|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the father and son hide while spying on the people climbing out of a truck?
(a) In an abandoned car.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) Behind a large tree.
(d) In a bush.
2. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
(a) A cistern of fresh water.
(b) A tank of gasoline.
(c) A pile of dead bodies.
(d) An abandoned car.
3. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
(a) They wash themselves.
(b) They talk about their journey so far.
(c) They rest.
(d) They sit and watch the birds.
4. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
(a) The man chases after the son.
(b) The man gives the son a drink of water.
(c) The man grabs the son and puts a knife to his throat.
(d) The man shoves the son out of the way.
5. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) He is limping and his body is burnt.
(b) His arm is broken.
(c) He is bleeding.
(d) He is starving and has frostbite.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
2. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
3. After exploring the house the father heads back outside -- what does he find?
4. After coming to the roadblock, why do the father and son stop and stay for the night?
5. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)