|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the road, the father and son meet an old man -- what does the son beg his father to give the old man?
(c) A coat.
2. What do the father and son do after their discovery in the trailer?
(a) They stop and rest.
(b) They call for help.
(c) They move on.
(d) They build a fire.
3. Along the road, what do the father and son encounter that makes them stop?
(a) A burned out bus.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) A jackknifed truck.
(d) A dead body.
4. What do the father and son do the morning after the father finds the house and barn?
(a) Leave as quickly as possible.
(b) Sit on a blanket and eat peaches.
(c) Wrap themselves in blankets, eat apples, and drink the water.
(d) Hot wire the car and leave the house.
5. The father and the son are becoming increasingly weak, and they sleep in the woods -- what does the father do while the son is asleep?
(a) Searches for food.
(b) Feels for the son's heartbeat.
(c) Begins to cry quietly.
(d) The father keeps the fire going.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the father's wife shoot herself?
2. What does the father say about their first night back on the road?
3. After the father finds his son, who had wandered off while he was asleep, what does the son tell the father he has found?
4. The father carries his son across a field, but he has to stop every _____ steps.
5. In Chapter 11, what do the father and son do before returning to the woods?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)