|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father and son eventually find somewhere dry to sleep in the woods, but what wakes them up in the middle of the night and causes them to run?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) A forest fire.
(c) The trees begin to fall.
(d) Men with guns.
2. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) It begins hailing.
(b) The wind picks up.
(c) It begins snowing.
(d) It begins raining.
3. What does the father find at the supermarket that he gives to the son?
(a) A can of Dr. Pepper.
(b) A can of Mountain Dew.
(c) A can of Coke.
(d) A can of Pepsi.
4. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
(a) The Gap.
(b) The Valley.
(c) The Hallow.
(d) The Point.
5. What do the father and son eat that is fermented?
(a) Ham and potatoes.
(c) Rice and beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
2. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
3. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
4. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
5. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)