|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What buildings did Conway want to see, in "Recharting the Globe"?
(a) The ones she learned about.
(b) The ones her mother preferred.
(c) The ones in her favorite novel.
(d) The newest ones in the European style.
2. How did Conway describe her time in Catalonia?
3. How did Conway feel after seeing the buildings, in "Recharting the Globe"?
4. At the end of their trip, in "Recharting the Globe," what did Conway tell her mother?
(a) That she would no longer be living with her.
(b) That she might stay in Europe.
(c) That she would attend Barry's wedding.
(d) That she needed a loan for graduate school.
5. After visiting England, how did Conway describe English culture?
6. How did Conway describe the group of girls she served as prefect?
7. Why did Conway desire to know the history of the brush?
(a) Because it was ignored.
(b) She didn't want to know the history of the bush.
(c) Because it was controversial.
(d) Because it reminded her of her father.
8. Why did Mrs. Ker send Barry back to Coorain, in "Finding the Southern Cross"?
(a) Because she didn't trust Coorain's manager.
(b) Barry chose to go back to Coorain on his own.
(c) Because she wanted him to work.
(d) Because she wanted to be alone.
9. Why did Mrs. Ker buy a house in Pennant Hills?
(a) Because she received a benefit check from her husband's estate.
(b) Because the housing market was in a slump.
(c) Because money from Coorain picked up again.
(d) Because it was left to her from an aunt.
10. Why did Conway develop a fever in Sydney?
(a) A strep infection.
(b) A heart condition.
(c) A flu virus.
(d) No one knew.
11. In "Finding the Southern Cross," how long did Barry stay at Coorain?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Seven months.
12. At the end of "Finding the Southern Cross," what happened to Mrs. Ker?
(a) She fractured her leg.
(b) She caught chickenpox.
(c) She broke her wrist.
(d) She developed a rash.
13. Why did Mrs. Ker move to Waitara?
(a) To own her own house.
(b) To be closer to the water.
(c) To save money.
(d) For the better schools.
14. How did Conway feel when she first attended Queenwood School?
(a) In trouble.
15. In "The Nardoo Stones," why did Conway feel like she couldn't disagree with her mother?
(a) She didn't want to argue at all.
(b) She felt like they were becoming friends.
(c) Mrs. Ker stopped talking.
(d) She didn't want to make her sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mrs. Ker help her family avoid feeling sad at Christmas following Bob's death?
2. In "Finding the Southern Cross," how did the Ker's wool business do?
3. When Conway lost weight, what else did she do?
4. During their trip to Europe, in "Recharting the Globe," what country did Conway and her mother visit first?
5. Why didn't Conway fit in at public school?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)