|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Drought," how did Conway receive her education?
2. As a teenager, to which country did Conway's father feel loyal?
3. Why did the people of Australia not believe in religion?
4. When Conway worked with her father in "Childhood," what things did she ask him?
5. When did the terrible drought in "Drought" begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Conway and her mother feel about leaving Coorain after Mr. Ker's death?
2. What was Conway's life like when she joined her father in working the farm, in "Childhood"?
3. Why did Conway's mother leave her parents' home before she was married?
4. How did Conway's parents feel before moving to Coorain?
5. What happened to Mrs. Ker's health before the death of her husband?
6. What did Mrs. Ker learn when she visited a doctor, in "Coorain"?
7. In "The West," what things did Conway say made Australians proud?
8. In "The West," what did Conway say about the women of Australia?
9. How did the dust storms of the 1940s affect Coorain?
10. What was Conway's relationship with her brothers like when she was a chilld?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of education and academia in "The Road from Coorain."
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of class/social structures and hierarchies in this book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Australia and Europe in "The Road from Coorain."
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)