|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Childhood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did settling land affect the price when the whites first came to New South Wales?
(a) It made it cheap.
(b) It made it more expensive.
(c) It changed depending on the crops.
(d) It didn't change the price.
2. Why did Conway say it was difficult for Australians to raise cattle?
(a) Because they needed so much land.
(b) Because cows weren't native animals.
(c) Because they disliked cows.
(d) Because of their protein needs.
3. What is the main geographic feature of the Western Plains of New South Wales?
4. In the time before World War II, how did the Kers feel about the political events of the world?
(a) They ignored all the news.
(b) They agreed with the Americans.
(c) They liked the ideas of the Italians.
(d) They were very interested in them.
5. In "The West," how much high-quality wool was being produced in New South Wales?
(a) None at all.
(b) More than usual.
(c) Very little.
(d) They couldn't know for sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers did Conway have?
2. Why did the Kers travel to Sydney, in "Coorain"?
3. Why did the people of Australia not believe in religion?
4. As a child, how did Conway describe Bob?
5. Why did the Ker land venture get off to a bad start?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)