|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the father get the men that approach them on the road to leave?
(a) He asks them nicely to please leave.
(b) He beats the men up.
(c) He pulls out his gun.
(d) He begs with them to spare his son's life.
2. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
(a) It is their worst night so far.
(b) It is their best night so far.
(c) They are almost to their destination.
(d) He does not know if he can go on.
3. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Leave as quickly as possible.
(b) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
(c) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
(d) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
4. After the father finds his son, who had wandered off while he was asleep, what does the son tell the father he has found?
(a) A car.
(b) A creek.
(c) A train.
(d) A bush with berries.
5. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father has a hard time remembering how to play the games -- what does he do?
2. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
3. After leaving the woods, the father and son come to a road -- what does the father call this road?
4. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
5. After he leaves his son safely sleeping, the father explores a barn -- what does he find in the barn?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)