|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father tell the son has happened to the man who collapses in the road?
(a) The man has severe frostbite.
(b) The man is starving to death.
(c) The man has been beaten.
(d) The man has been struck by lightning.
2. After the father and son hide from the people walking towards the nice house, why does the father give the son a gun?
(a) To kill himself if the people find them.
(b) To defend himself if the people find them.
(c) To shoot the father if the people find them.
(d) To hide the gun if the people find them.
3. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
(a) His arm is broken.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) He is limping and his body is burnt.
(d) He is starving and has frostbite.
4. Upon reaching the road, what does the father say about States?
(a) That they are important.
(b) That they are slowly dwindling.
(c) That they do still exist.
(d) That they do not exist anymore.
5. What does the old man that the father and son met on the road say to the father before he leaves their camp?
(a) He tells the father that he knows he will die soon.
(b) He tells the father where to meet him in a few days.
(c) He tells the father thanks for his kindness.
(d) He tells the father he does not trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
2. In Chapter 11, how would the father and son describe the dinner that they prepared?
3. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
4. While on the road, the father and son meet an old man -- what does the son beg his father to give the old man?
5. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)