|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Conway describe her first months in Sydney?
2. In "The Nardoo Stones," why did Conway feel like she couldn't disagree with her mother?
(a) Mrs. Ker stopped talking.
(b) She felt like they were becoming friends.
(c) She didn't want to make her sick.
(d) She didn't want to argue at all.
3. When Conway lost weight, what else did she do?
(a) Began dressing more fashionably.
(b) Began going out at night.
(c) Began writing down exercise regimens.
(d) Began teaching nutrition.
4. In "Schooling," where did Conway and her mother live?
(a) In a room above a garage.
(b) In an upstairs apartment by the ocean.
(c) In a hotel in Sydney.
(d) In a farmhouse in the suburbs.
5. How did Mrs. Ker help Barry's friends visit him while he stayed at Coorain?
(a) She let Barry come home each weekend.
(b) She bought Barry's friends train tickets.
(c) She bought him a plane.
(d) She let him borrow her car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a housing black market appear in Sydney?
2. What buildings did Conway want to see, in "Recharting the Globe"?
3. What made Peter Stone different from Australian men, according to Conway?
4. How did Bob die?
5. In "Recharting the Globe," how did Conway feel about the barriers facing women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Conway decide to drop out of college after her first year?
2. After moving to Sydney, what were Conway's educational experiences like?
3. What was the curriculum at Abbotsleigh?
4. What happened when Barry returned to Coorain, in "Finding the Southern Cross"?
5. What happened when Conway began drinking, in "The Nardoo Stones"?
6. What interested Conway most about Ceylon?
7. What happened when Conway first returned to school in 1954?
8. What happened when Conway questioned her academic future, in "Recharting the Globe"?
9. How did reading Marx affect Conway?
10. In "Finding the Southern Cross," how did Mrs. Ker react to Bob's death?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)