|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
(a) The person starts yelling at the son.
(b) The person stops and stares and the son.
(c) The person runs away.
(d) The person runs up to the son.
2. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any cars.
(b) He does not see any lights.
(c) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
(d) He does not see any people.
3. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
(a) A dead animal.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) Fresh footprints.
4. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(b) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
(c) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
(d) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
5. After leaving the city, what direction do the father and son head?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first location that the father and son walk to in Chapter 1?
2. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
3. What does the father notice that makes him question whether he is a good father?
4. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
5. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)