|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Conway describe her time in Catalonia?
2. Why didn't Conway like her mother's psychic group?
3. Why did Conway begin drinking too much, in "The Nardoo Stones"?
4. After visiting England, what did Conway not like about the English?
5. What did the manager of Coorain do while Mrs. Ker was away, in "Recharting the Globe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did reading Marx affect Conway?
2. In "Finding the Southern Cross," what was life like at Abbotsleigh for Conway?
3. Even after attending schools near Sydney, why didn't Conway fit in with her peers?
4. What interested Conway most about Ceylon?
5. In "Recharting the Globe," how did Conway feel about not getting the job with External Affairs?
6. What did Conway want to see during her vacation, in "Recharting the Globe"?
7. What was Conway's relationship with Peter like?
8. What were the first few months in Sydney like for Conway and her mother?
9. What was the curriculum at Abbotsleigh?
10. How did Conway feel about England after visiting it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Conway incorporates external, world history events in her book.
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of Coorain in this book? How did it affect the development of Conway's autobiography, and how was it a symbol?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze religion as a theme in "The Road from Coorain."
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)