|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Drought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Conway worked with her father in "Childhood," what things did she ask him?
(a) Questions about his childhood.
(b) Questions about the world.
(c) Questions about her mother.
(d) Questions about the war.
2. Why did Conway's mother avoid the Catholic church?
(a) She hated the way they took money.
(b) She didn't like their views on gender roles.
(c) She knew she was a sinner.
(d) She was a Baptist.
3. How did Conway and her mother travel to Sydney, in "Drought"?
(a) By plane.
(b) By boat.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
4. In "The West," what type of woman was described as being the ideal Australian?
(a) A domestic queen.
(b) A manager.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A poet.
5. Why did Mrs. Ker refuse to sell Coorain after her husband's death?
(a) Because it wasn't worth much money.
(b) Because it reminded her of her husband.
(c) Because it was her home.
(d) Because Bob told her not to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to cause Australia to break loyalty with England during World War II?
2. Why did Mrs. Ker get an award in "Childhood"?
3. How did Conway's mother feel while in Sydney, in "Coorain"?
4. In "The West," why did Conway say Australians kept a working class style?
5. When Conway's mother discovered she had uterine growths, why were the doctors concerned?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)