|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the supermarket, how does the son feel about following the father into the house?
2. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(b) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
(c) The father helps the man.
(d) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
3. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) The father keeps the fire going.
(b) Searches for food.
(c) Begins to cry quietly.
(d) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
4. What house do the father and son go to after leaving the supermarket?
(a) The house where the father grew up.
(b) The house where the son's mother grew up.
(c) The house of the father's best friend.
(d) The house where the son was born.
5. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) It begins hailing.
(b) The wind picks up.
(c) It begins snowing.
(d) It begins raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking through an inhabited town, what are the father and son desperate for?
2. What does the father wash out of the son's hair?
3. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
4. What does the boy find when they take things from the cart?
5. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)