|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They rest.
(b) They wash themselves.
(c) They talk about their journey so far.
(d) They sit and watch the birds.
2. What does the son find in his pocket that the father and son share?
3. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
(a) He does not see any cars.
(b) He does not see any people.
(c) He does not see any lights.
(d) He does not see any smoke coming from the city.
4. The father wakes from a dream and claims dreaming is not good -- what was he dreaming about?
(a) A woman he once knew.
(b) His wife's suicide.
(c) A nightmare of his son being killed.
(d) His childhood.
5. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) So no one can know exactly where they are.
(b) To help them if they get lost.
(c) To help ward off wild animals.
(d) So fellow travelers can follow them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do to the son after they come upon the thing in the doorway?
2. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
3. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
4. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
5. After the confrontation with the man who found their hiding spot, where do the father and son stay for the night?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)