|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Drought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Conway's mother avoid the Catholic church?
(a) She hated the way they took money.
(b) She didn't like their views on gender roles.
(c) She was a Baptist.
(d) She knew she was a sinner.
2. What is the main geographic feature of the Western Plains of New South Wales?
3. When Conway worked with her father in "Childhood," what things did she ask him?
(a) Questions about the world.
(b) Questions about the war.
(c) Questions about her mother.
(d) Questions about his childhood.
4. Why was Conway sent away from home after the dust storm?
(a) Because she had gotten in trouble.
(b) To give her a better education.
(c) To protect her health.
(d) Because Mrs. Ker needed surgery.
5. In "Childhood," how did Conway describe her mother's organizational skills?
(a) As being hilarious.
(b) As being misguided.
(c) As being weak.
(d) As being powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Drought," what happened to the government of Australia?
2. Why did Conway's family collect water at Coorain?
3. In "Childhood," what did Conway do at night with her mother?
4. After World War I, what identity did Australians take pride in?
5. What did Conway like about seeing her mother at fundraisers in "Childhood"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)