|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
2. In Chapter 35, how is the son starting to change?
(a) He is becoming more reckless and does not think before he acts.
(b) He is becoming quieter and barely speaks at all.
(c) He is becoming stronger and offering his point of view.
(d) He is becoming more frightened and relies on his father for everything.
3. Once the father fills his basket and begins to leave the house, what does he look back and realize is by the house?
(a) A cistern of fresh water.
(b) An abandoned car.
(c) A tank of gasoline.
(d) A pile of dead bodies.
4. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
(a) A telephone directory.
(b) The address on the gas station's door.
(c) He recognizes the gas station as one from his childhood.
(d) A sign.
5. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
(a) It begins snowing.
(b) The wind picks up.
(c) It begins hailing.
(d) It begins raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. After passing the boys with the fire, the father and son think someone is following them so they decide to hide -- who do they see walk past?
2. After leaving the barn, the father explores the house -- what does he find inside the house that's useful?
3. The father sees a house and decides to explore it while his son sleeps -- what does he leave beside the boy?
4. After the father and son hide from the people walking towards the nice house, why does the father give the son a gun?
5. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)