tarp.
(b) Better wheels.
(c) A sled runner.
(d) Better traction.
2. What do the father and son discover in a doorway?
(a) A small child crying.
(b) A dead, dried-up body.
(c) A starving dog.
(d) A gun.
3. While trying to shelter themselves from the rain, what does the father talk to the son about for a long period of time?
(a) The impenetrable sunshine.
(b) The impenetrable blackness.
(c) The impenetrable future.
(d) The impenetrable rain.
4. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(b) The father helps the man.
(c) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(d) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
5. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man is starving to death.
(b) The man has been struck by lightning.
(c) The man has severe frostbite.
(d) The man has been beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
2. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
3. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
4. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
5. What type of games do the father and son play?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)