|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Childhood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The West," why did Conway say Australians kept a working class style?
(a) Because it was all they could afford.
(b) Because it frightened visitors.
(c) Australians didn't keep a working class style.
(d) Because few lived in cities.
2. Why did Conway's mother avoid the Catholic church?
(a) She didn't like their views on gender roles.
(b) She knew she was a sinner.
(c) She was a Baptist.
(d) She hated the way they took money.
3. When Conway's mother discovered she had uterine growths, why were the doctors concerned?
(a) That they could harm a fetus.
(b) That she couldn't get pregnant again.
(c) That she could bleed to death.
(d) That they could turn cancerous.
4. How long did it take for the Kers to earn money from their sheep in Coorain?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
5. In "Coorain," what excited Conway's father about the land in the Western Division?
(a) Being so far away from civilization.
(b) Hiring people to work for him.
(c) The chance to start over.
(d) Getting to raise his own livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Ker get an award in "Childhood"?
2. Why did Conway's family collect water at Coorain?
3. What did Conway say the people of the pasture did for money, in "The West"?
4. Why did the Kers send Barry to King's School?
5. In "Childhood," why did the Kers loose many of their farmhands?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)