|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) That snow will keep them strong.
(b) They are not going to die.
(c) They will find food.
(d) That they are almost to safety.
2. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
(a) They move on.
(b) They call for help.
(c) They build a fire.
(d) They stop and rest.
3. In the morning after finding the city, why does the father step away from the son before he wakes?
(a) The father is looking for water.
(b) The father is looking for food.
(c) The father does not want the son to hear him coughing.
(d) The father is crying and does not want the son to hear.
4. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
(a) A warm fire.
(b) A plate of food.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A jug of water.
5. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any lights.
(b) He does not see any people.
(c) He does not see any cars.
(d) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
2. What does the father claim about his memory from his childhood?
3. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
4. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
5. What does the father use to make wrappings for himself and his son's feet?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)