|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Conway feel when she first attended Queenwood School?
(b) In trouble.
2. How did Conway describe her time in Catalonia?
3. Why didn't Conway like her mother's psychic group?
(a) She was skeptical.
(b) She disliked the other people.
(c) She was forced to attend the meetings.
(d) She was frightened.
4. After moving to Sydney, how did Mrs. Ker feel?
(a) She started to go out on the town.
(b) Her feet became sore.
(c) She became sadder.
(d) Her health improved.
5. In "The Nardoo Stones," what career did Barry choose?
(a) To be a sheep sheerer.
(b) To be a charter pilot.
(c) To be a realtor.
(d) To be a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did studying history in college make Conway worry about?
2. In "Recharting the Globe," how long did Conway and her mother stay in England?
3. Why was Conway rejected from the Department of External Affairs?
4. What did Conway consider doing after graduating from Abbotsleigh?
5. At the end of "Finding the Southern Cross," what happened to Mrs. Ker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interested Conway most about her work at the medical office?
2. What was Conway's relationship with Peter like?
3. What upset Mrs. Ker about the end of her vacation, in "Recharting the Globe"?
4. How did Conway feel about England after visiting it?
5. What did Conway want to see during her vacation, in "Recharting the Globe"?
6. Why did Conway decide to drop out of college after her first year?
7. What happened when Conway began drinking, in "The Nardoo Stones"?
8. What interested Conway most about Ceylon?
9. What disagreement did the Kers have about Bob's twenty-first birthday?
10. What was the curriculum at Abbotsleigh?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)