|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the father and son find inside a trailer along the road?
(a) Piles of clothes.
(b) Boxes of food.
(c) Dead bodies.
(d) Gallons of water.
2. At the first location in Chapter 1, what does the father try calling?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His sister's house.
(c) His old house.
(d) His friend's house.
3. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) That snow will keep them strong.
(b) That they are almost to safety.
(c) They are not going to die.
(d) They will find food.
4. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) A jackknifed truck.
(d) A burned out bus.
5. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) To help ward off wild animals.
(b) So no one can know exactly where they are.
(c) So fellow travelers can follow them.
(d) To help them if they get lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, what does the father cough up?
2. Before leaving the house and barn, the father and son collect more _______ before they head back on the road.
3. The next town the father and son come to they find a nice looking house -- what do they find inside a locked pantry?
4. Just when the father is thinking of leaving the cart he sees their destination -- what does he name it?
5. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)