|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
(a) They are not going to die.
(b) They will find food.
(c) That they are almost to safety.
(d) That snow will keep them strong.
2. What do the father and the son find in a smokehouse?
(a) A leg of lamb.
(b) A ham.
(c) Rib steaks.
(d) A pound of bacon.
3. Where are the father and son sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a trailer.
4. What are the father and son trying so hard to find at the supermarket?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A new cart.
(d) A can of soup.
5. The day after the father and son make cakes, what happens when the son calls out to the person who approaches him?
(a) The person stops and stares and the son.
(b) The person runs up to the son.
(c) The person starts yelling at the son.
(d) The person runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son find inside a trailer along the road?
2. What does the father do to the man who finds their hiding spot?
3. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
4. What season is approaching that has the father worried?
5. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)