|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Conway feel frustrated with Australian historians?
2. Why did Mrs. Ker have to find a job in Sydney?
3. During their trip to Europe, in "Recharting the Globe," what country did Conway and her mother visit first?
4. Why did a housing black market appear in Sydney?
5. How did Conway feel when she graduated from Abbotsleigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Conway decide to drop out of college after her first year?
2. Even after attending schools near Sydney, why didn't Conway fit in with her peers?
3. How did Conway feel about England after visiting it?
4. How did Conway feel about her mother's psychic research group?
5. What disagreement did the Kers have about Bob's twenty-first birthday?
6. What interested Conway most about her work at the medical office?
7. In "Schooling," what did Conway learn about herself?
8. What did Conway want to see during her vacation, in "Recharting the Globe"?
9. What interested Conway most about Ceylon?
10. What happened when Barry returned to Coorain, in "Finding the Southern Cross"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Conway pace her autobiography to create a plot structure that included rising action, climax, and falling action?
Essay Topic 2
How did Conway redefine family in her autobiography?
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of Coorain in this book? How did it affect the development of Conway's autobiography, and how was it a symbol?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)