|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has been struck by lightning.
(b) The man is starving to death.
(c) The man has severe frostbite.
(d) The man has been beaten.
2. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
(a) The other woman.
(b) His own death.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
3. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) Fresh footprints.
(d) A pair of shoes.
4. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
(a) He cannot walk.
(b) His vision is getting blurry.
(c) His cough is getting bad.
(d) He is bleeding.
5. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
(a) A knife.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A screwdriver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
2. Although they have no food and all they eat is snow, what does the father continue to tell the son?
3. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
4. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
5. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)