|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Finding the Southern Cross," what did Conway stop doing after Bob's death?
2. How did Conway feel when she first attended Queenwood School?
3. After visiting England, what did Conway not like about the English?
4. After moving to Sydney, how did Mrs. Ker feel?
5. Which philosopher did Conway relate to because of his mother-daughter ideas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the first few months in Sydney like for Conway and her mother?
2. What happened when Conway questioned her academic future, in "Recharting the Globe"?
3. How did reading Marx affect Conway?
4. How did Mrs. Ker feel about her European vacation in, "Recharting the Globe"?
5. After moving to Sydney, what were Conway's educational experiences like?
6. How did Conway feel about her mother's psychic research group?
7. What happened when Barry returned to Coorain, in "Finding the Southern Cross"?
8. What was Conway's relationship with Peter like?
9. In "Finding the Southern Cross," what was life like at Abbotsleigh for Conway?
10. What did the Kers do for Christmas, in "Finding the Southern Cross"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Conway's romantic relationships.
Essay Topic 2
What role did drug and alcohol abuse play in Conway's autobiography?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Australian history as a motif in "The Road from Coorain".
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)