|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father helps the man.
(b) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(c) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(d) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
2. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is dismayed.
3. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
(a) His wife.
(b) His own death.
(c) The other woman.
(d) His son.
4. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(b) The father keeps the fire going.
(c) Begins to cry quietly.
(d) Searches for food.
5. What does the father find inside the barn that he eats?
(c) Corn seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
2. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
3. The morning after sleeping on the road, what do the father and son do because the father is worried about their tracks?
4. After the son asks the father if he is dying, they stop to rest and set up camp -- how many days do they stay in this same spot?
5. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)