|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Conway feel about being a colonial, in "Recharting the Globe"?
2. What did studying history in college make Conway worry about?
3. Why did Mrs. Ker send Barry back to Coorain, in "Finding the Southern Cross"?
4. In "Recharting the Globe," what did Conway say women lacked?
5. After leaving Spain, in "Recharting the Globe," why did Mrs. Ker become upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Schooling," what did Conway learn about herself?
2. In "Finding the Southern Cross," what was life like at Abbotsleigh for Conway?
3. What upset Mrs. Ker about the end of her vacation, in "Recharting the Globe"?
4. Even after attending schools near Sydney, why didn't Conway fit in with her peers?
5. What was Conway's relationship with Peter like?
6. What were the first few months in Sydney like for Conway and her mother?
7. How did Mrs. Ker feel about her European vacation in, "Recharting the Globe"?
8. What interested Conway most about her work at the medical office?
9. What interested Conway most about Ceylon?
10. After moving to Sydney, what were Conway's educational experiences like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Conway use other texts in her autobiography? Consider the inclusion of other pieces of literature and philosophy. Why may Conway have included these?
Essay Topic 2
How did Conway pace her autobiography to create a plot structure that included rising action, climax, and falling action?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Australian history as a motif in "The Road from Coorain".
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)