|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
(a) The man chases after the son.
(b) The man grabs the son and puts a knife to his throat.
(c) The man shoves the son out of the way.
(d) The man gives the son a drink of water.
2. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) Better traction.
(b) Better wheels.
(c) A sled runner.
(d) An extra tarp.
3. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(b) The rain is falling too heavily.
(c) The snow is getting worse.
(d) The cart is falling apart.
4. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They talk about their journey so far.
(b) They wash themselves.
(c) They rest.
(d) They sit and watch the birds.
5. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His old house.
(b) His friend's house.
(c) His brother's house.
(d) His sister's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the woods, the father and son come to a road -- what does the father call this road?
2. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
3. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
4. What do the father and son find inside a trailer along the road?
5. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)