|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the father decide to camp on the road?
(a) The road is too rocky and he thinks no one will come by.
(b) The snow is so deep he thinks no one could possibly come by.
(c) Weeds and debris overrun the road so he thinks no one will come by.
(d) The road is deserted and he thinks no one will come by.
2. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) Fresh footprints.
(d) A dead body.
3. What does the father find in a gas station that helps him to know where they are?
(a) A sign.
(b) He recognizes the gas station as one from his childhood.
(c) A telephone directory.
(d) The address on the gas station's door.
4. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
5. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
(a) They call for help.
(b) They stop and rest.
(c) They build a fire.
(d) They move on.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the gas station, what do the men that stop the father and son want?
2. After leaving their camp, what does the father spy some boys burning?
3. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
4. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
5. What happens to the son when the man reaches their hiding spot?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)