|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Coorain," what excited Conway's father about the land in the Western Division?
2. In "Drought," how did Conway receive her education?
3. After Conway was born, how did her mother reduce her workload?
4. Why did Mrs. Ker refuse to sell Coorain after her husband's death?
5. What job did Conway's mother have before moving to the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Conway's parents married in a protestant service?
2. In "Drought," how did World War II affect Australia?
3. How did Conway's parents feel before moving to Coorain?
4. What happened to Coorain after Mr. Ker's death?
5. In "The West," what was the effect of the settlers Conway described?
6. Why did Conway's mother leave her parents' home before she was married?
7. In "The West," what things did Conway say made Australians proud?
8. Before the white settles came to New South Wales, what other people were there?
9. How did Conway and her mother feel about leaving Coorain after Mr. Ker's death?
10. What was Conway's relationship with her brothers like when she was a chilld?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did drug and alcohol abuse play in Conway's autobiography?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Australian history as a motif in "The Road from Coorain".
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Australia and Europe in "The Road from Coorain."
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)