|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) His arm is broken.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) He is limping and his body is burnt.
(d) He is starving and has frostbite.
2. What do the father and son have to get through or it could mean their death?
(a) The plains.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The desert.
3. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has severe frostbite.
(b) The man has been beaten.
(c) The man has been struck by lightning.
(d) The man is starving to death.
4. How is the weather when the father and son reach the city?
(a) It's snowing.
(b) It's raining.
(c) It's windy.
(d) It's sunny.
5. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The rain is falling too heavily.
(b) The snow is getting worse.
(c) The cart is falling apart.
(d) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the edge of a city, the father and son come to a house -- what does the father find inside the house?
2. What does the son think is close by the barn?
3. What does the father remember about his own childhood?
4. What does the father fix to the cart to keep the limbs away as they move down the road?
5. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)