|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding their destination, what does the father wish he had for their cart?
(a) Better wheels.
(b) An extra tarp.
(c) A sled runner.
(d) Better traction.
2. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
(a) They call for help.
(b) They build a fire.
(c) They move on.
(d) They stop and rest.
3. While traveling, why do the father and son leave their fires alight?
(a) To help them if they get lost.
(b) So fellow travelers can follow them.
(c) To help ward off wild animals.
(d) So no one can know exactly where they are.
4. After the father and son flee the woods and find their cart, why is the boy struggling to walk?
(a) His leg is broken.
(b) He has been shot.
(c) He is badly burned.
(d) The snow reaches his knees.
5. As the father and son continue their journey, why is it getting so difficult to push the cart?
(a) The snow is getting worse.
(b) The rain is falling too heavily.
(c) The terrain is too rough and covered with rocks.
(d) The cart is falling apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son do when they reach the city?
2. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
3. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
4. After leaving the first location visited in Chapter 1, the father and son reach a city -- why does the father presume there is no life there?
5. After the father and son run from the nice looking house and hide, how many people do they see walking towards the house?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)