|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they leave the men on the road, why does the son ask the father if he is dying?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) His cough is getting bad.
(c) He cannot walk.
(d) His vision is getting blurry.
2. After leaving the trailer, further along the road, what does the father discover?
(a) A dead body.
(b) Fresh footprints.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) A pair of shoes.
3. What does the father decide to do about the man who has collapsed on the road?
(a) The father pushes the man out of the way and yells at him.
(b) The father helps the man.
(c) The father leaves the man where he lies and they walk on.
(d) The father shoots the man in the head to end his misery.
4. The night after the incident with the man on the road, the father has a dream -- what does he dream about?
(a) The other woman.
(b) His own death.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
5. After leaving the gas station, the father and son continue along the road -- how many men stop them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Along the road, the father and son come upon a man -- what is wrong with the man?
2. What does the father do when one of the men they are spying on walks toward their hiding place?
3. How far away are the father and son from where the father thought they actually were?
4. How does the weather change once the father and son leave the house and barn and are back on the road?
5. How does the son feel about how his father has treated the man who has collapsed on the road?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)